KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Dooku, Darth Maul, and General Grievous

Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Dooku, Darth Maul, and General Grievous
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samappo

Kenobi's force push disarmed Grievous entirely.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 03:30 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

film >> novel as far as canon goes

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 04:15 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Nothing in the film contradicts the quotes I posted from the novel...

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 04:23 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samappo
Kenobi's force push disarmed Grievous entirely.

Not the point. It didn't do any noticeable physical damage to him.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 04:24 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

no but it disarmed him just the same, had kenobi been able to hold onto his saber and use it in their final tussle it'd have been over a lot sooner and easier for Obi

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 07:20 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

You think any Force push Kenobi manages to land on Grievous would immediately disarm Grievous?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 04:31 PM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Think he can focus on disarming Grievous without getting gutted by Maul?

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Doubtful. Maul should still be capable of telekinetically dominating him by this point tbh. Or, at the very least, distract him long enough for Grievous to retrieve his blades if he was disarmed.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 04:35 PM
Darth Thor

Yeah Maul and Grievous together stomp Kenobi hard.

And Dooku and Maul together beat Ani pretty hard. 3 on 1 with Grievous would be a total stomp.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 05:22 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

However if they fight in character, Dooku will fight Skywalker, and Maul will fight Kenobi.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 05:27 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
You think any Force push Kenobi manages to land on Grievous would immediately disarm Grievous?

if it smacks him against a ceiling or a wall like in ROTS yes

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 12:40 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

The question isn't if kenobi can take care of grevious via force use(given the degree tcw kenobi has ragdolled the crap out of grevious), its whether he would get the oppurtunity given grevious being far faster. And if kenobi is dealing with grevious, well we've already seen what maul can do to kenobi(albeit a prior incarnation) with his guard down or when he's distracted on florrum

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by relentless1
if it smacks him against a ceiling or a wall like in ROTS yes

Do you think he'll manage that whilst simultaneously combating someone like Maul or Dooku? Because I don't think he'd allow himself to be caught in a saber lock if that's the case given the vulnerable position that would leave him in against a secondary opponent.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 03:20 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
The question isn't if kenobi can take care of grevious via force use(given the degree tcw kenobi has ragdolled the crap out of grevious), its whether he would get the oppurtunity given grevious being far faster. And if kenobi is dealing with grevious, well we've already seen what maul can do to kenobi(albeit a prior incarnation) with his guard down or when he's distracted on florrum

Yep.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 03:21 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Do you think he'll manage that whilst simultaneously combating someone like Maul or Dooku? Because I don't think he'd allow himself to be caught in a saber lock if that's the case given the vulnerable position that would leave him in against a secondary opponent.

Kenobi wasnt in a saber lock when he did that to grievous

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 06:17 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Also, Kenobi is more than capable of holding his own against 4 sabers or two Sith opponents as he has shown in ROTS and TCW; based on his showings against Maul/Savage alone I say he can hold Maul and the General off long enough for Anakin to dice Dooku up and even the odds.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 06:23 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Grievous just needs to distract Obi-Wan and hold his focus whilst Maul ragdolls him out of the fight.

The outcome of the fight pretty much depends on whether this is Jedi Anakin or Sith Anakin.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 06:28 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Kenobi wasnt in a saber lock when he did that to grievous

My apologies, I was thinking of another instance in regards to Grievous being vulnerable to telekinetic counters. My main point here is, do you think Kenobi would be able to gather the power to accomplish such a feat whilst dealing with a secondary combatant without leaving himself open to counters from another Force user? This is especially relevant as both Maul and Dooku have shown the power to telekinetically dominate a prepared Kenobi in the past let alone one focusing his power on another task.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 06:36 AM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 06:29 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Also, Kenobi is more than capable of holding his own against 4 sabers or two Sith opponents as he has shown in ROTS and TCW; based on his showings against Maul/Savage alone I say he can hold Maul and the General off long enough for Anakin to dice Dooku up and even the odds.

Savage is nowhere near as formidable a lightsaber combatant as Grievous is and as Shadow Conspiracy notes the environment was in his favor and the factors leading up to Kenobi's fight with the brother's amped him. Maul himself also logically improved in regards to skill and as an overall lightsaber combatant given he was readjusting after decades of atrophy and was confirmed to have grown in power throughout the Clone Wars. In an open space Kenobi would be dominated by SoD Maul and Grievous.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 06:35 AM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 06:31 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Savage is nowhere near as formidable a lightsaber combatant as Grievous is and as Shadow Conspiracy notes the environment was in his favore and the factors leading up to Kenobi's fight with the Brother's amped him. Maul himself also improved in regards to skill given he was readjusting to lightsaber combat after decades of atrophy. In an open space Kenobi would be dominated by SoD Maul and Grievous.

This has been debunked so many times.

First off the factors given in sod were clearly retconned in the actual tcw fight where the brothers took seperate sides of kenobi and never got in each othe's way.

Second off, sod said nothing about kenobi being amped. That head canon came from people taking feloni's word out of context when in the same interview he denied the amplification being external. We also have multiple examples of kenobi focusing himslef at will, and his own statement he can do this.

The only circumstances favoring kenobi was him having two blades and possibly the duo being hindered by having to take seperate sides.

Kenobi had to use a secondary style which has been stated to be inferior to his use of soresu which would be a factor against him.

While it is indeed asinine to assert that kenobi can simultaneously deal with grevious(someone who is more skilled than both maul and oppress and has outdueled post season 5 kenobi)= and maul, its equally baseless to claim kenobi was amped or his performance here was circumstantial

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 06:41 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote