KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Supergirl vs. MCU Thor

Supergirl vs. MCU Thor
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Supergirl vs. MCU Thor

Season 2 Kara

Who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 04:39 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Supergirl is on the level of christopher reves superman who lifted an entire island

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 03:07 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

S1 Kara gets defeated, not because she's less powerful but because she really sucks as a fighter. However, towards the end of S1 she was already improving. I haven't watched season 2 but if her fight game has greatly improved then she definitely has more than enough power to take out Thor.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 03:11 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

She lifted that gigantic spaceship thing

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 04:46 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K-Dog

She decelerated it after it got up into near space, but since it had lifted itself up there, you could say she pushed hard enough to equal it's weight. But most of her fights look like she is dishing out and taking damage about on Ironman's level (including her heat vision output in my opinion). Consistently, Thor looks more powerful IMO.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 05:43 PM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor looks more powerful, but Kara looks MUCH more manuverable/quicker.

Not sure how Thor will even hit her, unless the hammer can home in on her automatically.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 07:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

There was that villain who zapped her with electricity. Add to that Thor's strength, flight and fighting abilities, and she definitely won't want to go toe to toe with him.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 08:52 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Kara loses this.. she isn;t that impressive

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 09:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Not so sure superfriends, in a later season 1 ep, Kara casually lifts a key made out of the material of a condensed dwarf star, said to weigh a "million tons".

That's two billion pounds, using the short ton unit. Not sure MCU Thor's shown that level of power. The strength and durability required to lift and hold two billion pounds is ridiculously high and she did it as easily as a normal person lifting and using a normal key.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 10:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

SG is inconsistent to say the least. One episode she is easily lifting a million tons the next she can't break out of quicksand.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 10:16 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm aware of the inconsistency, watched all of S1. But going with best feats for both, that way it does away with interpretations of what average power for each is, she's uber powerful.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 10:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

To be fair though, Thor's highest showings are fairly consistent.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 10:34 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm aware of the inconsistency, watched all of S1. But going with best feats for both, that way it does away with interpretations of what average power for each is, she's uber powerful.

This is why I hate using the best feat of a charater to reflect their standard performance.

It's like getting Michael Jordan's best game and thinking that he performs that way every single game.

I much prefer taking the average showing of a character as a reflection of their standard performance.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 10:45 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Using Kara's best showing's doesn't ignore how vulnerable she was to Livewire. If Thor drops a lightning bolt on her cute little ass, it's over.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 10:53 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

TBF, her cute little ass is absolutely adorable.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 11:30 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by FrothByte
This is why I hate using the best feat of a charater to reflect their standard performance.

It's like getting Michael Jordan's best game and thinking that he performs that way every single game.

I much prefer taking the average showing of a character as a reflection of their standard performance.

Agreed in general, but something like game/sport stats isn't really open for interpretation while here in the MVF the average of highest/lowest showing is.

Think of how many times have you personally seen someone low/highball to nonsense levels.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 11:34 PM
Darth Thor

I think it's more a case of her having tremendous power, but just not utilizing her abilities very effectively.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 11:37 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K-Dog

Going by durability, Thor's hammer is going to be a most unfortunate experience for her, and after she Gets knocked out by the first hit, Monel will get dropped by the second hit, and martian man Hunter will have to step in and do his best. That usually how those episodes go. Unless her cousin flies in and helps her tag team Thor.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 12:21 AM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I think it's more a case of her having tremendous power, but just not utilizing her abilities very effectively.

I think it's just a case of tremendous power belonging to someone who's a very crappy fighter.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 01:13 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by FrothByte
I think it's just a case of tremendous power belonging to someone who's a very crappy fighter.

Yeah that too.

Contrast that with Thor's highly super advanced combat abilities, and she's in trouble.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 07:37 AM