KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Hamill to Johnson: "I fundamentally disagree with virtually everything..."

Hamill to Johnson: "I fundamentally disagree with virtually everything..."
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

If DE was the only comic, sure (although the Chosen One prophecy is still destroyed). Then they made Dark Empire II and Empire's End, which ruined it.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
If DE was the only comic, sure (although the Chosen One prophecy is still destroyed). Then they made Dark Empire II and Empire's End, which ruined it.

EE was crap, I admit, but I didn't mind DE II. Still better than the ST, though thumb up

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Azronger
Palpatine in DE redeemed his embarassing death in the OT. DE >>>>>>> ST

Because how cool sids looks dying should supersede the significance of anakin's redemption.

Not that its remotely the same as what the st did given that
a. DE was made before the prequel trilogy

b. De didn't destroy luke's order or the new republic

And anyway the eu leadership had changed from that era long before disney came into power.

So ant's just deflecting here

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 10:15 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Anakin's redemption was never about killing Sheev but rather saving Luke. And it predates the PT so one can't fault it for undermining the Chosen One prophecy. The bigger problem with DE is Luke turning to the dark side.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 10:20 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ares834
Anakin's redemption was never about killing Sheev but rather saving Luke.

Interesting take.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 10:23 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Anakin's redemption was never about killing Sheev but rather saving Luke. And it predates the PT so one can't fault it for undermining the Chosen One prophecy. The bigger problem with DE is Luke turning to the dark side.

1. Thats's a pretty great interpretation actually
2. Yup
3. Well Luke does come back. And thats still not close to what tfa did(and tfa does not predate the ot, pt, or the saga)

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I'm with ares in that I'm Kinda afraid what they're going to do with Luke. Which I never thought would be an issue prior to this teaser.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Once again, I find it amusing the biggest critics of Star Wars films are Star Wars fans.

That actually makes sense. It's the same with comic book films.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 15th, 2017 at 10:41 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Uh, yeah I am. That's absolute shit and goes completely against what the character was in the OT. I'm hoping that he intends to create a better order of Jedi or something (and not this gray bullshit) but we'll see.
How? Luke tried to create a new Jedi Order and it failed, and this changed his perspective. It's not as if the character is not allowed to have growth. erm

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 11:05 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Yeah this movie's going to be shit. I honestly don't give a shit about the ST anymore. Just hoping for some good spinoff movies in the Clone Wars and Empire era.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 11:14 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Wow people are really triggered.

What's sad is that unlike TFA it's in a position to break the mold. Yet folks whine anyway. erm

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 11:18 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Really not triggered. I was the first person to call TFA what it was "garbage." This movie seems like it'll be garbage to.

I'll be very happy if it's NOT garbage. But why hold expectations that will probably disappoint you?

Nah. As long as they make a few books with Thrawn level quality I'm happy.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 11:28 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Uhuh, only a mad bro would decide the movie is shit having only seen a teaser.

The butthurt flowing through you being guaranteed to ruin your viewing experience and you nitpick for flaws to justify your anger. Pitiable. sad

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 11:34 PM
UCanShootMyNova

*Shrug* Can't help how I feel.

And I feel this movie will be more garbage PC/OT fanboy pandering.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 11:39 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Beniboybling
How? Luke tried to create a new Jedi Order and it failed, and this changed his perspective. It's not as if the character is not allowed to have growth. erm

Characters can certainly grow. The problem is when it's all off screen and you turn the hero into a mopey depressive failure.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 11:42 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

The directors aren't in a position to cover 30 years of Luke's growth, as they weren't for Han & Leia. Nor is it necessary to understand the character's motivations. But it would fundamentally make no sense for them to be in the same place now as they where three decades ago.

And the hero as it turns out, doesn't always win, and can indeed experience a crisis of faith. That's called realism. thumb up

Last edited by Beniboybling on Apr 15th, 2017 at 11:47 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 11:45 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Beniboybling
The directors aren't in a position to cover 30 years of Luke's growth, as they weren't for Han & Leia. Nor is it necessary to understand the character's motivations. But it would fundamentally make no sense for them to be in the same place now as they where three decades ago.

And yet the premise of tfa makes it so that the characters were in the exact same place they were 30 years ago

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 11:47 PM
ares834

That's fine. But then they shouldn't undermine the characters like they seem to be doing with Luke or completely undo all character growth as they did with Han.

Also these are movies not the real world. Having the hero utterly fail is completely unfulfilling and it hurts the previous films.

Last edited by ares834 on Apr 15th, 2017 at 11:51 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 11:49 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
And yet the premise of tfa makes it so that the characters were in the exact same place they were 30 years ago

Nailed it. thumb up

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 11:51 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

In what respect. laughing out loud

If your referring to OT style setting that's just changing the goal posts kek.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2017 12:02 AM
ares834

Agreeing with someone is changing the goal posts now. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 16th, 2017 12:04 AM