KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I wouldn't say she looks athletic. Not at all. She doesn't need to have a huge rack but she needs to look like she's stepped into a gym before at some point at least.

She doesn't look athletic? Are you drunk? I'm betting she spent months in the gym for this role. She looks like an Olympic athlete. What do you think athletic women look like?

This?

(please log in to view the image)

^ That is disgusting.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 11:23 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Perfection.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 11:32 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

She's got a weird long neck.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 12:30 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by riv6672
yeah, she's a real porker; looks like Tom Hanks right when he GOT to the island in 'Castaway':
[img]https://imghost.io/images/2017/09/24/imagedb600.jpg[/img

http://www.marieclaire.com/health-f...t-exercise-abs/

Look at that gut...roll eyes (sarcastic)
[img]https://imghost.io/images/2017/09/24/image165cd.jpg[/img
Yes, obviously I'm talking about how overwieght she is.

She doesn't look athletic? Are you drunk? I'm betting she spent months in the gym for this role. She looks like an Olympic athlete. What do you think athletic women look like?

This?

[img]https://media.wired.com/photos/59c3d654e413633c168905e1/master/w_582,c_limit/TombRaider2TA.jpg[/img

^ That is disgusting.
Michelle Lewin for example. She's a girl who's pretty well known in the fitness industry. Look at any famous female athlete like Hope Solo, or Serena Williams, and tell me this girl looks athletic. She doesn't need to look like a male, but just take a look at her arms and legs.

Just what is she planning on doing with that plank? Can she even swing it? This new girl looks like she'll break all her limbs and snap in half if a mild breeze rolls through. I can't imagine her being capable of doing the physical activities Lara regularly does. She looks like she can't even pick up a rifle let alone shoot it. Every girl in my campus female soccer team is more athletic than her. Every girl in my high school softball team is more athletic than her. If she's seriously what passes for an athletic female to you guys, I've got some bad news.

That is not "months in the gym". She's never been in a gym. She's good at keeping a low BF% but there's more to being physically fit than just dieting.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 24th, 2017 at 04:50 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 04:45 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, she's lean, but still looks strong. Serena Williams is much too manly for my taste.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 06:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Her look seems less "months in the gym" and more "months spent on the survivor reality show" lol. Her enemies are bears and really strong gusts of wind.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 06:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Yes, obviously I'm talking about how overwieght she is.

You were talking shit, or have no understanding of physical fitness, so i had some fun while i corrected you.
Srsly, you have the greatest research tool known to man at your fingertips.
Use it.

It took me all of 2 minutes to find several sites detailing this young woman's prep for the TR role, a link to one which i posted.
Y'welvome.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:42 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah, she's lean, but still looks strong.

Looks more like she just needs a bath to me..which I hope she does in the movie.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:45 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not even a strong gust of wind, maybe even just a medium strength gust would give her trouble. Probably would tumble over and need a man to help her get up.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

But Surt! WOMEN ARE JUST AS STRONG AS DER MENZ!!!!!
Science Tells us So!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:54 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

She is cut from the same mold as there fierce modern day Amazons:

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 24th, 2017 at 11:00 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:58 PM
Flyattractor

lol

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 11:01 PM
Arachnid1

You were talking shit, or have no understanding of physical fitness, so i had some fun while i corrected you.
Use it.

It took me all of 2 minutes to find several sites detailing this young woman's prep for the TR role, a link to one which i posted.
Y'welvome.
Yes, she had such a rigorous 4 month training period. By the end of it, she could lift her own body weight for the first time in her life! All 117lbs! That's not even a plate.

I was talking shit because she is flat out average. If you seriously consider that physically impressive for a female, your physical fitness knowledge doesn't amount to much past a google.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 25th, 2017 at 12:15 AM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 12:05 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Use it.

Y'welvome.

Yeah, peeps be seriously lackin in understandin of fisical phitness. From your link...

quote:
weight-lifting seven months out from filming, then boxing, MMA, heavy lifting, and climbing three months later. After two months of that full-time, Lygdbäck pared her workouts back to 30-minute morning HIIT sessions and 45-minute afternoon gym sessions. Nine years in ballet school probably wasn't a bad foundation.

Yeah, sounds like a pretty intense gym routine to me. It would seem that many retards here can't tell the difference between physically lean and fit vs thin, weak, and not fit.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 01:45 AM
Flyattractor

I have no doubt that she could kick your butt.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 01:46 AM
riv6672

^^^you might want to try and explain that to Arachnid1.
I would but, i already had my fun at his expense. big grin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 02:58 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Yeah, peeps be seriously lackin in understandin of fisical phitness. From your link...

Yeah, sounds like a pretty intense gym routine to me. It would seem that many retards here can't tell the difference between physically lean and fit vs thin, weak, and not fit.

She worked out for a few months before filming to look average/skinny as opposed to(please log in to view the image) stick skinny beforehand. It takes more than a few months to look like Lara Croft. Thats years dedicated to fitness. Not near something a few months can get you. Especially not in this case since all she attained was the ability to support her own body weight.

Physically lean and fit vs. thin and weak is an obvious distinction.

^^^you might want to try and explain that to Arachnid1.
I would but, i already had my fun at his expense. big grin
Fun way of saying "I have no idea what I'm talking about and am bowing out of the argument with a weak joke since that's all I can manage."

But you take care. thumb up

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 25th, 2017 at 03:03 AM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 03:00 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

She worked out for a few months before filming to look average/skinny as opposed to(please log in to view the image) stick skinny beforehand. It takes more than a few months to look like Lara Croft. Thats years dedicated to fitness. Not near something a few months can get you. Especially not in this case since all she attained was the ability to support her own body weight.

Physically lean and fit vs. thin and weak is an obvious distinction.

Fun way of saying "I have no idea what I'm talking about and am bowing out of the argument with a weak joke since that's all I can manage."

But you take care. thumb up

Allow me to requote what you said...

I wouldn't say she looks athletic. Not at all. She doesn't need to have a huge rack but she needs to look like she's stepped into a gym before at some point at least.

Hyperbole or not, you said it. We proved to you that she did do some heavy gym workouts to prepare for the role. She obviously isn't a lifetime bodybuilder, though. She's an actress. They don't typically go for the "bodybuilder look" even for physically demanding female roles anyway. She has a thin frame, but she still looks fit and strong.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 11:39 AM
riv6672

^^^nicely put.
I woulda gone with 'do you even lift, bro?', which is unnecessarily antagonistic. I figured you'd be more diplomatic. big grin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 12:13 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Were the weights she lifted pieces of notebook paper with the word "weight" written on it?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 12:34 PM