KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Matrix Remake

The Matrix Remake
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Oh no we don't need more real world stuff we need more matrix. That's what went wrong with the final film. Too much real world stuff. Throw some in there but the bulk should be placed in the Matrix world. That's what made these films special and unique.

I have to say I agree. Zion is best left seen in brief glimpses. Or better yet not at all, and just referenced.

Sure when you watch the first film and you hear about it you are curious, but then when they show it to you in later films..you wish they didn't. That scene where they all start dancing to what seemed to be techno music was cringeworthy. They even show us their water filtration plants, because reasons.

Zion seems like a horrible place to live and I don't blame the guy from the first movie for wanting to be mind wiped and placed back in the matrix unaware it wasn't real.

The intricacies of the Matrix interest me more than anything else.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 03:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm not so interested in the Zion setting either. But the Machine City is pulp sci-fi gold.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 03:35 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I'm not so interested in the Zion setting either. But the Machine City is pulp sci-fi gold.

I guess it is kinda cool looking, plus maybe we should look at the robots not as evil or cold hearted but as agents of mercy. After all, is it not a mercy to snuff these people out of their miserable existence? Saving them from a lifetime of eating that goop every single day and having nothing to look forward to but a rave party.

To the robots it was probably akin to cutting off the life support for someone in a vegetative state.

These things are heroes.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 12:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote