KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Supergirl vs. MCU Thor

Supergirl vs. MCU Thor
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Plainly put. Thor is several cuts above her villain of the week. And he has several abilities/weapons tailor made to f*ck her up. Like lightning, which Thor is easily Livewire's equal. Or Mjolnir absorbing her heat vision and bouncing it right back. Or Thor just fighting so much better than her and hitting harder than vow's who give her a helluva hard time.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 07:46 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

That's also an apples and oranges comparison, though. A episodic tv series vs a two hour movie.

By this argument, MCU Thor rapes comic Thor because "consistancy".

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 03:10 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
That's also an apples and oranges comparison, though. A episodic tv series vs a two hour movie.

By this argument, MCU Thor rapes comic Thor because "consistancy".

Not at all. Comics operate on a much higher level on average.

What I'm saying is, Kara constantly(like Flash as it's a TV show and the plot has to go on each weeks) gets hit an awful lot by people, and gets hurt by all types things. Thor is easily one of the toughest things Kara has fought, and he has a lot of powers that Kara has no defense against. Also yes, consistency helps, as 4 movies of solid feats helps him immensely.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 03:52 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Yeah, Supergirl and Flash have the same problems. They're both potentially super powerful and yet they constantly have problems with villains way below their implied power class.

And while it's nice to just focus on Supergirl's or Flash's few best high end feats, we can't ignore the fact that they constantly have trouble with foes that Thor would probably demolish with ease.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 04:22 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, but we know that characters with super speed are going to take hits. It's more or less the nature of the beast if you're going to have some conflict.

Look at comic Superman or Flash. Just using post crisis preNu versions..both have been hit hundreds(if not more) of times by villains who actually shouldn't have any business hurting them. Characters on tv shows also have way more appearances. The flash show as of right now has 62 episodes. Assuming an average of 40 minutes per episode, and assuming your average film is 2 hours long(they aren't, but I'm being generous) this would mean Flash has over 20 films worth of feats.

Flash does get tagged a lot in this tv show, but unless it's done by someone with actual super speed of their own I chalk it up to PIS. If we do not do that, technically you could make a fight with TV Flash and argue that even a normal human could hit him.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 18th, 2017 at 07:45 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 07:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, but we know that characters with super speed are going to take hits. It's more or less the nature of the beast if you're going to have some conflict.

Look at comic Superman or Flash. Just using post crisis preNu versions..both have been hit hundreds(if not more) of times by villains who actually shouldn't have any business hurting them. Characters on tv shows also have way more appearances. The flash show as of right now has 62 episodes. Assuming an average of 40 minutes per episode, and assuming your average film is 2 hours long(they aren't, but I'm being generous) this would mean Flash has over 20 films worth of feats.

Flash does get tagged a lot in this tv show, but unless it's done by someone with actual super speed of their own I chalk it up to PIS. If we do not do that, technically you could make a fight with TV Flash and argue that even a normal human could hit him.

If it happens just once or twice we could chalk it up to PIS. But when it happens about every other time then that's far too often to keep excusing it as PIS.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 08:05 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by FrothByte
If it happens just once or twice we could chalk it up to PIS. But when it happens about every other time then that's far too often to keep excusing it as PIS.
I disagree. When he has feats like taking out a hundred + metas at the same time, and moving so fast that lightning looks slow, getting hit by a burglar for the sake of the plot is always character or plot induced stupidity. It's the definition of it. It wouldn't happen if they were consistent.

Then again, they clearly say mach 3 is the fastest he can supposedly go, so maybe the PIS is actually working backwards and making him out to be more powerful than he actually is. Thats the first time I've ever really seen anything like that. Super hero TV shows like Flash or Smallville are always consistantly inconsistant (lol).

PWNT

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 08:20 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I disagree. When he has feats like taking out a hundred + metas at the same time, and moving so fast that lightning looks slow, getting hit by a burglar for the sake of the plot is always character or plot induced stupidity. It's the definition of it. It wouldn't happen if they were consistent.

Then again, they clearly say mach 3 is the fastest he can supposedly go, so maybe the PIS is actually working backwards and making him out to be more powerful than he actually is. Thats the first time I've ever really seen anything like that. Super hero TV shows like Flash or Smallville are always consistantly inconsistant (lol).

The speed numbers they throw out on The Flash mean virtually nothing at this point. In season 2, he had to hit Mach 3.3 to do that bridge crossing thing, and that was when he was still like 3 times slower than Zoom was supposed to be, who he was matching after regaining his powers. They just seem to arbitrarily through out numbers that sound fast, even if it's wildly inconsistent both in continuity, and with regards to feats.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 08:29 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Lets wait till Justice League

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 08:30 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If he'd just shown speed on the level of "no human should be able to hit me" once or twice I'd agree. But that isn't the case at all. On top of the other feats mentioned he's been able to react quick enough to catch a bullet that was fired at him from point blank range.

Comic Flash hasn't been hit once or twice. Or even just a dozen times. The new DCU is only a little over 5 years old, I bet you could still find dozens of times(if not more) of Flash getting tagged by non-speedsters just from the last couple of years.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The speed numbers they throw out on The Flash mean virtually nothing at this point. In season 2, he had to hit Mach 3.3 to do that bridge crossing thing, and that was when he was still like 3 times slower than Zoom was supposed to be, who he was matching after regaining his powers. They just seem to arbitrarily through out numbers that sound fast, even if it's wildly inconsistent both in continuity, and with regards to feats.

It's also strange that one can apparently time travel by going Mach 3.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 18th, 2017 at 09:05 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 08:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

If someone has 3 examples of being able to take out dozens of people before they can react and 150 examples of getting tagged by people without superspeed. then it's the 3 examples that are PIS.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 10:47 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It's not 3 vs 150 though, not by a long shot. At least not where the Flash is concerned. But anyways, Supergirl is the one in the thread, and I've only seen a few episodes of that show. And from what I saw, in terms of actual combat showings, Thor should win.

Originally posted by Surtur
It's also strange that one can apparently time travel by going Mach 3.

It also doesn't track at all with things like the latest crossover episodes, where Flash and Supergirl raced to different cities all over the planet in what seemed like a few minutes, in order to place those little chip things on the Dominators. You'd have to be moving MUCH faster than Mach 3 to do that.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Mar 19th, 2017 at 03:50 AM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:47 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

The 3 vs 150 were just random numbers used to illustrate a point.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:56 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

PIS isn't only determined by number of showings, but by whether they track with power sets and basic internal logic.

Spidey can beat down heralds for the next 20 years, and it would still be PIS.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 10:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

We don't base PIS on power sets, we base it on whether something is consistent with their established level and that level is based on feats.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 11:59 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It also doesn't track at all with things like the latest crossover episodes, where Flash and Supergirl raced to different cities all over the planet in what seemed like a few minutes, in order to place those little chip things on the Dominators. You'd have to be moving MUCH faster than Mach 3 to do that.

Yeah, and on top of that we have his feats from fighting Dr. Light when he creates a shitload of after images all over the place.

Originally posted by cdtm
PIS isn't only determined by number of showings, but by whether they track with power sets and basic internal logic.

Spidey can beat down heralds for the next 20 years, and it would still be PIS.

Well I dunno, if Spider-Man suddenly started beating herald level beings on a regular basis and this went on for 20 years..I would say yeah it doesn't make sense,but those would be his power levels.

Or look at Batman. He is supposed to be a normal human. Well trained, but not superhuman. Yet for decades the man has racked up feats no normal human should be able to accomplish. But we do not ignore those because Batman is supposed to be a non-superhuman.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 26th, 2017 at 02:52 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 02:47 PM
wakkawakkawakka

So i take it Supergirl's fighting ability still hasn't improved in her show's second season. I'm going off the Metallo, Parasite, and crossover battles that she's had so if there's was any improvement from those then she might not loose to bad.

As it stand Thor still wins due to being the better fighter and having more consistent showing of power despite his opponents superior stats.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 06:00 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by Robtard
TBF, her cute little ass is absolutely adorable.

X

Anyway, Kara can use her heat vision to keep Thor busy for a while until she gets a good shot in.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 12:12 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
X

Anyway, Kara can use her heat vision to keep Thor busy for a while until she gets a good shot in.

He'll just block it with Mjolnir the same way he blocks chitauri blasts.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 12:35 AM
Dr Will Hatch

He'll just block it with Mjolnir the same way he blocks chitauri blasts.

While dealing with fighting with her at superspeed beyond what he has shown?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 12:43 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote