KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

This is more like taking away, than adding.

I'm not overly upset at any of this, for the record, its just a topic i've found myself thinking about with other movies (see above). I'm sure i'll still enjoy it.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 10:04 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji

especially when you read the rest of the plot they're going for

So she's struggling to pay the rent but manages to travel all over Japan...

Oh I can't wait for that montage of "fund raising shenanigans" she'll get up to in the big city! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 10:58 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by riv6672
This is more like taking away, than adding.

Then there's the rare times where they create a new story within the game franchise world, Looking at the recent Assassins Creed movie.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 11:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's just a slight change to her backstory. Won't bother me unless it doesn't work within the context of the actual story. Maybe she does have an inheritance waiting but she's not using it yet or something, who knows

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 12:02 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^that'd be a twist.
Originally posted by Kazenji
Then there's the rare times where they create a new story within the game franchise world, Looking at the recent Assassins Creed movie.

Hey if it works for you, i'm glad.
All i know about TR is what i've read here and there, the comic i used to read, and the Jolie movies.
This doesnt sound like TR, as of right now.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 12:11 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by riv6672

This doesnt sound like TR, as of right now.

Agreed.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 12:15 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Like i said i'll probably enjoy it anyway, i'm not a hardcore fan.
I hope actual fans get some pleasant surprises plot wise though.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 12:18 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Did none of you play the reboot? In the reboot she didn't accept her father's inheritance and put herself through college by working in bars and other odd jobs to make her own way.

2013 Lara is best Lara. All of you can eat a dick. I just hope her girlfriend is in the movie.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 12:35 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
2013 Lara is best Lara. All of you can eat a dick. I just hope her girlfriend is in the movie.

Your girlfriend eats my dick.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 12:54 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I don't have any particular preconceived notions about the character, so I don't really care. As long as she's hot and the movie is interesting I'm okay with it.

I actually did enjoy the Angelina Jolie movies somewhat (although probably the 2nd one moreso than the first), so I'll look forward to this for some fun mindless action/adventure.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 01:03 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I don't have any particular preconceived notions about the character, so I don't really care. As long as she's hot and the movie is interesting I'm okay with it.

I actually did enjoy the Angelina Jolie movies somewhat (although probably the 2nd one moreso than the first), so I'll look forward to this for some fun mindless action/adventure.
I was looking forward to the ugly tomb raider though

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 01:31 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Firefly218
I was looking forward to the ugly tomb raider though

Played by Melissa McCarthy? Ugly and unfunny..

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 02:04 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Did none of you play the reboot? In the reboot she didn't accept her father's inheritance and put herself through college by working in bars and other odd jobs to make her own way.

Played it, but don't quite remember every detail about it, mainly the survival and hunting aspects. Did it also establish that she was mostly a no-show for class? Either way, it's one of the more minor things, so can give that a pass if the film is otherwise decent, but meh. Suppose I still hadn't fully adjusted to that different take on her, but it is fresh and arguably more interesting.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 02:44 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Melissa McCarthy can actually be pretty funny though, have you seen the Heat or Spy? Both are fantastic. Also she's been brilliant on SNL lately mocking Sean Spicer.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 05:27 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Melissa McCarthy can actually be pretty funny though, have you seen the Heat or Spy? Both are fantastic. Also she's been brilliant on SNL lately mocking Sean Spicer.

I've never found any of her comedy very funny. Even the Sean Spicer is really only funny because the whole Trump administration is such an easy target, it's really a complete joke already. No mockery needed.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 05:51 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Played it, but don't quite remember every detail about it, mainly the survival and hunting aspects. Did it also establish that she was mostly a no-show for class? Either way, it's one of the more minor things, so can give that a pass if the film is otherwise decent, but meh. Suppose I still hadn't fully adjusted to that different take on her, but it is fresh and arguably more interesting.
Nah, that seems new. Still. It's such a stupid thing to be salty about. Real men are salty about there being no mention of Sam.
(please log in to view the image)

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 06:40 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Since Star Wars was being discussed too, I think she'd be great as like..Jabba the Huts niece or something? In a future film.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 06:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by ScreamPaste

Nope. Only the very first game where she's wealthy.

No thanks, I avoid small snacks between meals. Girlfriend you say? Now that's a welcome change.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 06:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lesbian Lara Croft would be fantastic

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 07:39 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Lesbian Lara Croft would be fantastic

I second this. thumb up

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 07:42 PM