KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spiderman VS Wolverine in a headbutt fest

Spiderman VS Wolverine in a headbutt fest
Started by: Dareangel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 12 13 [14]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ize19

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dareangel
it does not. my point still stands as it is. the claw is stuck inside hulk regerdless of how much of it exactly.

i am not talking about the previous page. i am talking about the second page from the first panel and so on. whi only from the second page? because we are counting after the first punch to see its effects.

i am sorry there are no motion lines in the second panel. those are blood lines as in blood comming out of him slashes.

third panel as i pointed out already, we see wolverine with his eyes closed getting punched to the side, thise basically makes his body twist and his claws are out. notice wolverine doesnt even slash hulk he is just with his arms to the side, this means he is already beaten and not he is twisting with the punches like a rag doll.

fourth panel again same thing. wolverine is punches, look at his head leaned back with 0 expression. he is out. you believe that when he is out with his head leaning back he can still fight? its just his body twisting with the punches as well as his claws slashing hulk here and there with again, the movement of the body.

fifth and sixth panel wolverine is endeed out like he was before. nothing new here its only a close up on him.

stuck in 2 panels, other times they are free because of the body twisting with the punches.

And why do they give us a close up, if he's been unconscious from the second punch? All right, I've described the scene, you've described the scene, the scans have been posted, anyone reading this debate can see whose description actually matches reality, so I'm done discussing it. Unless you have some other argument you want to make, I'm out

Old Post Apr 28th, 2017 05:14 PM
Ize19 is currently offline Click here to Send Ize19 a Private Message Find more posts by Ize19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Even the most hardcore Wolverine haters were willing to admit he was conscious when slashing at the Hulk.

Only Starscream questioned it - aka masterbruce - and even he got silent after getting a single reply proving he was wrong.

Just stop, Dare. Mods already know you're socking and trolling, but nothing bad will happen as long as you don't push it.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2017 05:21 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
And? Making a spite thread makes you proud?

Haven't revisited this thread until today and so didn't see this till now.

I don't know why I seem to be confused with other people so much, but, for the record, I did not make that Sebastian Shaw thread.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 01:21 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Ize19

Right, in UXM 127. Your first scan was UXM 97. It took place four years before that second set of scans.

Another blindside. Still inapplicable.

I think your argument about the role of surprise is a good one, so I've largely left it alone. However, if we're using that as one of our metrics, it needs to be applied evenly. Hard to get more blindsided than in the "Phoenix Gun" example offered before, for instance ...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 4th, 2017 01:42 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Except Spiderman has a Spidey Sense.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 01:45 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Except Spiderman has a Spidey Sense.

I've got to give you credit; that would ordinarily be a good point.

However, Wolverine strikes at nearly exactly the same moment that Spider-Man mimes pulling the trigger of that Phoenix Gun. Firing that weapon is a death sentence; both heroes know it (Wolverine is, in fact, intervening to save Peter's life), and Spider-Man would have little reason to think his Spider-Sense was tingling due to Wolverine given the specific circumstances of that story.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 01:58 PM
bluewaterrider

I remember an episode where Cyclops knocked out Wolverine with a single shot to the head. He used his eye beams that time. Pretty sure that was Dark Phoenix saga. While I'm searching for that, I'll provide a bonus match Cyke had with Wolvie. Useful, if nothing else, at proving human-level strength and reaction times and skill are sufficient to surprise and take and keep Wolvie off balance ...

(When I presented this before, I missed what is now the 2nd to last scan.
So here's the skirmish once more, complete ...)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 4th, 2017 06:00 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Wolverine was messed up there, you know that. Same shit happened in the alternate continuity - TAS. Nice, HQ scans, though. At least that you could do that right.

Sorry for that Shaw thread, for some reason thought you made it. Anyway, you shouldn't have brought it up here.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 06:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ize19

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I think your argument about the role of surprise is a good one, so I've largely left it alone. However, if we're using that as one of our metrics, it needs to be applied evenly. Hard to get more blindsided than in the "Phoenix Gun" example offered before, for instance ...

Agreed, same thing applies to that scan. Wolverine doesn't need that scan to win though, and you do need some scans of Spider-man using brute force alone to knock out Wolverine, so we're not in the same position.

I remember an episode where Cyclops knocked out Wolverine with a single shot to the head. He used his eye beams that time. Pretty sure that was Dark Phoenix saga. While I'm searching for that, I'll provide a bonus match Cyke had with Wolvie. Useful, if nothing else, at proving human-level strength and reaction times and skill are sufficient to surprise and take and keep Wolvie off balance ...

From the Ashes, actually, when the X-Men were fooled by Mastermind into thinking that Cyclops was actually Dark Phoenix resurrected. Of course, Cyke used the Danger Room to make himself invisible to Wolverine's senses, and hit him from a blind spot, and Cyke's blasts are considerably more powerful than Spider-Man's fists...

Stilt already pointed this out, as have I, but all this proves is that a Wolverine who's shook to the core of his being can be kept off balance by an extremely skilled ally who knows him and his capabilities better than anyone. Which would be an argument for Spider-Man, possibly, if Wolverine were in such a state, and if this was a fight that allowed Spider-Man to use such moves.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 06:12 PM
Ize19 is currently offline Click here to Send Ize19 a Private Message Find more posts by Ize19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Ize19

you do need some scans of Spider-man using brute force alone to knock out Wolverine, so we're not in the same position.

No, what I need is something of Spider-Man level force or less knocking Wolverine out. Half the match ups in this forum couldn't take place if direct Subject A versus Subject B encounters were the only admissible evidence.

I consider Daredevil to be an instant of that already, but here's another case I don't remember posting yet:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 4th, 2017 07:46 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

And Wolverine still got up and kept fighting DP after all that and more, no prob thumb up

Post Spider-Man headbutting the Hulk or a Hercules-lv opponent, then we'll talk.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 07:51 PM
bluewaterrider

And Wolverine still got up and kept fighting DP after all that and more, no prob thumb up

You don't take very much time to look at things. If you did, you'd have noticed Wolverine was rendered unconscious by his head striking the ground and "came to" after some indeterminate length of time of being dragged down the street.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 4th, 2017 08:00 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Stop spamming or I'll report you.

I took enough time. You want to use Wayverine, then I can use Spiderman getting knocked out by mere street thugs. It works both ways, blue.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 08:02 PM
bluewaterrider

Stop spamming or I'll report you.

I took enough time. You want to use Wayverine, then I can use Spiderman getting knocked out by mere street thugs. It works both ways, blue.

With the amount of member bashing you've been engaging in throughout this thread I rather hope you do get the attention of the mods. Exactly how is that showing "spamming" in your mind? Logan was knocked out, Stilt. Plain and simple. By force completely within Spider-Man's power range. Now if you think you've got some valid reservation state it. Unless Wolvie's missing either healing factor or adamantium there, though, you don't have anything to object to.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 08:12 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

With the amount of member bashing you've been engaging in throughout this thread I rather hope you do get the attention of the mods.

Go on and report me, then. Just remember that everyone is familiar with you and your "posting style" here.

Exactly how is that showing "spamming" in your mind? Logan was knocked out, Stilt. Plain and simple. By force completely within Spider-Man's power range. Now if you think you've got some valid reservation state it. Unless Wolvie's missing either healing factor or adamantium there, though, you don't have anything to object to.

Just as Parker was knocked out by street thugs and less. DarkSaint made a nice compilation. Keep going.

How about any actual headbutt feats? I'm waiting.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 08:16 PM
Ize19

You don't take very much time to look at things. If you did, you'd have noticed Wolverine was rendered unconscious by his head striking the ground and "came to" after some indeterminate length of time of being dragged down the street.

From the beginning of that same issue:

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

A grand piano is dropped on his head from what looks to be about five stories up, and all Deadpool has time to do is turn his head, say a few words, and Wolverine's not only up, he's already headed for Wade. Tell me, which do you think hit harder, the pavement, or the piano?

Does Wolverine have legit low showings? A few. Does Spider-man? Absolutely. Does Spider-man have some legit high showings (durability wise)? Yes. Does Wolverine have more? Absolutely. Looking at their history, their powerset, and their personal encounters, anyone who sees Spider-man winning this contest is completely closing their eyes with regards to who he's fighting.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 08:55 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Through the entire "Deep End" arc, Wolverine took tons of punishment and actually wanted to lose to Deadpool. It was all a ploy to lure Daken out.

Blue would've known this... if he had bothered to read it.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 09:07 PM