KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Venom (2018)

Venom (2018)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (62): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

If it actually ends up being a very good movie, then I hope it gets the props and financial success it deserves. If turns out to be garbage, then it should, and probably will, end up bombing, even with a good opener.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 07:52 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Well it's PG 13 offically cause of possible further movies with Spider-Man etc...

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 05:41 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Well I dont see Kevin Feige agreeing to let them use Spidey while hes in the MCU, which wild mean an end to the Sony/Marvel deal.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 06:33 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Pretty much. Borrowing characters under contract is one thing, sharing them across platforms, nope. Only way is if Disney was allowed to veto/change any future script with Holland's Spider-Man appearing in a Sony film and even then I can't see that happening.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 08:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Why can’t they just use another character or hire another Actor to portray Spiderman for their respective cinematic universe???

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 10:04 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Possibly could, but not sure either Sony or Disney would want that confusion with the plebeian fanbase; especially considering how profitable SM is as a property.

Then again, who knows the exact details of the contract, there could be a clause where Sony can't use Spider-Man while still under contract with Disney, though allowing them the option to cancel the contract in full. Would actually be interesting to see the specifics of Disney using SM.

Like Hulk, Disney can use the Hulk in any film that has multiple characters/franchises, they just can't do a solo Hulk film. Universal still owns the rights to that. At least I'm pretty sure how that works. Edit: It's actually a bit more complicated than that it seems since Disney took control: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/bria..._b_9067512.html

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 20th, 2018 at 10:16 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 10:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
James T. Kirk
Captain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Possibly could, but not sure either Sony or Disney would want that confusion with the plebeian fanbase; especially considering how profitable SM is as a property.

Then again, who knows the exact details of the contract, there could be a clause where Sony can't use Spider-Man while still under contract with Disney, though allowing them the option to cancel the contract in full. Would actually be interesting to see the specifics of Disney using SM.

Like Hulk, Disney can use the Hulk in any film that has multiple characters/franchises, they just can't do a solo Hulk film. Universal still owns the rights to that. At least I'm pretty sure how that works. Edit: It's actually a bit more complicated than that it seems since Disney took control: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/bria..._b_9067512.html
There is.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 10:30 PM
James T. Kirk is currently offline Click here to Send James T. Kirk a Private Message Find more posts by James T. Kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Estacado
Well it's PG 13 offically cause of possible further movies with Spider-Man etc...

Has that actually been confirmed, That it is PG-13?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 06:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I believe it has.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 10:44 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

All i'm seeing is "Word is" sony wants it to be PG-13, So no actual confirmation.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 11:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 07:12 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yep, if the audiences likes the first one, they'll make a sequel and then a third if they like that one.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 12:14 AM
Darth Thor

Yep, and then they will most likely take Spider-Man back. Great sad

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 05:14 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Kazenji
All i'm seeing is "Word is" sony wants it to be PG-13, So no actual confirmation.

I think it is official but dont know where is the article, just heard it in a video.

Funny how they change their mind, the director was always yapping about how the movie will be gory cause he wants to stay true to the comics, all of sudden when he sees the chance for some extra cash he just dumps the idea...

So the pg 13 is mainly cause if they ever get the chance to make a movie with Spidey...

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 10:43 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Ok, I was wrong movie is not yet rated even director and Hardy says they dont know if it will be R or PG 13.

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 06:44 AM
Darth Thor

I mean couldnt it just be R rated and any potential sequel with Spidey be PG-13?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 07:19 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Yup.

I have no idea why they are phuckin around with this...

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 07:49 AM
Flyattractor

Well it is Sony.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 08:56 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Estacado
Ok, I was wrong movie is not yet rated even director and Hardy says they dont know if it will be R or PG 13.

im guessing pg-13 so kids can fill the seats

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 08:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

PG-13? laughing out loud

AFTER the success of Deadpool and Logan films? Smdh, Sony...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 11:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote