KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Can Nomi Sunrider Force Sever the Sith Emperor?

Who would win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Nomi 4 28.57%
Vitiate 10 71.43%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can Nomi Sunrider Force Sever the Sith Emperor?
Started by: Geistalt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Aside from its stated contexts being the Mandalorian Wars. erm

Mandalorian Wars have nothing to do with the quote in question.

Revan is explicitly the strongest member of the Jedi Order by that point in time - battle of Malachor V.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:18 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Azronger
Revan is better than Jedi Ulic and Kun. That's it. Trying to twist it so that it applies to prime versions would assume they all grew equally, which is an unproven notion. Kun > Ulic > Vitiate > Revan, as per canonical sources. Fact.

Actually the equation is like this:

Revan (Reborn) >>>> Revan (MW-LB) > any Jedi in history.

No source declares Exar Kun being stronger than Revan. Forget Vitiate.

Your assumption is bullshit.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:20 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Mandalorian Wars have nothing to do with the quote in question.

Revan is explicitly the strongest member of the Jedi Order by that point in time - battle of Malachor V.
laughing out loud

The quote in question is discussing Revan's prowess during the Mandalorian Wars. Dead Jedi like Nomi & Ulic are completely irrelevant.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:23 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

laughing out loud

The quote in question is discussing Revan's prowess during the Mandalorian Wars. Dead Jedi like Nomi & Ulic are completely irrelevant.

Very funny.

Revan was stronger than any Jedi in history by the time he fought the Mandalore. I know this upsets you but you will come to terms with it. thumb up

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:26 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Your reaching is indeed amusing. But unfortunately no, the statement in question makes no mention of history nor do the contexts necessitate such a baseless assumption. He was the most powerful champion the Jedi had to offer at the time, nothing more. thumb up

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Actually the equation is like this:

Revan (Reborn) >>>> Revan (MW-LB) > any Jedi in history.

No source declares Exar Kun being stronger than Revan. Forget Vitiate.

Your assumption is bullshit.

laughing out loud

No, but they do declare Exar Kun being stronger than Vitiate. Dry those tears, lmao.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:43 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Azronger
laughing out loud

No, but they do declare Exar Kun being stronger than Vitiate. Dry those tears, lmao.

Show me that quote please.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 12:41 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Your reaching is indeed amusing. But unfortunately no, the statement in question makes no mention of history nor do the contexts necessitate such a baseless assumption. He was the most powerful champion the Jedi had to offer at the time, nothing more. thumb up

That would have been the case if Revan was stated to be the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy, but no. Revan's accolade is not era-specific.

Revan is stated to be the Jedi Order's most powerful champion. In this case, Jedi Order's history can be safely assumed. Sorry.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 12:47 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

quote:
Revan couldn’t actually remember any of his battles against the Mandalorians; they were buried in the part of his mind that had been locked away when the Jedi Council turned him against Malak. But he had studied up on his own history enough to fill in the missing details from Canderous’s narrative.

In battle after battle, Revan had led the Jedi and Republic forces to victory. Realizing defeat was inevitable, Mandalore the Ultimate had challenged Revan to single combat, and Revan had accepted.

Though the Mandalorian fought valiantly, in the end he was no match for the Jedi Order’s most powerful champion.

-- The Old Republic: Revan

The context of the quote makes it clear that it's referring only to present Jedi, and possibly only the Jedi involved in the Mandalorian Wars (which would exclude the Council, etc).

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 12:52 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

^^^

The term "Jedi Order" refers to the entirety of it.

Revan wasn't only the strongest among the so-called Revanchists but as a member of the Jedi Order on the whole.

So-called context imposes no restriction on the scope of the accolade itself.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 19th, 2017 at 02:08 AM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:04 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

It says "the Jedi Order's most powerful champion". In this case, "champion" means someone who is taking up a cause — in other words, Revan is the most powerful of all in the Jedi Order who decided to go to war with the Mandalorians. That excludes the Council but includes Alek, Arren Kae and Meetra Surik.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:12 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 19th, 2017 at 02:22 AM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:13 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Not sure what you're laughing at. Any other definition of "champion" would be redundant because of the "most powerful" phrase. That'd be like saying he was the most powerful [being who was most powerful]. That doesn't make sense.

The preceding sentence discusses Revan leading Jedi into battle against the Mandalorians. Hence, "most powerful champion" means Revan was the greatest of those who went to war with the Mandalorians — the most powerful champion of that Revanchist cause, which, of course, was derived from warriors of the Jedi Order.

Of course, as I said, that's only one interpretation, but the more I think of it, the more likely it is.

I'm waiting for Ant and other Revan fanboys to start their bashing, but it's kind of irrelevant since Revan doesn't even need this accolade to put him above the Council or any of the other names I mentioned above. KotOR II made that clear already.

Last edited by SunRazer on Mar 19th, 2017 at 02:20 AM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:18 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by SunRazer
Not sure what you're laughing at. Any other definition of "champion" would be redundant because of the "most powerful" phrase. That'd be like saying he was the most powerful [being who was most powerful]. That doesn't make sense.

The preceding sentence discusses Revan leading Jedi into battle against the Mandalorians. Hence, "most powerful champion" means Revan was the greatest of those who went to war with the Mandalorians — the most powerful champion of that Revanchist cause, which, of course, was derived from warriors of the Jedi Order.

Of course, as I said, that's only one interpretation, but the more I think of it, the more likely it is.

I'm waiting for Ant and other Revan fanboys to start their bashing, but it's kind of irrelevant since Revan doesn't even need this accolade to put him above the Council or any of the other names I mentioned above. KotOR II made that clear already.

A "champion" is someone who has proven himself in combat situations. If Revan is the greatest champion, than he is logically greatest of them all. Others haven't proven themselves in combat situations but this doesn't implies they are excluded from assessment.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:23 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

By definition, a "champion" is either someone who has surpassed everyone else (ie. the best) or someone who takes up a cause. If we go by the former definition, it's redundant because it's saying he's the best twice. He's the strongest [person who has surpassed everyone else]. It makes no sense.

The other definition is that Revan has taken up the cause of fighting the Mandalorians. Others have as well, so they are all "champions", but Revan was obviously the most powerful of them all. And we have reason to believe that it's this definition because the preceding sentence mentions Revan leading Jedi and Republic forces into battle against the Mandalorians.

So that quote doesn't prove anything, but it's not necessary to begin with. KotOR II has already established Revan as being greater than any other Jedi of that time.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:26 AM
S_W_LeGenD

^^^

Check the link I cited, if you haven't already. The word "champion" is extra (and unnecessary) in that sentense.

Can you point out the revelation in KoTOR 2?

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 19th, 2017 at 02:31 AM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:29 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

That's my point. You wouldn't have redundant words in a published work, lol (although Drew is a shit writer).

You're literally proving my point. The first definition of champion doesn't work because the word becomes superfluous. Therefore, it's the second definition by default. It only counts the part of the Jedi Order that was involved in the war, not the entirety of the Order. thumb up

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:32 AM
S_W_LeGenD

^^^

I didn't knew Revan was lacking in raw power back then. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:37 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

quote:
"He came to me, yes. Both before and after, before Revan knew herself. And after, in the times when Revan was coming into his own and learning he was more than he had been told. At one time, Revan was my Padawan. In times past, long ago. But Revan, when he had learned all he could, had other masters: that fool Zhar, and other Jedi on other planets. He learned from each. But in the end, he turned back to me. When he realized there was nothing more to be learned from the Jedi - except how one could leave them forever."

-- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Revan has learned everything the Jedi know. So there's no knowledge gap. And of course, he wields more raw power than any other Jedi (do I really need quotes for this?). It's clear that he's beyond any Jedi already.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:38 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

^^^

I didn't knew Revan was lacking in raw power back then. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nobody said that at any point. I even acknowledged that Revan's superiority to all of the Jedi is made blatantly clear in KotOR II. All I said is that this quote doesn't refer to the same thing.

Head out of your arse, please.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:39 AM