KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Death Battle: Goku vs Thor

Death Battle: Goku vs Thor
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Damborgson
Because he's got plenty of speedsters he's tagged as well, him having trouble with Wolverine doesn't mean anything in particular, like how Superman having trouble with shadowdragon doesn't mean anything in particular.

Comic Book speedsters have relatively shitty combat speeds.

They have fast charges, sure, but this doesn't translate into a combat speed.

You are paraphrasing and jumping to conclusions.

If Thor doesn't have feats showing that he can tag beings as fast as Goku in a hand-to-hand situation then he will never touch him.

quote:
Thor could literally go to the end of the solar system and kill Goku on his way back along with the planet before Goku could process it if you want to bring feats up again.

You are poorly trying to sell a travel speed feat as a combat speed feat...

Usain Bolt can run faster than Myke Tyson but when it comes to trading blows Usain has hardly a chance to even land a blow on Myke.

Same logic here.

It doesn't matter how fast Thor has travelled from A to B.

Thor doesn't have the feats to tag Goku in an hand-to-hand situation and even less endure Goku's attacks.

This is a stomp.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 08:59 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Damborgson
Because he's got plenty of speedsters he's tagged as well, him having trouble with Wolverine doesn't mean anything in particular, like how Superman having trouble with shadowdragon doesn't mean anything in particular.

Thor could literally go to the end of the solar system and kill Goku on his way back along with the planet before Goku could process it if you want to bring feats up again.

Ok, this is crazy. Hulk has tagged Surfer, Gladiator, Hyperion and Quicksilver but I would never in my right mind say he could touch Goku if they fought. SMH

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 09:56 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
Ok, this is crazy. Hulk has tagged Surfer, Gladiator, Hyperion and Quicksilver but I would never in my right mind say he could touch Goku if they fought. SMH

It seems that people don't understand that, in comics, powerhouses fight at human speeds like everyone.

Speedsters runs a lot in combat to hit & run or simply charge.

High combat speed, aka defending and throwing attacks at high speed seems to be a trope coming from mangas.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 10:14 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

No, because you like Dragon Ball. But you wouldn't hesitate to say he can tag Superman - still pretty bad.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 10:38 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Placidity
No, because you like Dragon Ball. But you wouldn't hesitate to say he can tag Superman - still pretty bad.

No, I wouldn't because when people like Kalibak, Mongul, Grundy, the General, Despero, etc... consistently tag Superman, a hell of an argument can be made. Do you get it?

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 11:09 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

No, I wouldn't because when people like Kalibak, Mongul, Grundy, the General, Despero, etc... consistently tag Superman, a hell of an argument can be made. Do you get it?

Yep, all of those are people Superman regularly fights... no PIS at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

* Most of those are not Superman's main enemies
* I doubt Superman ever needs to go close to 100% to beat any of them.
* Offset those with his high end feats, and you get to his standard level, which is too fast for Hulk.

But we digress.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 12:03 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Thor absorbs the energy blasts and Goku even at blue is incredibly weak physically compared to his energy output. I wish more people actually watched super and not just wanted it. Vegeta couldn't lift 1000 tons on screen.

Thor splatters him after thinking that Goku is stronger than he actually is.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 09:11 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Placidity
Yep, all of those are people Superman regularly fights... no PIS at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

* Most of those are not Superman's main enemies
* I doubt Superman ever needs to go close to 100% to beat any of them.
* Offset those with his high end feats, and you get to his standard level, which is too fast for Hulk.

But we digress.

No, they are not PIS and some of the people I've named are Superman villains. How about this...post those Superman villains and then post them combating at super speed.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 12:38 AM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Still waiting on the excuse for why SSB Vegeta couldn't lift Magetta? He weighs "over 1000 tons."

Old Post May 6th, 2017 09:40 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Wasn't SSB.

Old Post May 6th, 2017 10:03 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Still waiting on the excuse for why SSB Vegeta couldn't lift Magetta? He weighs "over 1000 tons."

Not Super Saiyan Blue at all and how about you try lifting me up if I don't want you lifting me up and let's see how that roles.

Old Post May 6th, 2017 10:10 PM
cdtm

Wouldn't be a problem for Superman. He could lift a million million tons with his pinky nail.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 6th, 2017 10:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by cdtm
Wouldn't be a problem for Superman. He could lift a million million tons with his pinky nail.

So Wolverine can pick Superman up and throw him if Superman didn't want him to do it? Superman isn't lifting Starbreaker up and throwing him if SB didn't want him to do it. Hell, he couldn't budge him with his punches...

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...09910-starb.jpg

And Breaker weighs less than 500 pounds.

Old Post May 6th, 2017 10:33 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Magetta can't fly to the best of my knowledge, how was he exerting downward pressure?

Old Post May 6th, 2017 10:49 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Magetta can't fly to the best of my knowledge, how was he exerting downward pressure?

Lololololol...he doesn't need to know how to fly to exert downward pressure. I have seen people lift 500 pounds, human's but I feel confident they wouldn't pick Kalibak up and toss him. Common sense.

Old Post May 6th, 2017 10:55 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Carver is making some sense here.

"Bracing" does happen a lot in fiction. You happen to weigh 200 pounds and your opponent can lift 10 tons? Okay, just brace for the hit.

Whether or not it makes any sense is ignored, even when Class 100+ characters meet.

Old Post May 6th, 2017 11:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

So Wolverine can pick Superman up and throw him if Superman didn't want him to do it?
No, because Superman propel his body with his mind.

Old Post May 6th, 2017 11:59 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Not Super Saiyan Blue at all and how about you try lifting me up if I don't want you lifting me up and let's see how that roles.
I'd lift your fat ass up regardless of whether or not you'd want me to tbh.

Old Post May 7th, 2017 12:00 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

... I can't tell if Carver is trolling or if he really believes the things he says..

Vegeta straight up tried to squat him and failed... No amount of wishing not to be lifted does that. The trope of the strong man taking a punch to the face isn't the same as you can produce forward momentum without flying, outside of your own weight you can't create downward pressure. I can't believe I just had to explain this.

Old Post May 8th, 2017 04:27 AM
cdtm

Thinking this over, Thor really is the perfect character to take down Goku.

With Mjolnir, he can absorb near unlimited amounts of energy.

And he should he more then capable of nullifying Goku's ki energy, the same way he cut off Cain Marco the Juggernaut. Or better yet, the same way Yakkon did to Goku.

Ezcept, Goku could never overload Mjolnir, as in the worst case it can simply shunt energy to another dimension. Goku would never even get the chance to "power up".

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 10:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote