KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Batgirl Standalone Film

Batgirl Standalone Film
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
There was an Iron Man cartoon in the 90s, as well as animated movies with him prior to the live action stuff.

The "Ultimate Avengers" movies were pretty good. So he was kinda there, but not as popular as he would later become.

I doubt the majority of the GA watched all those things, Only the comic book reader's.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 08:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah he was pretty much an unknown to most people. As was Marvel's version of Thor.

Cap was fairly well known for being the leader of all the heroes, but audiences weren't really sure about is power set or origin story.

Hulk was the only really famous one.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 10:58 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Meh, even with Joss Whedon involved I'm still pretty meh. Don't care.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 12:16 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Robtard
Iron Man was not a brand new character nor concept before 2008. Are you feeling okay?

It was, as far as movies went. Iron Man had no live action appearances before it and very few animated ones. People doubted Marvel Studios was going to succeed, what with all the X-Men characters and Spider Man contracted to other studios. The rest is cinematic history.

It's a surprise and it's not a surprise, this announcement. I wondered when Whedon was going to jump back into this kind of project; I was holding out hope Marvel Studios would bring him in for Captain Marvel in 2019.

And it continues DC & Warners longtime trend of bringing in talent that's had great success with a Marvel project to do theirs, because they can't figure out how to do it themselves. stick out tongue Both directors and actors. We'll see if this gets further than development before the usual director's carousal gets going (Who's directing The Flash again?...)

Also, I would prefer if this was Batwoman/Kathy Kane. That would be someone more distinct than someone who's a Bruce Wayne groupie.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 11:12 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by roughrider
It was, as far as movies went. Iron Man had no live action appearances before it and very few animated ones. People doubted Marvel Studios was going to succeed, what with all the X-Men characters and Spider Man contracted to other studios. The rest is cinematic history.

It's a surprise and it's not a surprise, this announcement. I wondered when Whedon was going to jump back into this kind of project; I was holding out hope Marvel Studios would bring him in for Captain Marvel in 2019.

And it continues DC & Warners longtime trend of bringing in talent that's had great success with a Marvel project to do theirs, because they can't figure out how to do it themselves. stick out tongue Both directors and actors. We'll see if this gets further than development before the usual director's carousal gets going (Who's directing The Flash again?...)

Also, I would prefer if this was Batwoman/Kathy Kane. That would be someone more distinct than someone who's a Bruce Wayne groupie.

Uhh, they are following Gail Simone's New52 origin/stories. laughing out loud

It's not like Whedon is starting from scratch. DC has a multitude worth of stories they can adapt on the big screen.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 12:09 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Zack M

It's not like Whedon is starting from scratch. DC has a multitude worth of stories they can adapt on the big screen.

Hey, they had decades of history to draw on when he was signed for Wonder Woman all those years ago, but he was put off by their lack of enthusiasm for his ideas.

If DC & Warners could succeed as well with their movies as they do with their press releases, we would have had 2-3 times the number of DCEU movies out by now.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 12:39 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by roughrider
Hey, they had decades of history to draw on when he was signed for Wonder Woman all those years ago, but he was put off by their lack of enthusiasm for his ideas.

If DC & Warners could succeed as well with their movies as they do with their press releases, we would have had 2-3 times the number of DCEU movies out by now.

I'm not sure what his ideas was, but from WW fans themselves, they weren't very good. sad

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 03:42 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Great.
So we are going to get a movie about a small girl beating up very large men and it will be more Soap Opera then Superhero Movie.

Yep...Can't wait....

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 06:33 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I'm not sure what his ideas was, but from WW fans themselves, they weren't very good. sad

Yet they've had full confidence in Zack Snyder's vision instead erm

Anyway that's Marvel's gain and DC's loss for not having faith in Whedon. Now they want him after his massive Marvel contributions.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 10:37 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

And we have the three garbage films for the dcu as of now. Doomsday was a total shit character and already done.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 12:54 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
no movie for Matter Eater Lad.

I like the character. At least we got to see a bit of him in the Legion cartoon.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 03:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

So it won't be Cassandra Cain as Batgirl? Well that sucks.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 08:37 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yet they've had full confidence in Zack Snyder's vision instead erm

Anyway that's Marvel's gain and DC's loss for not having faith in Whedon. Now they want him after his massive Marvel contributions.

Some things aren't meant to be made. Even George Miller stated that his Justice League movie shouldn't be made.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 09:04 PM
Darth Thor

Some things aren't meant to be made. Even George Miller stated that his Justice League movie shouldn't be made.

Yeah well a lot of people say the same about BvS. My own opinion of it has decreased over time.

But you're right. Marvel's Avengers was meant to happen first.

Been Rewatching CA1 and Thor1 tonight. Say what you will about the TDK trilogy, but you have to admire just how amazing Marvel built up its Connected Universe so naturally and organically, and then just completely knocked it out of the park with the first Avengers.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 09:09 PM
Senor Cage

Most of those movies were below average, imo. They didn't age well.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 10:20 PM
Darth Thor

Most of those movies were below average, imo. They didn't age well.

Disagree.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 10:43 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, he's in the minority there. Don't think like Avengers has aged the best either, but to say they're below average is crazy.

So is this an April fools thing, or not? Not entertaining a Batgirl film till I know for sure. No Cassandra Cain is disappointing either way though.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 11:01 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Agree to disagree, but a crap load of their work has been mediocre. I've spoken to a lot of people who are burnt out on MCU movies, because they're so formulaic. This is even addressed in the Honest trailers, for crying out loud.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 11:02 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I would be looking forward to this but I'm not very confident in the DCEU. Joss directing is a very good move, though, so I definitely won't count it out.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 11:02 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

lol at some marvel movies being mediocre whe the whole dceu is full of shit ass horrible films and will prollly never be good at all

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 11:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote