KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Batgirl Standalone Film

Batgirl Standalone Film
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

MOS was awesome. Don't hate.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 12:01 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
Agree to disagree, but a crap load of their work has been mediocre. I've spoken to a lot of people who are burnt out on MCU movies, because they're so formulaic. This is even addressed in the Honest trailers, for crying out loud.

I think there's a bit of superhero fatigue amongst the GI, and I think Thor was massively more popular prior to TDW and AOU. People forget that him and Loki were two of the biggest highlights of Marvel Phase I, right under IM.
Hopefully Ragnorak and Infinity War will fix that.

Still audiences look forward to them, especially MCU films, so the trust is still there with Marvel at least.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 12:09 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I think there's a bit of superhero fatigue amongst the GI, and I think Thor was massively more popular prior to TDW and AOU. People forget that him and Loki were two of the biggest highlights of Marvel Phase I, right under IM.
Hopefully Ragnorak and Infinity War will fix that.

Still audiences look forward to them, especially MCU films, so the trust is still there with Marvel at least.

We'll see if Wonder Woman drops off, but the GA did like the DCEU so far. Or it wouldn't be trending on social media like it has for the past week or so.

I predict WW will do above 100 M OW, which is a slam dunk for someone like her. Close to 300 M domestic.

IF WW is good, JL will do more than BVS, which I predicted not too long ago. To me that doesn't say DCEU is doomed. People obviously enjoy them. That or the trailers are damn good. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 12:32 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh god

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 12:53 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

It would kind of be interesting now if the next Batman movie becomes a Batfamily movie. Nightwing, Batgirl and Batman family reunion?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 12:55 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Don't forget Damian Wayne. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 01:21 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

We'll see if Wonder Woman drops off, but the GA did like the DCEU so far. Or it wouldn't be trending on social media like it has for the past week or so.

I predict WW will do above 100 M OW, which is a slam dunk for someone like her. Close to 300 M domestic.

IF WW is good, JL will do more than BVS, which I predicted not too long ago. To me that doesn't say DCEU is doomed. People obviously enjoy them. That or the trailers are damn good. stick out tongue

Yeah, but they are not being enjoyed at the same level of success as the Marvel films. And the critical hate they get must sting the filmmakers and studio, because Marvel & Disney get both love and respect, from critics and audiences.

Curious to know what's really motivating Joss to do this. He was so public about being burned out after AOU, how he wanted to get back to doing his own projects...

Is this a subtle shot at Marvel Studios, Disney and Kevin Feige?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 02:00 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It Had a very mixed response. There's been no Universally loved film in the DCEU so far. But who knows, maybe WW will change that.

I don't buy the general audience loves them when they have such poor box office multipliers. Plus we know there's tons of fan hate towards them.

Of course if Wonder Woman is good it'll help JL. That's what I was saying from Day 1, that the more organic build upthey do, then the better off they'll be when it comes to JL.

Still a terrible idea to have Snyder direct JL. Let's hope this is by far his best DCEU to date. All we can do at this stage is hope.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 02:30 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

MOS was awesome.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 03:26 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It Had a very mixed response. There's been no Universally loved film in the DCEU so far. But who knows, maybe WW will change that.

I don't buy the general audience loves them when they have such poor box office multipliers. Plus we know there's tons of fan hate towards them.

Of course if Wonder Woman is good it'll help JL. That's what I was saying from Day 1, that the more organic build upthey do, then the better off they'll be when it comes to JL.

Still a terrible idea to have Snyder direct JL. Let's hope this is by far his best DCEU to date. All we can do at this stage is hope.

Mixed, but the GA liked it, and the home rental sales showed. Hell, it did better than TDKR and most MCU movies in AMC's tournament.

I didn't say "love', did I? stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 04:17 AM
Darth Thor

Mixed, but the GA liked it, and the home rental sales showed. Hell, it did better than TDKR and most MCU movies in AMC's tournament.

Oh right. Well like I said "mixed response." Because I know people who loved it, but I also know people who hated it. The GA isn't 1 person with 1 opinion Lol

But certainly the best received of the 3 DCEU movies so far. Problem is BvS might have reduced some of the goodwill MOS had amongst the half audience who liked/loved it.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 10:36 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Who gives a crap about AMC's tournament? How is that any reflection on it's quality at all? That's a desperate reach.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 05:20 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by roughrider
Yeah, but they are not being enjoyed at the same level of success as the Marvel films. And the critical hate they get must sting the filmmakers and studio, because Marvel & Disney get both love and respect, from critics and audiences.

Curious to know what's really motivating Joss to do this. He was so public about being burned out after AOU, how he wanted to get back to doing his own projects...

Is this a subtle shot at Marvel Studios, Disney and Kevin Feige?

I remember him stating that he loves dc and wouldn't mind doing a movie if the time is right.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 06:55 PM
Senor Cage

Who gives a crap about AMC's tournament? How is that any reflection on it's quality at all? That's a desperate reach.

Quality is all subjective. That tournament only reflects one example. Another being that MOS sold extremely well in home videos. More so than Iron Man 3 that year. I don't know why you guys have a hard time accepting that a lot of people liked it. Justice league will do big numbers too.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 06:57 PM
Darth Thor

Quality is all subjective. That tournament only reflects one example. Another being that MOS sold extremely well in home videos. More so than Iron Man 3 that year. I don't know why you guys have a hard time accepting that a lot of people liked it. Justice league will do big numbers too.

^ Well tbf that doesn't say much given IM3 is the worst MCU film to date.

But yeah a lot of people did like MOS, but it's defenders seem to have decreased post BvS.

Yes JL will do big numbers regardless of the quality. That's part of the problem. WB are just doing these movies to cash in on the shared Universe thing.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 08:51 PM
Senor Cage

^ Well tbf that doesn't say much given IM3 is the worst MCU film to date.

But yeah a lot of people did like MOS, but it's defenders seem to have decreased post BvS.

Yes JL will do big numbers regardless of the quality. That's part of the problem. WB are just doing these movies to cash in on the shared Universe thing.

That's assuming the quality is bad and that everyone thinks that way, which won't be the case. Ever since Geoff Johns took part in the DCEU, the good will seems to be there.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 09:31 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

It's just your subtle insinuation that MOS and these other DCEU films are actually more popular than the MCU films. What revenue facts do you have that DVD & Blu-ray rentals & sales for MOS were bigger than IM3 back in 2013? And does that tip any kind of balance?

MOS grossed $660 million worldwide, and critical & fan reaction was very mixed and polarized. While IM3 grossed $1.2 billion worldwide, and Mandarin controversy aside, did fairly well critically on the Tomatometer.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 10:12 PM
Senor Cage

It's just your subtle insinuation that MOS and these other DCEU films are actually more popular than the MCU films. What revenue facts do you have that DVD & Blu-ray rentals & sales for MOS were bigger than IM3 back in 2013? And does that tip any kind of balance?

MOS grossed $660 million worldwide, and critical & fan reaction was very mixed and polarized. While IM3 grossed $1.2 billion worldwide, and Mandarin controversy aside, did fairly well critically on the Tomatometer.

The numbers have been posted many times throughout other threads, brah.

I never said MOS is more popular than some of the MCU films, just that it did EXTREMELY well on home video sales.

BTW, the last two DCEU films is a precursor to what JL and WW might make. DC has a huge fan base, and so far the box office shows. At least for opening weekend.

Suicide Squad's legs, for instance, was actually better than Civil Wars.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 10:15 PM
Darth Thor

That's assuming the quality is bad and that everyone thinks that way, which won't be the case. Ever since Geoff Johns took part in the DCEU, the good will seems to be there.

Hope you're right.

But keeping Snyder on and rushing into JL isn't a good sign IMO.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 10:19 PM
Senor Cage

I forgot to add that whether you like BVS or not, the consensus is that the Ultimate edition is a MUCH better movie. The word of mouth was solid, seeing that it remained in the #1 slot for FOUR consecutive weeks. Not bad at all.

http://variety.com/2016/digital/new...ers-1201840573/

quote:
Warner’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” remained at No. 1 on NPD VideoScan’s overall disc sales chart for the fourth consecutive week, with “Batman: The Killing Joke,” from Warner Bros. Animation, the 26th film in the DC Universe Animated Original Movies series, remaining at No. 2 for the second week.

Suicide Squad did extremely well, too.

http://batman-news.com/2016/12/23/s...y-sales-charts/

quote:
The critics may not have liked Suicide Squad, but the fans just can’t get enough of it!

That claim is backed up with the fact that Suicide Squad debuted at the #1 spot on the NPD VideoScan First Alert sales chart, which tracks combined DVD and Blu-ray Disc unit sales, according to Variety. It also topped VideoScan’s dedicated Blu-ray sales chart for the week.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 10:25 PM