KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What makes Islam so special?

What makes Islam so special?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I agree with Sam Harris that the most timely solution is ideological reform, though it's mind****y due to the difficulty in reforming Islam due to the life of Muhammad and how he's supposed to be an exemplary human being, sketchier than Jesus, Buddha, or even Joseph Smith or L Ron Hubbard.

(Not sure what you mean by "exemplary" and "sketchier"), but because the religion is so strict about infidels and apostasy, the reform has to come from within the faith, from more moderate Muslims. It's up to the moderates to reform the faith.

They're obviously not going to listen to anti-religious people, or "atheists." Because what do we know with all of our rational reasoning... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 02:10 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
(Not sure what you mean by "exemplary" and "sketchier"), but because the religion is so strict about infidels and apostasy, the reform has to come from within the faith, from more moderate Muslims. It's up to the moderates to reform the faith.

They're obviously not going to listen to anti-religious people, or "atheists." Because what do we know with all of our rational reasoning... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well by exemplary I mean that the central figure of each religion is in a sense an example for the followers of that religion to take after, and by sketchier I mean in terms of the moral or immoral behavior of these central figures, since as Sam Harris put it, Muhammad was a warlord rather than a hippie who got crucified or a monk who sat under a tree. So if a warlord is the central figure of a religion then that religion is going to be a greater challenge to reform.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 02:42 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Muhammad was a great guy, he was really ahead of the competition. Mostly because he removed their heads, but still...results.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 02:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well by exemplary I mean that the central figure of each religion is in a sense an example for the followers of that religion to take after, and by sketchier I mean in terms of the moral or immoral behavior of these central figures, since as Sam Harris put it, Muhammad was a warlord rather than a hippie who got crucified or a monk who sat under a tree. So if a warlord is the central figure of a religion then that religion is going to be a greater challenge to reform.

Gotcha, yeah. thumb up

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 03:27 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Muhammad had a great respect for women, lmao!

Btw, 8 women in Iran just arrested for...murder!!

Nah, jk, they attended a soccer match.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 20th, 2017 at 10:22 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 10:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

In Islam, you can't put it in her butt.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 10:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
In Islam, you can't put it in her butt.

That's okay, if you do something wrong just kill some non-believers.

Plus I mean, that butt thing sucks. If they mutilate her vagina...where else you gonna put it? These people hate everything.

Btw: woman in California arrested for busting into a Mosque and leaving bacon.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 10:23 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

FunFact: Female genital mutilation (aka Female Circumcision) doesn't make the vagina unusable for sexual activity, it just makes the sex unpleasant for the woman.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 10:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

FunFact: Female genital mutilation (aka Female Circumcision) doesn't make the vagina unusable for sexual activity, it just makes the sex unpleasant for the woman.

That fact isn't fun, it's just horrifying.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 10:27 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Genital mutilation generally is horrifying, though FemaleGM isn't strictly an Islamic thing, it is widely practiced in some Islamic countries/cultures.

Then again, most boys born in the US get their foreskin removed and while that's physically less harmful than what's done to women in the more extreme cases (clitoral removal, labia removal and closing the extreme almost all the way), we're still loping off beneficial and healthy body parts without the person's consent.

If someone comes in here with the "but we remove wisdom teeth and appendixes", I swear to ****ing Odin I will go thermonuclear.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 10:41 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Plus I had my wisdom teeth removed and...I was sedated and stuff.

Something tells me they don't stick an IV in these women and pump in some pain killers or sedation before the mutilation begins.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2017 10:35 AM
HulkIsHulk

Why aren't guys like you around to put guys like Zakir Naik in their place, who claims Islam is the only correct religion and others are wrong?

youtube.com/user/Drzakirchannel

youtube.com/watch?v=0S_A9ERJWN0

www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&i...istian+vs+islam

www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&i...ik+non+bailable

www.google.co.in/search?ie=ISO-8859...amp;btnG=Search

www.quora.com/Why-is-it-that-no-rel...t-Dr-Zakir-Naik

You gotta give it to him though. He has one hell of a memory

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 01:41 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It says why has no scholar been able to "defeat" him , who has he gone up against? Sam Harris? Douglas Murray?

Plus of course having a good memory is a good thing, didn't Muhammad teach that? I think the passage is something along the lines of "When you're away from home and out Warlording, pass the time by remembering your child bride". They didn't have photos in those days so they really had to have a keen memory to remember every detail about their child brides.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 10:15 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 10:10 PM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Surtur
It says why has no scholar been able to "defeat" him , who has he gone up against? Sam Harris? Douglas Murray?

Plus of course having a good memory is a good thing, didn't Muhammad teach that? I think the passage is something along the lines of "When you're away from home and out Warlording, pass the time by remembering your child bride". They didn't have photos in those days so they really had to have a keen memory to remember every detail about their child brides.

Yeah but this fker knows every goddamned inch of Quran, Bible, Vedas, you name it. He most definitely has photographic memory. And those guys challenging him rummaging through the Bible was hilarious.

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:08 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Yeah but this SOU knows every goddamned inch of Quran, Bible, Vedas, you name it. He most definitely has photographic memory. And those guys challenging him rummaging through the Bible was hilarious.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:11 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Why aren't guys like you around to put guys like Zakir Naik in their place, who claims Islam is the only correct religion and others are wrong?

youtube.com/user/Drzakirchannel

youtube.com/watch?v=0S_A9ERJWN0

www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&i...istian+vs+islam

www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&i...ik+non+bailable

www.google.co.in/search?ie=ISO-8859...amp;btnG=Search

www.quora.com/Why-is-it-that-no-rel...t-Dr-Zakir-Naik

You gotta give it to him though. He has one hell of a memory

Considering religion is faith based (unless he can scientifically prove god and then prove that god gave us Islam as the final teaching?), that's like his opinion, man.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 04:43 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 06:59 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: What makes Islam so special?

I seriously do not get this, this need to defend this religion..to make excuses for it, more than we have any other religion. What is it about this that makes that happen? Why is it people look at Islamaphobia as separate from a phobia of any other religion? Is there something I am missing out on? Am I not privy to some sort of mystical revelation others are privy to?

What is it that makes people do irrational things like bringing up the Crusades and stuff..in reference to what is going on currently? Why? Is there some kind of mass hypnosis? Is it magic?

What have we, as a species, been given by this specific religion, that makes us treat it this way? What is there to gain?

Surely there is some kind of secret I am just missing? Some revelation that will make all this make even a tiny bit of sense? I am not trying to be cruel, I legitimately want to know. Bestow on me some piece of knowledge..some bit of wisdom..that makes it legitimate to separate this religion from the others.

Blatantly obvious answer: Muslim's generally vote Democrat. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 07:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Considering religion is faith based (unless he can scientifically prove god and then prove that god gave us Islam as the final teaching?), that's like his opinion, man.

Science doesn't proves or disproves existence of God. It is a method for us to understand the environment we are a part of.

Old Post May 15th, 2017 06:09 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yes, what I said. Science can't prove god, therefore the belief of god is based on faith and therefore an opinion.

Old Post May 15th, 2017 06:28 PM