KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Destiny 2

Destiny 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I didn't. I would have but couldn't be bothered to use a 3rd party app to find a group. I'm happy they're implementing a group finder for raids, though. I'll probably try a raid in Destiny 2.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Go for it, man.

Variety and complex/interesting mechanics is what you crave? Go Raid.

I'm actually excited a lot of people are going to experience them this time around.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:52 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Are they terribly long?

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Their lengths vary.

King's Fall(The Taken King Raid) is the longest and most mechanically heavy raid Destiny has to offer. It can take 2-3 hours with a competent team and a lot more with a newbie/crappy fireteam.

Crota's End (Dark Below DLC) is the shortest and simplest of raids and it can be cleared in less than hour if the fireteam knows what they are doing.

Its interesting because King's Fall was long and very complex due to complains about Crota's End being too short and simple.

Me and my clan used to two man Crota's End back in year 1(Raids being activity meant for 6 players) Granted my clan is very hardcore about the game.

Last edited by Zack Fair on May 18th, 2017 at 11:13 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2017 11:04 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I guess lol.

I'm curious...did anyone ever try a raid?

No. I only made it to the moon because I was ****ing bored.

But you have to admit that vanilla game had a huge amount of scripted events where the Dinklebot had to "hack" something and you had hold off waves of enemies.

It's just funny that the only gameplay that I watched (and I just skimmed) was the player holding off a wave of enemies while somebody is doing something.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 11:16 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

And do you have to do them all in one sitting? Can you save your progress and come back to it later?

Old Post May 18th, 2017 11:16 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by BackFire
And do you have to do them all in one sitting? Can you save your progress and come back to it later?

No you don't have to do them in one sitting. They got checkpoints before and after every big encounter/puzzle/platforming section

Old Post May 18th, 2017 11:19 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Smasandian
No. I only made it to the moon because I was ****ing bored.

But you have to admit that vanilla game had a huge amount of scripted events where the Dinklebot had to "hack" something and you had hold off waves of enemies.

It's just funny that the only gameplay that I watched (and I just skimmed) was the player holding off a wave of enemies while somebody is doing something.

Vanilla Destiny was horrible. I only played it because I enjoyed the polished gunplay and got hooked in the crucible/exotics grind.

I remember seeing the ending for the first time and going "Wait what...? That's it? LOL"

The one thing I wish they did was put a library of sorts where we can read all the game's Lore In-Game. The game has very awesome lore, but you have to go read it in an App or their website--which is ****ing dumb to me.

Last edited by Zack Fair on May 18th, 2017 at 11:26 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2017 11:22 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, all that was stupid.

Destiny was a death by small cuts kind of deal for me. Overall, the gunplay was fantastic, setting was interesting and it started off really well but everything else was annoying.

I could take a so-so story if the missions were unique. I could take seeing the lore on a website but the story was weak and never really explained anything.

Hell there was that part where a NPC basically said, "there is this amazing story to tell but not right now"....and I'm like, "I need something..."

Old Post May 18th, 2017 11:41 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The Stranger...****ing *****. "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain." F U.

Sad thing is the theories and clues behind her are really ****ing cool.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 11:49 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 11:55 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Zack Fair
The Stranger...****ing *****. "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain." F U.

Sad thing is the theories and clues behind her are really ****ing cool.

So another question, this time about the story and characters. Is the story in the expansions a continuation of what happened in the core game? or did one of the expansions act as a bit of a soft reboot for the narrative as a whole?

Old Post May 19th, 2017 12:14 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The Vex/core story is left alone. Stranger parts ways and we never hear from her. The first DLC focuses on the Hive with Crota's End. Then we get some insight on the Awoken and their queen/Fallen with the DLC House of Wolves. King's Fall went back to Hive and introduced the taken with oryx(Crota's nigh godlike father) and then we fall back to the Fallen in Rise of Iron.

Vex have been unused after the core "story"

Old Post May 19th, 2017 12:59 AM
BackFire

Man, I should refresh myself on the universe, I totally forgot everything and have no idea what any of the races are.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 01:01 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Meh.

Even if the first game wasn't a chore, they're terrible with patch's.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 01:11 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by BackFire
Man, I should refresh myself on the universe, I totally forgot everything and have no idea what any of the races are.

Fallen = Covenant
Hive = Flood
Cabal(the main enemy race in D2) = Brutes
Vex = Future Robos

Old Post May 19th, 2017 01:38 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by cdtm
Meh.

Even if the first game wasn't a chore, they're terrible with patch's.

This I agree with. They need to step up their patching game. They take too long.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 01:39 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Is it odd that I feel like Destiny 2 is a little too close/similar to Destiny 1?

I don't know...I get the fact that changing too much will make it not feel like Destiny and it will piss off the fanbase. Keep it the same and it feels like just an expansion. Kindda like CoD?

Can't please them all I guess?

All I know is I doubt I will be as invested into D2 as I was with D1. I feel like I will grow bored/tired of it very fast. I've been dancing this dance for over 3 years now.

Old Post May 21st, 2017 01:37 AM
BackFire

I'm a little surprised they didn't add a new class and a new race of enemies. Not a very big deal to me, but probably would have gone a long way in making it feel more like a sequel.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 01:47 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I just kind of...I honestly put a lot...and I mean A LOT of hours into Destiny. It became my hobby....and seeing so much similar stuff....little things like identical reload animations, grenades and other things....I just kindda am tired of it all lol.

Granted I know I will put heavy hours into it, but I doubt it will have the staying power it had on me back then.

That said I ain't hating or anything. I'm actually positive about the game.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 05:31 AM