KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Tomb Raider

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03...iption-revealed

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, she looks the part. On the other hand...

"Lara navigates the chaotic streets of trendy East London as a bike courier, barely making the rent, and takes college courses, rarely making it to class."

That is not Lara Croft. She's not Peter Parker. She is way more capable (and rich) than that. Making her retarded/irresponsible to appeal to the masses is not the right way to tackle her character.

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 08:36 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
"Lara navigates the chaotic streets of trendy East London as a bike courier, barely making the rent, and takes college courses, rarely making it to class."

Last edited by marwash22 on Mar 27th, 2017 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 08:44 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

if i ever become a billionaire, I'ma just buy up all the comic and video game properties and sit on them so no one can make shit movies.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 08:45 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Re: Tomb Raider

Originally posted by Arachnid1
the other hand...

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 08:47 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So looks like the first Angelina Jolie film may remain the best one (which was at least dumb fun), sadly.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 08:57 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Based on what? A single sentence in a film summary? Talk about overreacting.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:00 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Not really. That sentence made it clear how they're gonna handle her character.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:05 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

One aspect of her character.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:11 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

are you familiar with the character? i mean, that's literally nothing like the character from "Tomb Raider"

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:24 PM
ares834

I've played the games, yes. Like I said, it's a single aspect of the character.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:30 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i take it you're a Star Wars fan.

sooooooo, if the next movie were about Darth Vader, a flamboyant homosexual man from the Upper East Side of Manhattan who's struggling to get his artisanal sandwich shop off the ground... you wouldn't have a problem with that?

this proposed "Tomb Raider" movie sounds like shit. why even call it 'Tomb Raider'

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:39 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Ok, I laughed. Well done, Mouth.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by marwash22

sooooooo, if the next movie were about Darth Vader, a flamboyant homosexual man from the Upper East Side of Manhattan who's struggling to get his artisanal sandwich shop off the ground... you wouldn't have a problem with that?

this proposed "Tomb Raider" movie sounds like shit. why even call it 'Tomb Raider'

yay hyperbole

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:53 PM
riv6672

I can somewhat agree.
Why bother tacking the name on, when the film could just as well be a different property?
I felt the same about the lste 90s Godzilla. Decent movie in itself, but, didnt have to be called Godzilla.
10 Clovetfield lane (unless its part of some bigger anthology or project i'm unaware of), same thing.

Ah well.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:57 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Jesus

fking

lol

PWNT

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 10:30 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by ares834
yay hyperbole
but, but... being the leader of a galactic empire is just a single aspect of Vader's character.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 10:34 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by ares834
Based on what? A single sentence in a film summary? Talk about overreacting.

Agreed

especially when you read the rest of the plot they're going for

quote:
Eventually she becomes inspired to investigate her father’s disappearance and travels to his last-known location: a tomb on an island somewhere off the coast of Japan.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 07:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Gawd...KMC sucks with the edit button sometimes

not sure why her Father is involved with the plot, Nothing about the first game in the new reboot games.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 07:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

I agree that what they are proposing sounds like garbage and isnt anything like Lara Croft...

Well atleast the woman playing Lara is pretty...

smile

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 08:24 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I guess its not a surprise with Game to movie adaptations, Normally add something that wasn't in the games at all.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 08:42 AM