KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Orion (grounded) vs Wolverine/Sabertooth/Spiderman

Orion (grounded) vs Wolverine/Sabertooth/Spiderman
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ize19

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Delta1938
"In the Delta Patrol one" was meant as that's the armor.

Ok, but my question was really, isn't that standard armor? Or did he just keep it for a little while, cause I usually see him pictured with it on.

Looking at the scans of his fight against Darkseid again, it does look like he's flying. Does that mean he's using the Astro force, simply sans harness? Cause if so, going by these stips, he's stripped of that too, right?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 09:46 AM
Ize19 is currently offline Click here to Send Ize19 a Private Message Find more posts by Ize19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by Ize19
Ok, but my question was really, isn't that standard armor? Or did he just keep it for a little while, cause I usually see him pictured with it on.

Looking at the scans of his fight against Darkseid again, it does look like he's flying. Does that mean he's using the Astro force, simply sans harness? Cause if so, going by these stips, he's stripped of that too, right?

It was something he had from the issue before until a while later.

He wasn't flying, he was jumping. The lines that probably make you think flight were to indicate that they were moving at super speed. Orion was jumping. He didn't have the Astro-Harness for the majority of the series. Those same lines were used in other places, where he had no armor(and was dressed like a street bum), as well, if you're trying to argue the armor is the harness.

EDIT: Here's Orion later on when he couldn't use the Astro-Harness using other equipment to fly, while wearing that armor.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Delta1938 on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 10:15 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 10:01 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Here was the Mr. Miracle incident I was talking about :

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 10:04 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by abhilegend
Shown what?

That he outreacted LR

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 10:14 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ize19

It was something he had from the issue before until a while later.

He wasn't flying, he was jumping. The lines that probably make you think flight were to indicate that they were moving at super speed. Orion was jumping. He didn't have the Astro-Harness for the majority of the series. Those same lines were used in other places, where he had no armor(and was dressed like a street bum), as well, if you're trying to argue the armor is the harness.

EDIT: Here's Orion later on when he couldn't use the Astro-Harness using other equipment to fly, while wearing that armor.

No, different argument. Supposedly the Astro force is something he can access without the harness, it just makes it easier to control. And jumping doesn't account for all of it, especially when there's not just lines, but aura, or when he's traveling in a straight line, no arc, feet off the ground. Doesn't "grounding" him remove these speed feats from his record?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 10:27 AM
Ize19 is currently offline Click here to Send Ize19 a Private Message Find more posts by Ize19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

No, different argument. Supposedly the Astro force is something he can access without the harness, it just makes it easier to control. And jumping doesn't account for all of it, especially when there's not just lines, but aura, or when he's traveling in a straight line, no arc, feet off the ground. Doesn't "grounding" him remove these speed feats from his record?

I don't know of any instances of him trying to fly the way you're arguing. In fact, if he could fly like you're arguing, why did the same writer have him use non-standard equipment to fly when he didn't have the Astro-Harness? More than once in the storyline. He also was incapable of accessing the Astro-Force in the delta patrol example, and there's a few other times of him using speed when he couldn't access the Astro-Force.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 11:22 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by abhilegend
Shown what?
Seriously? What's next Flash isn't harder to hit than Spider-Man?

Here, he blitzes an entire star fleet.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...litzesfleet.jpg

Another blitz on foot.

http://imgur.com/a/O8WG7

Superspeed again.

http://i.imgur.com/oKFV0eb.jpg

Here is a whole issue of fight against Darkseid where they both fought a MA fight in Superspeed.

http://imgur.com/a/Bq3yg

Are you telling me he can't catch Spider-Man?

Wolverine have similar showings than this. Spider-Man have better speed fts than this.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 11:55 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

They've blitzed entire star fleets?

Scans.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 01:21 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I'm not sure what it is about bricks and speedsters that makes so many comic book fans so emotional. The very idea that somebody who's weaker/slower than their opponent could actually have the toolset to achieve victory stirs up this rage...

Then while Orion is still trying to hit Spider-man, Sabretooth claws Wolverine out, and they use hit and run tactics to chip away at him until he slows down enough for one of them to put the finisher through his brain.

Slower?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 01:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Nice bullet catch. Spiderman was dodging attacks that was coming at him at light speed. He also see bullets in slow motion. As if they are standing still when shot.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 01:26 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by cdtm
Slower?

Considering that guns DON'T explode when firing bullets, shows that Orion's bullet was thrown at speeds vastly superior to a normal handgun bullet's.

9mm pistols can withstand a pressure of 38,500PSI without exploding.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 01:28 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Nice bullet catch. Spiderman was dodging attacks that was coming at him at light speed. He also see bullets in slow motion. As if they are standing still when shot.

Lol.

Way to miss the forest for the trees.

The point is that Orion can move so quickly, when he throws a bullet its faster than a normal 9mm bullet, which moves at 1700mph.

Scans of Spiderman and Wolverine blitzing star fleets, please.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 01:32 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 01:30 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
They've blitzed entire star fleets?

Scans.
wasn't Orion using the harness when he blitzed the star fleet? Does that even count with the stipulations of this thread?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 02:09 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by deathslash
wasn't Orion using the harness when he blitzed the star fleet? Does that even count with the stipulations of this thread?

Not the point, lol.

Carver doesn't read posts, and just throws up verbal diarrhea.

*Someone takes time to find, and posts scans*

*Carver ignores it, and engages his oral Gatling gun of poop*

He literally just skimmed that post, and said Wolverine/Spidey have showings comparable (if not better) than Orion blitzing star fleets in space.

So if he claims that, fair enough. I don't know every comic out there. Maybe there IS a showing from both guys that are comparable/better.

So show me.

Moreover, he's the OP. So he made a thread, but when people come in and actually engage, he ignores it.

Originally posted by carver9
I'm shocked that people are actually participating in a thread like this. Hilarious.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 02:20 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 02:11 PM
Ize19

I don't know of any instances of him trying to fly the way you're arguing. In fact, if he could fly like you're arguing, why did the same writer have him use non-standard equipment to fly when he didn't have the Astro-Harness? More than once in the storyline. He also was incapable of accessing the Astro-Force in the delta patrol example, and there's a few other times of him using speed when he couldn't access the Astro-Force.

Where did it say he was incapable of accessing the Astro-force in the Delta Patrol scan? I didn't see that stated anywhere. Anyway, if he couldn't access it against Darkseid, explain these scenes:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by cdtm
Slower?

You misread me. I wasn't saying Orion was slower than them, I was saying that here on KMC, people think that being stronger or faster is an automatic victory, even when a character has other skills to compensate.

In this instance, while Orion without flight may be (I say may because his non Astro-force feats, including the Delta Patrol one, have not been out of the teams league so far) faster than any of these characters, right now it doesn't seem that he's so fast he can handle all three of them without problems.

And the impressive speed feat there is the bullet catch, Spider-man has an equivalent bullet reaction feat where he didn't know about the bullet until it had nearly hit him.

Considering that guns DON'T explode when firing bullets, shows that Orion's bullet was thrown at speeds vastly superior to a normal handgun bullet's.

9mm pistols can withstand a pressure of 38,500PSI without exploding.

Yes, it's a very impressive strength feat. Don't see how throwing a bullet really hard and fast is the same as achieving those speeds yourself though.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 06:43 PM
DarkSaint85

Yes, it's a very impressive strength feat. Don't see how throwing a bullet really hard and fast is the same as achieving those speeds yourself though.

Try throwing something really hard, with all your strength.

But slowly.

The bullet that Orion threw has no engine. Therefore, it was at its FASTEST when it left his hand. Then slowed down due to air resistance.

And even after leaving his hand, and travelling a short distance, it still had enough kinetic energy to blow a gun up.

Ergo, his hands were travelling at insane speeds.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 07:06 PM
Ize19

Try throwing something really hard, with all your strength.

But slowly.

The bullet that Orion threw has no engine. Therefore, it was at its FASTEST when it left his hand. Then slowed down due to air resistance.

And even after leaving his hand, and travelling a short distance, it still had enough kinetic energy to blow a gun up.

Ergo, his hands were travelling at insane speeds.

So Nolan Ryan is capable of punching someone at 100 mph? I don't think so.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 07:11 PM
DarkSaint85

So Nolan Ryan is capable of punching someone at 100 mph? I don't think so.

http://www.topendsports.com/sport/baseball/physics.htm

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...p/t-670027.html

Nolan's hands (or at least, his fingers) are indeed moving at 100mph. If he made a fist, and made the same motion as he does when pitching, it would be a ~100mph punch.

Edit: I edited my post to add some caveats. But the principle remains the same. At the moment of release, a part of this Nolan's body is moving at 100mph.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 07:16 PM
Ize19

http://www.topendsports.com/sport/baseball/physics.htm

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...p/t-670027.html

Nolan's hands (or at least, his fingers) are indeed moving at 100mph. If he made a fist, and made the same motion as he does when pitching, it would be a 100mph punch.

Nope, read your sources. They say the fingers have to reach such speed, but the hands are moving slower, the arm even slower, and the torso slowest. So, great speed feat for Orions fingers, thanks!

Edit: Saw your edit. It's the same principle, but applied to a much smaller scale. Unless he's extending his fingers and using them like whips, I fail to see how this is proof of him attacking with supersonic speed.

Last edited by Ize19 on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 07:20 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 07:18 PM
DarkSaint85

Nope, read your sources. They say the fingers have to reach such speed, but the hands are moving slower, the arm even slower, and the torso slowest. So, great speed feat for Orions fingers, thanks!

So let's head back to our numbers.

Bullets from 9mm guns travel at 1700mph.

They do not make guns explode.

So let's say the bullet thrown by Orion was travelling at 2000mph.

His fingers are travelling at 2000mph.

His hands are less than this. His arms, less still.

But, how much less? Is Nolan's hand that much slower than his fingers? I would hazard no.

So Orion's punches are now travelling at what, 1900mph? 1800? Still pretty damn fast.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 07:22 PM