KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Destiny 2

Destiny 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 02:01 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I'm a little surprised they didn't add a new class and a new race of enemies. Not a very big deal to me, but probably would have gone a long way in making it feel more like a sequel.
I do like the way they revamped the current classes to make them feel more unique. Especially with adding class abilities.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 24th, 2017 12:20 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I bought Taken King and have been playing that, along with the two prior "expansions"

The two prior expansions were pretty bad, but Taken King is a huge improvement as far as storytelling and missions design goes. If Destiny 2's campaign is on par with Taken King then the game should be pretty worth it for me.

Old Post May 24th, 2017 10:09 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Anyone getting this?

Hate not withstanding lol.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 09:08 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Nah. Part of me expects only the intro to wow and the rest of the game be like the first Destiny.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 11:14 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm waiting to see if Nemesis is right.

I have no faith in Bungie at this moment. The videos don't really make me excited at all. In fact, they showed a mission where you hold off enemies while somebody does a task. One of the reasons why I hated the first game because it seemed every mission was holding off a group of NPC's while your ghost hacked. It was lame.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 12:37 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I will most likely buy it, waiting on reviews, though.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 08:39 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Early reviews seem pretty positive. The storyline by all accounts is much better and there's a lot more to do.

Since I'm bored and want something to play over the next month or so I went ahead and bought it. Will start playing it tonight.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:46 PM
BackFire

Played for a couple hours last night.

Thus far it's a huge improvement. The set up and opening level is really good, and there is already more narrative punch than the entirety of the first game.

Graphics and environmental detail have also been noticeably improved over the first game.

So far this is looking like this will be a solid game.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 08:41 PM
Arachnid1

Thats good to hear. Not enough for me to trust and walk into this again, but a step in the right direction

PWNT

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 11:20 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

From everything I'm hearing so far, this sounds like the Destiny we should've gotten back in 2014. That would've been nice. In time, maybe I will come back to this if the positivity keeps up and Angry Joe doesn't burn it too badly in his review.

If I do decide to buy it, I'll wait for the inevitable rerelease with all the expansions packaged with the base game. You know it'll happen.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Sep 7th, 2017 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 02:41 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Shaders have now been reduced to consumables each you can only use once on your gear. And they're a microtransaction.

https://kotaku.com/destiny-2-player...nd-m-1801803456

It looks like Bungie and/or Activision really can't go without saying F YOU in some way.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Sep 7th, 2017 at 02:11 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 02:06 PM
BackFire

I really like the new adventures that they created for this game. Essentially little dungeon/side missions that reward a quick bit of loot. Also exploring the zones is more fun in general, feels like there's more going on in them.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 10:44 AM
Gehenna
Sorgo

Not getting it. No way.

I cannot fully judge/review, as I haven't played it, but the CC looks precisely the same, the three same classes (honestly?), the UI looks too similar, mechanically? There are probably tweaks but this comes off as something that happens in a massive tune-up of a PC MMO in some whatever-gigabyte patch/update.

If this is a sequel, so are giant updates.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:40 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 04:46 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Dont get what the hype is all about with this game. Seen tons of gameplay on Twitch, looks pretty boring and with outdated graphics. Even the gun animations look unpolished.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 05:06 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

After watching that review, I'm not really that surprised. While the story has improved a bit, there are still plenty of problems with Destiny clearly.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Sep 17th, 2017 at 06:02 AM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 05:49 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Played Destiny 2, got to Light level 297 a little over a week after game launched and got bored of it right away.

The new loot system sucks. It just means that Light level and getting the few exotics is the only thing to look forward to if you are an RPG player. It is too easy. The loot is all the same. Nothing makes you any different. Specs are all the same, items all have the same stats. As an RPG player, I hate this part of the game. They focused too much on making everyone the same for the sake of PVP and just messed up the RPG PVE elements.

Loved Destiny 1, hate D2.

Freaking spent $99 on the digital deluxe, too. For something that kept me interested a little over a week, and not once gave me a memorable moment (cept that one time in the Crucible) Lol. There's just nothing to be excited about in the loot. No random stats mean that it's simply a grind for light and exotics. If I didn't make decent money, I'd be pissed.

Last edited by Nibedicus on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 03:06 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:02 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote