KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Last Jedi Panel

The Last Jedi Panel
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Just look at the recent Thor teaser which I thought was incredible.
A standard Hollywood trailer with a catchy song a few gags and all the major plot points is not incredible lol.

I enjoy how the SW trailers having being deviating from the norm in focusing on theme and imagery as opposed just telling you what the film's about tbh.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 04:15 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Certainly better than this. confused

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 04:16 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Beniboybling
A standard Hollywood trailer with a catchy song a few gags and all the major plot points is not incredible lol.

I enjoy how the SW trailers having being deviating from the norm in focusing on theme and imagery as opposed just telling you what the film's about tbh.

thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

The Thor trailer was pretty run-of-the-mill yeah

I love the vibe from TLJ trailer

Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by ares834
Certainly better than this. confused
I'm just confused as to what you thought was incredible about it. It was average, if not bad if you don't like your movies spoiled before seeing them. I mean if we are talking about good taste here you picked a poor example. erm

Last edited by Beniboybling on Apr 14th, 2017 at 04:21 PM

Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Beniboybling
I'm just confused as to what you thought was incredible about it. erm

It was fun, upbeat, and made me want to see the film.

This trailer's ending was the only thing that really caught my attention. Otherwise, there was nothing that really piqued my interest. It certainly doesn't help that much of it seems derivative of ESB. Oh look, Rebel Resistance land speeders are going to fight some Imperial Walkers.

By no means was it a bad trailer, there just wasn't anything that really got me anymore excited to see the film.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 04:22 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Sounds like you lack taste, and just gobble up whatever shit Marvel tries to force on you. sad

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 04:37 PM
ares834

I've actually not been a fan of most of the recent Marvel films. So no, you're completely wrong there.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 04:38 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I guess you just have bad taste then. sad

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 04:44 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

They are picking apart the trailer now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgxO6mQI9k0a

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 04:55 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

It's going to be shit.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Most major trailers these days give away the entire plot (Batman v Superman) or pretty much stuff all the best bits in, much to the actual movies detriment. BvS was significantly weakened for me because I knew literally the entire plot before stepping into the theater. And that film didn't need more things going against it. I actually aggressively avoid most trailers now because they just ruin the movie.

So I actually appreciate the recent Star Wars trailers being fairly vague and brief. It's Star Wars, they don't need to convince people to see the movie. With TFA and RO I walked in hyped yet basically ignorant of anything about the movie itself. The perfect experience.

Besides, it was only a teaser anyway.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

thumb up

It served its purpose without trying too hard.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 09:29 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Interesting trailer with some nice parallels to ESB, but it looks like it'll be more different to that than TFA was to ANH.

Also, is this a destroyed saber hilt (Kylo Ren's, perhaps)? https://youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ?t=54

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 11:09 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I assumed that was Vader's mask.

EDIT: Now I look at it, I think it's Kylo's...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 11:12 PM
ares834

It's definitely Kylo's.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 11:15 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Can't wait to see the film also glad they went without releasing so much of the story in the teaser.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 11:18 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

So we can probably expect Rey to beat him again, or, hopefully, Luke manhandling him.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 11:18 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I doubt Rey will beat Kylo again.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

It depends on how much he's grown imo. But yeah Rey seems to be more inherently powerful in the force than Him. I'm curious to see how much Luke has grown as well

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 11:20 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote