KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » SW Fanfiction

SW Fanfiction
Started by: S W LeGenD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

I'm not much into original stories set in a premade universe. Why would I read fanfiction if not to see the universe in question put in very particular circumstances that it wouldn't otherwise be in? If I wanted originality I'd just find a fantasy/scifi series on goodreads.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Mar 17th, 2017 at 12:56 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 12:44 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

You can have a new story with new characters that still borrows from unique elements of the setting, which you couldn't have with a different series alltogether.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 09:40 AM
Click here to Send GM_Nebaris a Private Message Find more posts by GM_Nebaris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

As someone who actively works to get into writing(I wanna be one of those actors that directs, acts and writes shit) its kinda a easier road to drive on when you're working with pre-existing characters. They got a full background you can reference, a developed personality and a style of speaking(i.e Vader)

Writing an original story is much more tiring tbh. I've tried on the DMBE forums and it's a bloody mess. Not to mention that most original stories follow a gary stu or a self insert of the fan with the same name and no originality.(This isn't a dig at dmb, he can at the very least make fight scenes seem interesting)

To be honest, I've never seen an original story that isn't shitty in some aspect.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 01:59 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote