KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Where do you rank Tenebrous?

Where do you rank Tenebrous?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

He's not above Revan, but probably above Malak.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 04:15 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
(which is factually > Kyp btw)

Kyp would utterly destroy Tenebrous, lal. And Jacen only beats Durron through superior swordsmanship - he'd lose a Force battle, tbh.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 04:18 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
In the trash compactor.

Dude was a all time failure with mediocre feats to boot. No amount of shit scaling can change what's shown in front of us.
In which DC reveals his bias and flagrant close mindedness. no

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 06:35 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

Even his most basic feats are quite impressive. Red sith lightning which was considered rare, as well as being a master of lightsaber combat. Designed his own starfighter and was a capable scientist.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 09:41 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by Beniboybling
In which DC reveals his bias and flagrant close mindedness. no

Stow it, Beni. stick out tongue

Originally posted by samappo
Even his most basic feats are quite impressive. Red sith lightning which was considered rare, as well as being a master of lightsaber combat.

Are you really posting this with a straight face? laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 11:16 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

Yes, I am?

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 11:21 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Yes, I am?

lmao, screenshot and saved. I never thought the stuff I use to troll Tenebrous supporters with, would actually be used as a legit argument. laughing out loud

1. The color of someone Sith Lightning is irrelevant. The visual representation of the attack has no barring on it's destructive efficacy. Unless there is a statement declaring otherwise.

2. What? Every Jedi Master/ Sith Lord is a master of at least one lightsaber form.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 09:00 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Did Kyp have red lightning? No? Noted.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Kyp has black lightning, tho.

Black > Red.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 09:18 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 09:41 PM
samappo

Um, a 'master' of lightsaber combat is implied to be a master of all seven forms. Nowhere is someone noted to be a 'master' of lightsaber combat and not have mastery of all seven forms.

Maybe this will make it a little clearer:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t641051.html

Jinn was a renowned swordsman but that doesn't make him a master of lightsaber combat. Yoda was because he mastered all seven forms.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 10:38 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Kyp has black lightning.

I don't think the text actually implies that. As I recall, the strip of text you're referring to describes it as "black cracks in the force," but that could characterize any force lightning. Kind of like how Sidious is a "black hole in the Force" but still not a literal black hole, yeah?

quote:
Black > Red

Uh, no, not unless you mean to imply Jaina is above the Son. All jokes aside, though, I'm pretty sure Tenebrous' lightning is blue in the actual text.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: And still superior to Kyp's.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 10:42 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

Tenebrous is by logic more powerful than any Banite Sith that came before him, which includes Zannah and Bane. He's the third last true Banite Sith, which makes him below Plagueis but still very strong.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 11:02 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Um, a 'master' of lightsaber combat is implied to be a master of all seven forms.

Except, that is literally something you just made up. Mastering, say, Form III, would still, by definition, make someone a master of lightsaber combat, even if they aren't a master of the others. Just saying someone is a master of all forms would be best as it avoids any trivial arguments over semantics and the like.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 12:43 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Inferior to Vader, Dooku, Revan etc.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 12:52 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

Give me one example where someone is referred to as a master of lightsaber combat and has not mastered all seven forms. And I will concede.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 01:07 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

-

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 01:16 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Give me one example where someone is referred to as a master of lightsaber combat and has not mastered all seven forms. And I will concede.

Let's see:

Anakin Skywalker.
Darth Vader.
Galen Marek.
Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Kit Fisto.
Saesee Tiin.
Agen Kolar.
Shaak Ti.
Qui-Gon Jinn.
Dooku.
Luke Skywalker.
Jacen Solo.
Jaina Solo.

Off the top of my head.

wink

Last edited by Jaggarath on Mar 30th, 2017 at 01:22 AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 01:18 AM
Rebel95

Probably Vader tier

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dooku is in this. Page 57
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Charact...d/dp/1465448853

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 01:22 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote