KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Batgirl Standalone Film

Batgirl Standalone Film
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jane21august

It's nice to have some DC movies with solo characters.A film like suicide squad and wonder woman are amazing rather than other DC movies.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 07:51 AM
jane21august is currently offline Click here to Send jane21august a Private Message Find more posts by jane21august Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Something to do with a Male director tackling female superhero in the wake of Wonder Woman in today's entertainment environment.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 08:00 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Given what's come out about his personal life, in this climate? The fact that they let him say it was "we don't have a script" rather than saying "we were worried he'd **** his actors" was a favour, imo. And taking in to account how bad his WW script was reported to be too.

I'm not surprised, but I do wonder what's going to happen next. Barbara Gordon is by no means my favourite character, but I do want to see what they can do with her.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 09:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm not surprised, but I do wonder what's going to happen next. Barbara Gordon is by no means my favourite character, but I do want to see what they can do with her.

I wouldn't mind seeing Katheryn Bigelow's take on her.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 09:48 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

And taking in to account how bad his WW script was reported to be too.

I mean thats just rumours. But We know how good he is with female characters from all his work.

In any case, if that was true, then why bring him on in the first place.

Way too much flip flopping by WB Imho.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 10:48 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If he's to be believed, then whatever his pitch was, wasn't enough to carry an entire movie. It's not the first time it's happened, I imagine, so I don't know if I would put all the blame on WB for this one.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 11:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I read that leaked WW script and it really was offensively bad. It was horrifically sexist and it actually seemed like Whedon outright hated the character of Wonder Woman. Steve Trevor spends the whole movie just berating her and humiliating her and shes constantly sexualised and degraded. Its terrible.

I'm honestly a bit unsure of Whedon after the script leaking and AoU and JL being so crap. His star has definitely fallen recently.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 01:01 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ A bit unfair to blame JL on him.

Not that JL was THAT Bad.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 01:17 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

with no nightwing film in sight and now no batgirl film,, wb just continues to show they have no idea what the hell to do ..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 06:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Well they are Hollywood Execs.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 06:49 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Joss has always seemed like the guy who acted like a feminist in order to surround himself with hot women. IMO, she and the amazons appear much more like sex objects in JL than WW.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 07:50 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Ouch. I hope we dont start hearing allegations against him now as well.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 08:28 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

What did they do in JL to be considered sex objects?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 08:29 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I mean lets not forget Snyder is the credited director of JL, not Whedon.

Whedon basically edited it. And the film was rumoured to be unwatchable before he came in.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 08:33 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

JL would’ve been shit regardless who directed it

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 08:57 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

And taking in to account how bad his WW script was reported to be too.
I've read the WW script and it's interesting and beautifully written. People were going overboard with out-of-context criticisms unfortunately.

See for yourself if you'd like

https://indiegroundfilms.files.word...joss-whedon.pdf

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 09:17 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah its a bit silly writing Whedon off for a film he never even ended up making.

Execution is still a Huge part of the movie making process.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 09:24 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah its a bit silly writing Whedon off for a film he never even ended up making.

Execution is still a Huge part of the movie making process.
Agreed. And it also seems some internet folks are making him a scapegoat for JL’s failure without knowing anything about his contributions or the state of the movie before his arrival.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 09:38 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Well, they casted this film. They shot it. They planned to release it this year - last I heard, it was for HBO Max.

And now - WB & Discovery have killed it. It will not be seen everywhere. Not even streaming!

They are coming up with many reasons why, but apparently bad audience tests were the big reason.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/why-warne...-001737098.html

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 02:41 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by roughrider
Well, they casted this film. They shot it. They planned to release it this year - last I heard, it was for HBO Max.

And now - WB & Discovery have killed it. It will not be seen everywhere. Not even streaming!

They are coming up with many reasons why, but apparently bad audience tests were the big reason.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/why-warne...-001737098.html

^^^When I think back on how many bad superhero movies have been made (the X-franchise, 90% of the DCEU, FF movies, Morbius, Eternals…), I gotta wonder just how bad must this have been to never see the light of day.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 10:16 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote