KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Wars Battlefront II (EA)

Star Wars Battlefront II (EA)
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji

So your okay with them using loot boxes to encourage use of different playstyles?

just add daily/weekly challenges for that stuff.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 08:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

I was planning to give all the different classes a good amount of playtime in the long run regardless, so doesn’t bother me that much, tho I admit there were better ways they could’ve encouraged players to use the other classes more. I know there’ll be a good amount of class specific challenges in the missions and stuff at least, like there was for the officer class in the beta.

My last reply was mainly in regards to them quelling the concerns about the pay2win shtick, hence my reaction.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 08:00 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Downloading now.... Taking so long

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:23 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It happened, guys. EA removed all microtransactions from Battlefront II after so much controversy (temporarily though).

https://kotaku.com/ea-temporarily-r...wars-1820528445

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:17 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Grand Moff

Yeah, it's a major victory. Hopefully they completely replace the progression system and microtransactions are for purely cosmetic items.

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:24 AM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Wouldn't be surprised if this is in response to Belgium and EA are just trying to save face.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:28 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It's only temporary and another article said that when they bring them back they will be tied to progression (AKA, not just cosmetic stuff). They're likely attempting a bait and switch, here. They want to save face for a month or two and get some gamers to say "oh ok I can buy this game now". Then after launch, and after christmas, when all these people bought the game under the guise of decent business practices, they will reintroduce the predatory practices and things will revert to how they were.

In short, if you have a problem with the practices EA was attempting with this game before this temporary removal, you should still not buy this game.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 09:30 PM
BackFire is online now! Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Grand Moff

That was my worry. I’m holding off from buying it until they provide a replacement for the current progression system.

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 09:36 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
It's only temporary and another article said that when they bring them back they will be tied to progression (AKA, not just cosmetic stuff). They're likely attempting a bait and switch, here. They want to save face for a month or two and get some gamers to say "oh ok I can buy this game now". Then after launch, and after christmas, when all these people bought the game under the guise of decent business practices, they will reintroduce the predatory practices and things will revert to how they were.

In short, if you have a problem with the practices EA was attempting with this game before this temporary removal, you should still not buy this game.

Agreed.

I read that Bob Iger at Disney actually called up EA and told them to cut the shit, which, if it's true, says a lot about how Disney treats negative publicity.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Yesterday 12:19 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Lost
M E G A

I definitely don't think they're stalling microtransactions just to wait and then implement a "faux" fixed system or not change anything at all. I know this position is certainly popular but it borderlines on conspiracy, for me. It's mostly what I see in the more run-of-the-mill criticisms of how this game is handling it's microtransaction system.

The reasonable question is perhaps whether or not they will make enormous changes to the progression or minor ones. This almost depends on what type of changes they make. The exploration into merely cosmetic microtransactions is not likely going to be what the overhaul is.

I think EA definitely made a myriad of mistakes when designing how this game's progression works and focused far too much on purchasable crates, etc.

However, this does not mean the changes they make in the coming weeks (and months) will necessarily be modest. A lot could really happen, considering a backlash of this size is foreign to EA, despite their reputation and backlashes they have previously encountered from the past. No one probably saw that hero prices would drop by 75% from what is, according to many, essentially the Nazi regime of video game companies. We will have to see.

Just a whisper...

Old Post Yesterday 12:44 PM
The Lost is currently offline Click here to Send The Lost a Private Message Find more posts by The Lost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Sure they could make good permanent changes. Best to wait and see before purchasing the game until you know for sure.

Old Post Today 03:18 AM
BackFire is online now! Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote