KMC Forums

 
  REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!
 
 
Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Kenobi vs Maul: How Did It Happen?


Kenobi vs Maul: How Did It Happen?
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TenebrousWay
Senior Member

Registered: Sep 2016
Location:


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
"ya lol maul is fodder even Githany can beat him"

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:20 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9
Senior Member

Registered: Jul 2016
Location: Atollon


DarthDuelist9 is online now!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I don't think the fight can be accurately used to powerscale for Ben or Maul for several reasons. The biggest thing is the fact that Maul used the same old tricks *exactly*; moves that Kenobi has already seen and is familiar with. Kenobi is a more transformative and progressive fighter than Maul is, and that transformation is seen pretty evidently when Ben shifts from his PT opening stance to a simpler one, as Ares has mentioned. Maul thought he was facing an old, crippled hermit and nothing more, so I don't think he really expected anything impressive skill-wise from Kenobi.

The fight is more symbolic of Maul's stagnation and how he clings to the past, while Kenobi has moved on, both mentally and in a dueling-sense. Ben and Maul's face-off is more exclusive to them and their past and growth (or lack thereof) as characters. Using it to start saying "ya lol maul is fodder even ___ can beat him" or "ben can stomp malgus now" is really just ridiculous.


thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up


__________________


Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:20 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
Senior Member

Registered: Sep 2016
Location:


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling


Heretical! Malgus > Dooku according to Sidious. smile smile smile

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:23 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Vanguard of the Sheevites

Registered: Jun 2016
Location: At the forefront of Sheev's armies


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I don't think the fight can be accurately used to powerscale for Ben or Maul for several reasons. The biggest thing is the fact that Maul used the same old tricks *exactly*; moves that Kenobi has already seen and is familiar with. Kenobi is a more transformative and progressive fighter than Maul is, and that transformation is seen pretty evidently when Ben shifts from his PT opening stance to a simpler one, as Ares has mentioned. Maul thought he was facing an old, crippled hermit and nothing more, so I don't think he really expected anything impressive skill-wise from Kenobi.

The fight is more symbolic of Maul's stagnation and how he clings to the past, while Kenobi has moved on, both mentally and in a dueling-sense. Ben and Maul's face-off is more exclusive to them and their past and growth (or lack thereof) as characters. Using it to start saying "ya lol maul is fodder even ___ can beat him" or "ben can stomp malgus now" is really just ridiculous.


Sorry, but you're wrong.

quote:
Although he has grown older and gained new abilities throughout his life, Darth Maul still builds on the teachings he received from Darth Sidious. Now, hes trying to pass them on to Ezra Bridger.


-Darth Maul: The Story of an Apprentice


Rebels is his prime; Kenobi, Dooku, and Vader are Maul blitzers now.


__________________

"Go worth, my child, and impale your enemies with the banner of Sheev." - The_Tempest, Grand Vizier to His Imperial Majesty Sheev Palpatine

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:50 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Registered: Nov 2014
Location: Transcendent


 

Pretty sure there's a quote saying blogs are bullshit. Either way, what you brought forth doesn't rebut my point at all. Kenobi knew what was coming to him and capitalized.


__________________



Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:52 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthAnt66
Last of the Jedi

Registered: Feb 2013
Location: USA


 

Yeah Maul's not in his prime, lmfao.

They confirmed the blogs aren't Canon, btw.


__________________

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:54 PM
Click here to Send DarthAnt66 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAnt66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Registered: Mar 2014
Location: The Proud Nation of Kekistan


Emperordmb is online now!

Gained New Abilities =/= prime

I mean it's clear he has a wider variety of force abilities, such as his knowledge of nightsister magic and the temple at malachor, and more specifically his telepathic prowess seems to have greatly expanded, but that doesn't preclude his overall physical and combative prowess declining.


__________________

I am Darth Umbravon, and I am the darkness, I am the Shadow of the Sith!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:57 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Vanguard of the Sheevites

Registered: Jun 2016
Location: At the forefront of Sheev's armies


 

Yeah, one of the most skilled fighters in history, a level 8 which is a "cheat" level, far beyond normal duelists, and then became an even better duelist after his hermitage. Somehow I'm just not convinced he'd **** up that bad.

Also, I think it's just said the story group doesn't review the content of the blogs, not that they're outright non-canon.


__________________

"Go worth, my child, and impale your enemies with the banner of Sheev." - The_Tempest, Grand Vizier to His Imperial Majesty Sheev Palpatine

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:58 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthAnt66
Last of the Jedi

Registered: Feb 2013
Location: USA


 

Even if they were Canon I wouldn't give a shit.


__________________

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:59 PM
Click here to Send DarthAnt66 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAnt66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Vanguard of the Sheevites

Registered: Jun 2016
Location: At the forefront of Sheev's armies


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Gained New Abilities =/= prime

I mean it's clear he has a wider variety of force abilities, such as his knowledge of nightsister magic and the temple at malachor, and more specifically his telepathic prowess seems to have greatly expanded, but that doesn't preclude his overall physical and combative prowess declining.


Apparently you missed the portion where it said he still builds on his Master's teachings after all these years, meaning he's improved his dueling.


__________________

"Go worth, my child, and impale your enemies with the banner of Sheev." - The_Tempest, Grand Vizier to His Imperial Majesty Sheev Palpatine

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:00 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthAnt66
Last of the Jedi

Registered: Feb 2013
Location: USA


 

Az who wins Kenobi or Vitiate laughing out loud


__________________

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:01 PM
Click here to Send DarthAnt66 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAnt66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
Senior Member

Registered: Sep 2016
Location:


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
Yeah, one of the most skilled fighters in history, a level 8 which is a "cheat" level, far beyond normal duelists, and then became an even better duelist after his hermitage. Somehow I'm just not convinced he'd **** up that bad.

Also, I think it's just said the story group doesn't review the content of the blogs, not that they're outright non-canon.


Kenobi is a 10+ then. smile

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:01 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Vanguard of the Sheevites

Registered: Jun 2016
Location: At the forefront of Sheev's armies


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Even if they were Canon I wouldn't give a shit.


I think you're just salty that Kenobi, Dooku and Vader would all blitz Revan smile


__________________

"Go worth, my child, and impale your enemies with the banner of Sheev." - The_Tempest, Grand Vizier to His Imperial Majesty Sheev Palpatine

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthAnt66
Last of the Jedi

Registered: Feb 2013
Location: USA


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
I think you're just salty that Kenobi, Dooku and Vader would all blitz Revan smile

Would say your joking but you probably aren't rofl


__________________

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:02 PM
Click here to Send DarthAnt66 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAnt66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Vanguard of the Sheevites

Registered: Jun 2016
Location: At the forefront of Sheev's armies


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Az who wins Kenobi or Vitiate laughing out loud


Vitiate has demonstrated a wider variety and more poweful uses of Force powers, but Kenobi would probably cream him in a combat scenario with his vastly superior skill, tactics and speed. smile


__________________

"Go worth, my child, and impale your enemies with the banner of Sheev." - The_Tempest, Grand Vizier to His Imperial Majesty Sheev Palpatine

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Registered: Mar 2014
Location: The Proud Nation of Kekistan


Emperordmb is online now!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
I think you're just salty that Kenobi, Dooku and Vader would all blitz Revan smile

I think you're just salty that nobody takes you seriously smile


__________________

I am Darth Umbravon, and I am the darkness, I am the Shadow of the Sith!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:04 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthAnt66
Last of the Jedi

Registered: Feb 2013
Location: USA


 

laughing out loud


__________________

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:04 PM
Click here to Send DarthAnt66 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAnt66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthAnt66
Last of the Jedi

Registered: Feb 2013
Location: USA


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I think you're just salty that nobody takes you seriously smile

In the old days I was always concerned ppl would believe what he says, but at this point I don't have to worry about that.


__________________

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:05 PM
Click here to Send DarthAnt66 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAnt66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Vanguard of the Sheevites

Registered: Jun 2016
Location: At the forefront of Sheev's armies


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
In the old days I was always concerned ppl would believe what he says, but at this point I don't have to worry about that.


So you concede I was a threat to your agenda? smile


__________________

"Go worth, my child, and impale your enemies with the banner of Sheev." - The_Tempest, Grand Vizier to His Imperial Majesty Sheev Palpatine

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:07 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthAnt66
Last of the Jedi

Registered: Feb 2013
Location: USA


 

That was well established, lmfao.

Now your honestly not, so carry on.


__________________

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:08 PM
Click here to Send DarthAnt66 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAnt66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 06:17 AM.
Pages (20): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< Contact Us - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Forum powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.