KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda vs Kyp, TK battle

Yoda vs Kyp, TK battle
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Yoda vs Kyp, TK battle

Round 1: Kyp doesn't get "inconsistent" dovin basal feat
Round 2: Kyp gets dovin basal feat

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 12:16 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The Dovin Basal feat isn't inconsistent, just the context is ignored.

Yoda wins unless Durron sacrifices all morals and becomes bloodlusted.

Even then, I could still see Yoda winning, but I'm not sure.

Obviously if Yoda sacrifices everything for victory too, he demolishes Durron.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Mar 16th, 2017 at 12:23 AM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 12:18 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Dovin Basal feat isn't inconsistent, just the context is ignored.

Yoda wins unless Durron sacrifices all morals and becomes bloodlusted.

Even then, I could still see Yoda winning, but I'm not sure.

I was making fun of those who I've heard dismiss the showing due to "inconsistency", hence the air quotes.

What's the context?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Both are using Jedi abilities, but both are willing to kill. Yoda doesn't get, "could annihilate sidious" hype

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 12:27 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"When I was still a teenager, I was able to reach into the gravity well of a gas giant and pull a spacecraft out of it. That's something that not many Masters could accomplish. I could do it because I was strong in the Force ... and because I had absolute faith in my right, my need to use that craft for a specific purpose. But I doubt I could do it today. I'm no weaker in the Force, and I'm a lot more skilled... but today I'd know that my intended purpose was not a good one, and this knowledge would deny me the focus I needed then to perform that task. So was I a Master then, or am I a Master now?"

A different feat, but the same concept, I believe. ^

Unless Durron is in the same mental state (of absolute necessity / evil intentions), he's not replicating his best feats.

In a slugging contest against Yoda, I don't see him getting there. If he does, it's hard to imagine anymore but Sidious + overpowering Yoda via virtue of corrupt will.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 12:27 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

"When I was still a teenager, I was able to reach into the gravity well of a gas giant and pull a spacecraft out of it. That's something that not many Masters could accomplish. I could do it because I was strong in the Force ... and because I had absolute faith in my right, my need to use that craft for a specific purpose. But I doubt I could do it today. I'm no weaker in the Force, and I'm a lot more skilled... but today I'd know that my intended purpose was not a good one, and this knowledge would deny me the focus I needed then to perform that task. So was I a Master then, or am I a Master now?"

A different feat, but the same concept, I believe. ^

Unless Durron is in the same mental state (of absolute necessity / evil intentions), he's not replicating his best feats.

In a slugging contest against Yoda, I don't see him getting there. If he does, it's hard to imagine anymore but Sidious + overpowering Yoda via virtue of corrupt will.

Was the David Bosal showing before or after this? The above seems like a mental hindrance preventing him rather than him lacking an amp

Anyhow,for the purpose of this battle, in round 2, both are acting out of "absolute necessity"

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 12:46 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The quote was stated after the Dovin Basal. It's from LOTF.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 12:46 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

The quote was stated after the Dovin Basal. It's from LOTF.

Seems fair, either way as stated above round 2 both have "absolute faith in the right"

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 12:49 AM
Tondemonai

The Dovin Basal feat happened after the one he was talking about, but the quote is from after the Dovin Basal feat

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 12:51 AM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Regardless, kyp needing to be emotionally sure of what he's doing doesn't equal to kyp needing to "sacrifice all morals" to replicate his best showings. So while round 1 should go to yoda, round 2 goes to kyp imo

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 01:47 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You're misunderstanding me. Durron isn't going to be "sure of what he's doing" in a battle against a Jedi Master as of LOTF.

No Jedi would be, really.

The only way he's getting to that conviction is via embracing the dark side and sacrificing everything he's got.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 02:12 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

You're misunderstanding me. Durron isn't going to be "sure of what he's doing" in a battle against a Jedi Master as of LOTF.

No Jedi would be, really.

The only way he's getting to that conviction is via embracing the dark side and sacrificing everything he's got.

You're misunderstanding me. I've given kyp the ability in round 2 to achieve conviction without being bloodlusted. He isn't going to have a mental hindrance here, neither is yoda(who doesn't have one anyway). But neither are bloodlusted or making use of darkside powers.

And yes Jedi can achieve conviction without turning to the darkside

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 02:18 AM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Round 1: Yoda.
Round 2: The dude capable of TKing singularities.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yoda, either way.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 03:05 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yoda, either way.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 03:24 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote