KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kit Fisto vs Old Master Maul (Sabers Only)

Kit Fisto vs Old Master Maul (Sabers Only)
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

Maul in a good fight

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 03:45 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Maul, lol.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 05:01 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Nah, Fitso tbh.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 05:18 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Not in a million years

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 05:20 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

No, it would only take about 5-6 seconds. wink

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 05:25 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ok listen to me since you seem to be one of the rabid fanboy types. I hope you saw the double feature Kill Bill. We saw an extended fight with Daryl Hannah's character in a trailer. But when she finally catches up to Bill it was a much shorter duel. That doesn't mean Bill was inferior to Daryl's character. You have to grasp what is occurring and the sheer gravity, history, and depth of the situation all the characters are in as well as the circumstances.
Yeah, I like Kill Bill. You don't have to explain any of this to me. The intentions behind the scene were clear. I am simply tired of reading/finding excuses for Maul's failures. Star Wars characters are not real sword fighters. Even average Jedi mastery grants the ability to easily deflect blaster bolts. Imagine their precognition/perception speed. The likes of Kit Fisto is on a level beyond average Jedi's comprehension. On such level, you don't go down so fast when fighting someone near your level. That is simply not how Star Wars works. Still, I'd be willing to ignore the well established laws of Star Wars fighting for someone who has never lost in this manner, but this isn't the first time Maul fails in such fashion.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 05:32 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Trocity
No, it would only take about 5-6 seconds. wink
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 05:36 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Sinious
Yeah, I like Kill Bill. You don't have to explain any of this to me. The intentions behind the scene were clear. I am simply tired of reading/finding excuses for Maul's failures. Star Wars characters are not real sword fighters. Even average Jedi mastery grants the ability to easily deflect blaster bolts. Imagine their precognition/perception speed. The likes of Kit Fisto is on a level beyond average Jedi's comprehension. On such level, you don't go down so fast when fighting someone near your level. That is simply not how Star Wars works. Still, I'd be willing to ignore the well established laws of Star Wars fighting for someone who has never lost in this manner, but this isn't the first time Maul fails in such fashion.
So you are saying the Maul who took on Palpatine was the very same level at the time he took on Kenobi in the rebels era ? The creator explained the reasoning and the thiught into this brief battle. You're choosing to ignore them in favor of YOUR perception. What you don't realize is your perception will never dictate Star Wars canon. Filoni dictates what occurred and he explained it. Maul is arrogant no one is denying this but he was broken and past his prime in the rebels era.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 02:52 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Like I said, he consistently messes up due to his stupidity. It isn't just one case. There is no justifying his incompetence now. But seeing how you have to resort to the wankery of Palpatine himself is nice to watch.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 05:23 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Funny how Quan keeps quoting "the creator" now, yet argued we should ignore him when he said Vader would have killed Maul had they met.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Funny how Quan keeps quoting "the creator" now, yet argued we should ignore him when he said Vader would have killed Maul had they met.

And yet he says that we're biased, lmao

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 05:45 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
My standards have not changed. What comes into canon is entirely different than what's axed on the cutting floor. That's just his opinion on an idea but what comes to pass becomes factual information. His insight onto canon and what is fact is entirely different. You should understand that much if you had a brain that is.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 06:05 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Sinious
Like I said, he consistently messes up due to his stupidity. It isn't just one case. There is no justifying his incompetence now. But seeing how you have to resort to the wankery of Palpatine himself is nice to watch.
He is a lost person and has been throughout the rebels era. He's been isolated for decades. That has a huge impact on ones psyche. By sheer force of will he still defied the empire and the rebels. He's always been arrogant and selfish to the bitter end. He's a true Sith as Kenobi was a true Jedi. Anakin was a true ***** to the end of his life.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 06:07 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I might actually favor Kit, to be honest. Rebels Maul is the new TCW Grievous; still slaughters the fodder, but can't take a Jedi master in a fair fight.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 06:41 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Maul wins. Ben is just that good

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 06:49 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I might actually favor Kit, to be honest. Rebels Maul is the new TCW Grievous; still slaughters the fodder, but can't take a Jedi master in a fair fight.
I'm definitely seeing a discussion here. Not sure why people think this is trolling.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 11:23 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Maul. He demonstrated parity with Ahsoka who held her own against Vader, a feat well beyond Fisto's paygrade.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 11:35 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Maul. He demonstrated parity with Ahsoka who held her own against Vader, a feat well beyond Fisto's paygrade.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 12:16 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'd favor Maul, but both (and Ahsoka) are 7s.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 12:17 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

No they aren't:
"The actual duel is very short, how did you come to the conclusion it had to come this way?...(feloni) If you talk to a lot of people who sword fight, they'll tell you people who are very good don't have long fights. So that scene, its a homage to the 7th samurai. I think on one level people would be excited to see a prolonged lightsaber fight. But I just never really saw the confrontation that way because to do that is to say the characters don't have growth "

The "characters don't have growth" part isn't even needed here given the context of the quote.

The quote refers both to maul and kenobi and shows both have progressed from their tcw selves.

So Ahsoka and Maul still turn fisto into fishfood

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 12:30 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote