KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda VS Kyle Katarn

Yoda VS Kyle Katarn
Started by: TheNuisanceBird

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

(please log in to view the image)

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2017 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

He is a joke (Plagueis loses to Kenobia rofl) but his verdict is correct overall. Yoda would beat Katarn.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 12:38 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

What the heck are you whingebags complaining about? It was a great analysis of both characters. Plus it had a logical outcome and sound reasoning behind it.

So again, what exactly are you complaining about?

Last edited by chilled monkey on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 06:23 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 06:20 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

Mostly his other videos where he thinks Kenobi > Plagueis ....

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 12:24 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chilled monkey
What the heck are you whingebags complaining about? It was a great analysis of both characters. Plus it had a logical outcome and sound reasoning behind it.

So again, what exactly are you complaining about?

I knew it was only a matter of time before you slithered into this thread to white knight this abomination.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 03:40 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Trocity
I knew it was only a matter of time before you slithered into this thread to white knight this abomination.

And I knew you wouldn't be able to provide a real answer or defend your position.

Again, what exactly are you complaining about? What specifically makes this video an "abomination?" What aspects of the analyses do you take issue with?

Are you saying you disagree with the outcome or his reasoning behind it? If so, I'd REALLY like to know why.

Mostly his other videos where he thinks Kenobi > Plagueis ...

So what if he made one video that was dubious? It's dumb to completely ignore/dismiss EVERYTHING a person does just because of one bad call, especially when most of his other videos are absolute genius.

How would you feel if you made a movie that was a flop and then made another one but no-one even watched it or gave it a chance?

Judge a work by its own merits, not based on what came before it.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 07:32 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

My position doesn't need defending. The fact that the video exists at all is evidence towards Evan's insanity. The fact that you adore these videos is proof of yours.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

So what if he made one video that was dubious? It's dumb to completely ignore/dismiss EVERYTHING a person does just because of one bad call, especially when most of his other videos are absolute genius.

How would you feel if you made a movie that was a flop and then made another one but no-one even watched it or gave it a chance?

Because the answer is such a joke. The fact that he fails to see how Plagueis would simply ragdoll Kenobi blows my mind, considering all the videos he's made all those forcecasts or whatever he's in where he talks about Star Wars.

Sidious could ragdoll Maul but Plagueis couldn't ragdoll Kenobi? How does that make sense, considering TPM Plagueis was roughly equal in power to Sidious during RotS?

It's so sad that he spends 40 minutes seriously evaluating a ragdoll procedure.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 12:01 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

And I knew you wouldn't be able to provide a real answer or defend your position.

Again, what exactly are you complaining about? What specifically makes this video an "abomination?" What aspects of the analyses do you take issue with?

Are you saying you disagree with the outcome or his reasoning behind it? If so, I'd REALLY like to know why.

Because the Forcecast doesn't even remotely understand power scaling (for example Jensaarai1 thinks Zannah beats Yoda and Vader but Zannah also somehow loses to Tholme, and Evannova thinks Bultar Swan and Darth Maul are on a similar level), and because they ignore actual evidence when it doesn't fit with their interpretations (such as them ignoring numerous statements on Sidious's skill level because they believe he's completely unskilled, or Evannova claiming that Bane is a "painfully predictable textbook duelist" when the evidence in the novels shows him as unpredictable and he's considered to have "moved beyond forms and sequences" in the first book).

It's not a single video though, it's a consistent trend. Bane vs Hoth, Bane vs Shaak, Kenobi vs Plagueis, and now this... and these are his more recent videos as well.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 12:18 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Dude, they haven't produced one good video in their entire careers, lmfao.

Just take the L already.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 12:19 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Because the Forcecast doesn't even remotely understand power scaling (for example Jensaarai1 thinks Zannah beats Yoda and Vader but Zannah also somehow loses to Tholme, and Evannova thinks Bultar Swan and Darth Maul are on a similar level), and because they ignore actual evidence when it doesn't fit with their interpretations (such as them ignoring numerous statements on Sidious's skill level because they believe he's completely unskilled, or Evannova claiming that Bane is a "painfully predictable textbook duelist" when the evidence in the novels shows him as unpredictable and he's considered to have "moved beyond forms and sequences" in the first book).

To think I actually believed them as well. There are so many canon statements proving Sidious to be a master duelist and *the greatest* duelist depicted in the movies. He outright beats Yoda in lightsaber combat according to canon. A lot of these statements are by Nick Gillard, and for some reason those guys on Forcecast seem to completely ignore Gillard and use evidence to support their own theories.

Yeah Bane is a painfully predictable duelist, but hast learnt Form VII? Makes sense.

It's not a single video though, it's a consistent trend. Bane vs Hoth, Bane vs Shaak, Kenobi vs Plagueis, and now this... and these are his more recent videos as well.

Wait don't tell me he said Shaak beats Bane?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 12:27 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by samappo
Wait don't tell me he said Shaak beats Bane?

Nah but he basically said Bane barely wins, and that Shaak Ti would survive the engagement by running away.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 12:29 AM
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Dude, they haven't produced one good video in their entire careers, lmfao.

Just take the L already.

To be fair Connor's redo of Vader VS Kun wasn't that bad. It was at the very least a step up from...well...his other stuff.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 12:29 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

Nah but he basically said Bane barely wins, and that Shaak Ti would survive the engagement by running away.

Lol At him also saying Ti has a higher pain tolerance.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 12:30 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

you guys are more retarded for even paying attention to anything they make, lmao.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 12:32 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

My position doesn't need defending. The fact that the video exists at all is evidence towards Evan's insanity. The fact that you adore these videos is proof of yours.

I adore these videos because they give me inspiration in my writing, both for Star Wars, other series and original fiction. They help me devise statistics for characters and in writing fight scenes.

What is Character A's typical approach to battle? How does his personality and experiences influence it? How does he respond to different scenarios? How do I keep his fights consistent but varied enough to avoid being repetitive?

These are all important points to consider when writing fight scenes and videos like this are very helpful to me. Why does that anger you? I guess you just hate anyone with imagination or creativity.

Seriously, why do you dislike this video? This isn't a jibe. I honestly want to know.

Because the Forcecast doesn't even remotely understand power scaling (for example Jensaarai1 thinks Zannah beats Yoda and Vader but Zannah also somehow loses to Tholme, and Evannova thinks Bultar Swan and Darth Maul are on a similar level), and because they ignore actual evidence when it doesn't fit with their interpretations (such as them ignoring numerous statements on Sidious's skill level because they believe he's completely unskilled,

1) "Power scaling" is dumb. Brains, tactics and skill can frequently defeat a foe with greater power. Look at Batman or Captain America for example.

2) I may need to re-check this but as far as I know Jensaarai1 has NEVER claimed that Zannah beats Yoda. He just said that her lightsabre style would be effective against Yoda because it blocks many of his primary attack vectors. All that means is she would fare better against him than most in a lightsabre duel.

I agree that the Zannah vs. Tholme one was pretty head-scratching though.

3) They do not believe Palpatine is completely unskilled. Throughout that video they repeatedly acknowledge that he's a master duellist. All they said was that he's not invincible (which he isn't).

Originally posted by samappo
He outright beats Yoda in lightsaber combat according to canon.

Nope. According to canon Yoda disarmed him.

My Dude, they haven't produced one good video in their entire careers, lmfao.

WRONG! Here are just a few examples of awesome videos-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqz...ghLVUh7z8DHRZtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXWQBeyopOQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trv_vSZWz44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woGPPPBaS00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-hrr7pwPmM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 01:44 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

All terrible.

How so? Please enlighten us.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 01:56 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Who's "us?" You seem to be the only one disagreeing here, lmfao.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 01:57 AM
TheNuisanceBird

Who's "us?" You seem to be the only one disagreeing here, lmfao.

https://youtu.be/P4zCPWkFJTY?t=1m18s

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 01:59 AM