KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Orion (grounded) vs Wolverine/Sabertooth/Spiderman

Orion (grounded) vs Wolverine/Sabertooth/Spiderman
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ize19
I'm not sure what it is about bricks and speedsters that makes so many comic book fans so emotional. The very idea that somebody who's weaker/slower than their opponent could actually have the toolset to achieve victory stirs up this rage...

Toolset to win is one thing. Actually beating a top tier is another.

This is not Namor or Thing we are talking about. You're in big leagues now.

And who said I'm angry?
quote:

Then while Orion is still trying to hit Spider-man, Sabretooth claws Wolverine out, and they use hit and run tactics to chip away at him until he slows down enough for one of them to put the finisher through his brain.

You are assuming Orion is slower than Spidey or he hits Wolverine some 50 feet in the ground?

laughing out loud

Orion is faster than all three put together. Not even Lightray who can move eight times faster than Light can evade Orion.

http://imgur.com/a/OUF7W

Like I said, you're not talking about Thor anymore.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 05:09 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by abhilegend

Orion is faster than all three put together. Not even Lightray who can move eight times faster than Light can evade Orion.

Where in that scene was this shown

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 05:21 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ize19

Toolset to win is one thing. Actually beating a top tier is another.

This is not Namor or Thing we are talking about. You're in big leagues now.

And who said I'm angry?

You are assuming Orion is slower than Spidey or he hits Wolverine some 50 feet in the ground?

laughing out loud

Like I said, you're not talking about Thor anymore.

I didn't see him moving anywhere near light speed when Orion attacked him. Just cause he can achieve that speed during flight isn't proof that he's that fast in combat, and certainly not that he's harder to hit than Spider-man.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 05:25 AM
Ize19 is currently offline Click here to Send Ize19 a Private Message Find more posts by Ize19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Orion also displayed super speed in Simonsons run. All three get one-shotted.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 05:26 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ize19

Originally posted by Zack M
Orion also displayed super speed in Simonsons run. All three get one-shotted.

Not super speed! Anything but that! Why, this contextless, baseless statement has completely sapped my will to fight! Naw, I still say he gets his brains clawed out.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 05:33 AM
Ize19 is currently offline Click here to Send Ize19 a Private Message Find more posts by Ize19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Simonson stated that his fight with Darkseid is similar to DBZ fights, in that they were using super speed. Orion wins.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 05:35 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ize19

Originally posted by Zack M
Simonson stated that his fight with Darkseid is similar to DBZ fights, in that they were using super speed. Orion wins.

So I went to his respect thread to see if I could actually look at this fight, but they were posted with imageshack. Do you have scans?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 05:44 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Where in that scene was this shown

Shown what?
I didn't see him moving anywhere near light speed when Orion attacked him. Just cause he can achieve that speed during flight isn't proof that he's that fast in combat, and certainly not that he's harder to hit than Spider-man.

Seriously? What's next Flash isn't harder to hit than Spider-Man?

Here, he blitzes an entire star fleet.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...litzesfleet.jpg

Another blitz on foot.

http://imgur.com/a/O8WG7

Superspeed again.

http://i.imgur.com/oKFV0eb.jpg

Here is a whole issue of fight against Darkseid where they both fought a MA fight in Superspeed.

http://imgur.com/a/Bq3yg

Are you telling me he can't catch Spider-Man?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 05:45 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ize19

Shown what?
Seriously? What's next Flash isn't harder to hit than Spider-Man?

Here, he blitzes an entire star fleet.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...litzesfleet.jpg

Another blitz on foot.

http://imgur.com/a/O8WG7

Superspeed again.

http://i.imgur.com/oKFV0eb.jpg

Here is a whole issue of fight against Darkseid where they both fought a MA fight in Superspeed.

http://imgur.com/a/Bq3yg

Are you telling me he can't catch Spider-Man?

All of those feats were performed with the harness, with the exception of him outspeeding the little girl. Are you saying his speed is equal without the harness? If it is, I concede the speed argument.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 05:50 AM
Senor Cage

Don't forget the Mr. Miracle instance. Orion was trying to catch Scott (Without the harness), but failed to do so. Scott has a specialty at getting away, so...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 05:53 AM
cdtm

Only the first scan had the harness.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 06:00 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ize19

Originally posted by cdtm
Only the first scan had the harness.

I'm not an expert on his character. That chestplate isn't the harness? Then I stand corrected.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 06:03 AM
cdtm

Yeah, that's just armor. Harness is always golden.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 06:07 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Nope. Not the harness.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 06:07 AM
Ize19

Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, that's just armor. Harness is always golden.

Cool. I was fooled because in the original scans of "grounded" Orion, he didn't have the harness or the armor. My bad. If he's capable of fighting at light speed, then yeah, he blitzes the team and knocks them out before they can do anything. Still doesn't "one-shot" them, but doesn't struggle either.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 06:10 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Cool. I was fooled because in the original scans of "grounded" Orion, he didn't have the harness or the armor. My bad. If he's capable of fighting at light speed, then yeah, he blitzes the team and knocks them out before they can do anything. Still doesn't "one-shot" them, but doesn't struggle either.

He had some armor that he normally didn't have for that fight, no indication it did more than provide protection. The fight with Darkseid was agreed to be just hand-to-hand(and was until Darkseid broke the rules at the end). One of Darkseid's few speed feats was moving so fast Pre-DOS Superman didn't even see him move.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 07:43 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ize19

Originally posted by Delta1938
He had some armor that he normally didn't have for that fight, no indication it did more than provide protection. The fight with Darkseid was agreed to be just hand-to-hand(and was until Darkseid broke the rules at the end). One of Darkseid's few speed feats was moving so fast Pre-DOS Superman didn't even see him move.

Wasn't that the same armor no had in the scene where he blitzes Delta Patrol? Whenever I see him pictured, that seems to be his standard uniform?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 08:16 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Wasn't that the same armor no had in the scene where he blitzes Delta Patrol? Whenever I see him pictured, that seems to be his standard uniform?

In the Delta Patrol one. I also checked, he was actually in a coma when he did that. So, he basically blitzed them while sleep walking.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 08:51 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ize19

Originally posted by Delta1938
In the Delta Patrol one. I also checked, he was actually in a coma when he did that. So, he basically blitzed them while sleep walking.

confused You didn't respond to my question...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 09:27 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

confused You didn't respond to my question...

"In the Delta Patrol one" was meant as that's the armor.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 09:34 AM