KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I also heard you shouldn't spoil the supernatural surprise that's usually at the end of these things

I've also heard some folks need to stop being a prick

quote:
do you mean the idea for the sequel?

"Shrugs"...Don't even know if it has something to do with the sequel, All i know its the same sort of thing as the 1st Uncharted game's McGuffin.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 03:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Watched this today. Muy bueno!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 10:25 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah I liked Vikander in the role and overall I thought the plot was solid. Not a game changer at all but it was an enjoyable flick

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 11:30 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Bump..

Think this is coming to my cheap theater and am interested to get some more thoughts. Sounds like it might be worth a cheap night out?

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 10:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah. It was decent.

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 10:48 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well I saw this and really liked it. Thought it was solid with likable protagonists and and unlikable antagonists. Had a really fun action/adventure feel to it, very Indiana Jones with a hint of Da Vinci Code.

9/10 from me. Thought it was a lot of fun and I was engrossed start to finish.

Sorry to hear that Vikander probably won't be returning to the role from what I read. I hope they at least re-cast and do a sequel. It seems that studios don't seem to think things are worth pursuing unless it will get them Marvel comicbook movie numbers, like tripling or quadrupling (or more) the production budget. Maybe it they put Lara Croft in a silly costume and give her super powers?

Old Post May 6th, 2018 12:21 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Well I saw this and really liked it. Thought it was solid with likable protagonists and and unlikable antagonists. Had a really fun action/adventure feel to it, very Indiana Jones with a hint of Da Vinci Code.

9/10 from me. Thought it was a lot of fun and I was engrossed start to finish.

Sorry to hear that Vikander probably won't be returning to the role from what I read. I hope they at least re-cast and do a sequel. It seems that studios don't seem to think things are worth pursuing unless it will get them Marvel comicbook movie numbers, like tripling or quadrupling (or more) the production budget. Maybe it they put Lara Croft in a silly costume and give her super powers?

Studios need to learn from WB and Sony and realize that not every single character-driven franchise has to be a multiple-film cinematic universe. Everyone keeps learning the hard way by pumping out more and more films to flood the market.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 12:26 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, it seems that Marvel comicbook movies have raised expectations to unreasonable levels for other studios. So a nice little adventure gem like this isn't deemed successful enough despite making a decent profit.

Everyone wants a piece if this massive profit associated with comic films.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on May 6th, 2018 at 09:42 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2018 09:38 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

The movie bombed both commercially and critically. Trying to pin this on some kind of failed marketing strategy is silly. The movie failed because it was a garbage film that banked on an IP that has long since past its prime in the public consciousness.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 6th, 2018 09:42 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Tzeentch
The movie bombed both commercially and critically. Trying to pin this on some kind of failed marketing strategy is silly.

Wrong. It didn't bomb commercially. It made a profit...

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dcfilm0318.htm

I never said anything about the marketing.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 09:46 PM
CroftAlice

Wrong. It didn't bomb commercially. It made a profit...

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dcfilm0318.htm

I never said anything about the marketing.

At least they got the money back

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:21 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by CroftAlice
At least they got the money back

...and enough for a significant profit.

Which is why I'll be annoyed if they decide not to pursue the franchise further just because it's not bringing in Marvel movie numbers. They couldn't honestly expect that much interest in an old washed up video game character, like Tzeen pointed out.

So did you see the movie? What did you think?

Old Post May 8th, 2018 10:24 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

5/10 and that's being generous.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 10:38 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You know that the studio doesn't get all of the box office right? they get about 50% domestic and 30-40% international.

So they made around 30 million in profit. assuming things like marketing costs are included in the production budget.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 11:28 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

...and enough for a significant profit.

Which is why I'll be annoyed if they decide not to pursue the franchise further just because it's not bringing in Marvel movie numbers. They couldn't honestly expect that much interest in an old washed up video game character, like Tzeen pointed out.

So did you see the movie? What did you think?

Yes,i saw it..twice already.Bad idea to mix the two games,annoying was they made her "daddy's girl"

But,Alicia did a great job

Old Post May 9th, 2018 06:49 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

She tried her best, I just wish the script was better.

That instant zombie virus thing was lame af... sigh.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 03:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

That instant zombie virus thing was lame af... sigh.

Which they ripped off from the Uncharted 1.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 01:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote