KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Another thing that's also missing is the ongoing storm around the island, Preventing the people from getting off it.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 05:23 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment

Fun!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 05:44 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Looks a little trashy and cliched, but hopefully it'll still be fun.

She makes some good points here, with such a great actress in the lead she probably will make the action believable...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 09:24 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

I'm pretty sure that Lara Croft will bring huge income for holywood again.But involving trinity in "her legend begins"it's not a good idea,in my opinion.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 11:33 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

a good adaptation of the reboot game.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 11:07 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm pretty sure Lara cared about archaeology ever since childhood so going ahead to her late teen/adult years without caring seems uncharacteristic. Her personality in this movie seems as monotone as that dude's voice making her Angelina Jolie version look like she had more character development by comparison. But that's just judging from these clips.

Really, I just hope it's at least like that game, Rise of the Tomb Raider, where even though the story and characters bite, at least there's plenty of action to even it out and make it entertaining overall.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 12:35 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X

Really, I just hope it's at least like that game, Rise of the Tomb Raider, where even though the story and characters bite, at least there's plenty of action to even it out and make it entertaining overall.

Different strokes for different folks i guess, I enjoyed the game more then you going by your hate towards the Story and character's.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 12:49 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Never said I hate the game. Overall, it's a decent experience with the fun ways you can sneak about and fight enemies.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 12:54 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Never said I hate the game. Overall, it's a decent experience with the fun ways you can sneak about and fight enemies.

I never said you hated the game, Just your hate towards the Story and character's.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 12:58 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Kazenji
I never said you hated the game, Just your hate towards the Story and character's.

You must not be as exposed to what I consider cliche in which case I'm jealous. I've seen enough of the things that happen in Rise's story to be angry every time I guessed what will happen later and was right -_-

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 15th, 2018 at 01:08 AM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 01:04 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Or maybe i'm not so picky when it comes to liking certain things.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 01:14 AM
riv6672

^^^same.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 05:35 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I'm a fan of Walton Goggins (Justified) and Daniel Wu (Into the Badlands) so I'm looking forward to it. While Alicia Vikander hasn't really blown me away yet in anything she's never been less than competent so this might be her chance to shine.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 06:14 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^that's the spirit.

I doubt this'll be Goggins' best work, but, he always puts an entertaining flair into any role he plays.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 09:56 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^that's the spirit.

I doubt this'll be Goggins' best work, but, he always puts an entertaining flair into any role he plays.

He was great in Django Unchained. He was cast perfectly. lol

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 10:07 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

He killed that role. Excellent performance in a sea of damn good performances.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 10:16 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

So this was better than I expected. Some odd plot devices and PIS but generally decent. Vikander is excellent and the support are all good. Gets a bit annoying seeing Goggins doing the wide eyed stare in amazement at stuff behind the camera about a million times and there's some dramatic build ups that never really go anywhere but over all pretty solid. We'll crafted mythos to the Tomb history. Good visuals,. Takes a while to get going though.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 12:54 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah it wasn't bad. Hope they make a sequel.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 01:00 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I heard that they use a Mcguffin idea from the 1st Uncharted game and its done the exact same way as it was in the game in the way they get infected.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 03:03 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Kazenji
I heard that they use a Mcguffin idea from the 1st Uncharted game and its done the exact same way as it was in the game in the way they get infected.

I also heard you shouldn't spoil the supernatural surprise that's usually at the end of these things or do you mean the idea for the sequel?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 03:08 AM