KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Aquaman vs Hal - Offensive output

Aquaman vs Hal - Offensive output
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I only now just noticed that the Krona buster looks like its mimicking Aquaman's spear in shape.

Estactic may have a point. Hal knew what he was doing.

It was confirmed in an interview after that Hal actually willed himself to become Aquaman in that scene iirc.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 01:38 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Hal, ftw.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 01:43 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Sent me a link to CBR... I'm guessing you want to see me there to? Cause you have a fetish of trying to get my attention.

OK numbnuts, here is Hal Jordan vs shaggy man.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HPcJh6AjX...c42/RCO007.jpeg

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 02:38 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by abhilegend
OK numbnuts, here is Hal Jordan vs shaggy man.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HPcJh6AjX...c42/RCO007.jpeg

That's Eiling not Shaggyman. And yes I know how Eiling became all hulked out but his durability was honestly shit Post-Crisis.

Batman for Christ sakes blew up parts of his body with some his gadgets in his belt.

It also doesn't prove better damage Output. Aquaman slashed into Eiling with his hook hand Post-Crisis which is way less potent than his Trident.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 02:45 AM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

That's Eiling not Shaggyman. And yes I know how Eiling became all hulked out but his durability was honestly shit Post-Crisis.

Batman for Christ sakes blew up parts of his body with some his gadgets in his belt.

It also doesn't prove better damage Output. Aquaman slashed into Eiling with his hook hand Post-Crisis which is way less potent than his Trident.

So slashing is somehow better than knocking him out?

Makes sense.

erm

You really are the worst fanboy I ever knew.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 03:02 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

So slashing is somehow better than knocking him out?

Makes sense.

erm

You really are the worst fanboy I ever knew.

Not suggesting that at all. Your either not understanding me or twisting my words intentionally.

Think on it. How does someone knock a person out by stabbing them? It's virtuously impossible unless you decapitate them or they lose alot of blood. It's not something instantaneous like blunt force can be.

Analogy. Think about if a MMA fighter punched you and you blacked out. Then think if a swordsman stabbed you in the chest or sliced deep into your flesh. Your more likely going to have to visit the ER because of being impaled. Eiling has a regenerative factor. He heals rapidly.

On top of that I'm pretty sure 'Shaggy'man's hair is what makes him so durable, Eiling lacks that and just had the healing and strength factor of Shaggy. Which makes sense again if we look at the fact Batman was able to harm him with his gadgets. This is me paying attention not being biased. On another thread I suggested Cyborg could beat Aquaman. I think Superman would beat Aquaman. There's several characters that could do it. I just give Aquaman props to where he deserves it and I don't downplay his feats. I show them for what they are.
https://static4.comicvine.com/uploa...1021_211209.jpg
It's nice to see what Hal accomplished but it's not fair to suggest it's better when Arthur hasn't had any interactions with the characters brought up for Hal. Or to dismiss feats for Aquaman like putting a Crack in Uxas chest.

Last edited by EcstaticGrace on Apr 24th, 2017 at 03:17 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 03:14 AM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Not suggesting that at all. Your either not understanding me or twisting my words intentionally.

Think on it. How does someone knock a person out by stabbing them? It's virtuously impossible unless you decapitate them or they lose alot of blood. It's not something instantaneous like blunt force can be.

Analogy. Think about if a MMA fighter punched you and you blacked out. Then think if a swordsman stabbed you in the chest or sliced deep into your flesh. Your more likely going to have to visit the ER because of being impaled. Eiling has a regenerative factor. He heals rapidly.

On top of that I'm pretty sure 'Shaggy'man's hair is what makes him so durable, Eiling lacks that and just had the healing and strength factor of Shaggy. Which makes sense again if we look at the fact Batman was able to harm him with his gadgets. This is me paying attention not being biased. On another thread I suggested Cyborg could beat Aquaman. I think Superman would beat Aquaman. There's several characters that could do it. I just give Aquaman props to where he deserves it and I don't downplay his feats. I show them for what they are.
https://static4.comicvine.com/uploa...1021_211209.jpg
It's nice to see what Hal accomplished but it's not fair to suggest it's better when Arthur hasn't had any interactions with the characters brought up for Hal. Or to dismiss feats for Aquaman like putting a Crack in Uxas chest.

"Shaggy man's hair makes him durable."

Why is it so hard for you to admit that Aquaman can't catch up to Hal in feats?

Can Aquaman knock off Spectre's jaw too now?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 03:28 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

His durability was odd under Morrison. The explosives did damage him and Huntress' cross bolts were penetrating him, but took a combined attack from Superman and Wonder Woman and got back up. In WWIII, he was being damaged by Superman's punches(and heat vision) but seems to no-sell Orion's Astro-Force(or at least took nowhere near as much damage). But he wasn't knocked out in those instances. Hal did KO him. And Hal has much better.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 09:27 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

"Shaggy man's hair makes him durable."

Why is it so hard for you to admit that Aquaman can't catch up to Hal in feats?

Can Aquaman knock off Spectre's jaw too now?

Why in comparison is Hal unable to Crack into Darkseid then? Why wasn't he able to put down Graves in comparison. Why under Hitch was his constructs ignored by Parasite but Cyborg's sonics did more damage?

Your making unfair comparisons based on the fact Aquaman never faced the same guys. In blunt force Hal has greater output in overall damage Output Aquaman can cause Darkseid to leak omega effect. Something Hal hasn't done and had the opportunity to more often.

Why is that so hard for you admit something that's actually there. Then to make comparisons that are practically invalid. 😒 is getting the last word in despite not having a point that much important to you.

Yes it's been mentioned that the hair is mailed of some strange plastic alloy that shields Shaggyman.

Last edited by EcstaticGrace on Apr 24th, 2017 at 09:57 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 09:55 AM
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by Delta1938
His durability was odd under Morrison. The explosives did damage him and Huntress' cross bolts were penetrating him, but took a combined attack from Superman and Wonder Woman and got back up. In WWIII, he was being damaged by Superman's punches(and heat vision) but seems to no-sell Orion's Astro-Force(or at least took nowhere near as much damage). But he wasn't knocked out in those instances. Hal did KO him. And Hal has much better.

During the Metzler run a combined attack from AC and MM put him down to. And this was Shaggyman not Eiling. No idea if it was the original Shaggyman or the clone.

Shaggy's durability has typically been questionable though given his adaptive nature and writers not always starting him off as powerful as he last appeared. Only instance I can think of where he seemed more powerful than prior was when he was awaken on the moon and under Abnett in the Aquaman issues.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 10:00 AM
krisblaze

Aquaman did better against Superman

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 10:17 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Why in comparison is Hal unable to Crack into Darkseid then? Why wasn't he able to put down Graves in comparison.

What are you talking about idiot? Aquaman only pierced Darkseid in the eye when he was thrown by Flash.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lx8LMrU5b.../s1600/p6_8.jpg

Before that Darkseid wasn't shown injured by his attacks.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BINUcqQDy.../s1600/p6_2.jpg

Did Aquaman take down Graves by himself then?

quote:
Why under Hitch was his constructs ignored by Parasite but Cyborg's sonics did more damage?

Because Parasite was draining his power.

Are you seriously this dense? And how is Cyborg relevant here?
quote:

Your making unfair comparisons based on the fact Aquaman never faced the same guys. In blunt force Hal has greater output in overall damage Output Aquaman can cause Darkseid to leak omega effect. Something Hal hasn't done and had the opportunity to more often.

Yeah, you're seriously this dense.

Let me make it clear it to you, Aquaman is nowhere near to Hal because he stabbed Darkseid in eyes after being thrown by Flash.

quote:

Why is that so hard for you admit something that's actually there. Then to make comparisons that are practically invalid. 😒 is getting the last word in despite not having a point that much important to you.

Because you're wrong. And your aquaman fetish is really making the board against him like fanboys make the board against any character.

quote:

Yes it's been mentioned that the hair is mailed of some strange plastic alloy that shields Shaggyman.

No seriously? Could you know, prove this by any chance?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 10:55 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by krisblaze
Aquaman did better against Superman

Not even close.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 10:56 AM
DarkSaint85

I'm already convinced thumb up

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 11:24 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

During the Metzler run a combined attack from AC and MM put him down to. And this was Shaggyman not Eiling. No idea if it was the original Shaggyman or the clone.

Shaggy's durability has typically been questionable though given his adaptive nature and writers not always starting him off as powerful as he last appeared. Only instance I can think of where he seemed more powerful than prior was when he was awaken on the moon and under Abnett in the Aquaman issues.

uh You're missing a "minor" detail.

(please log in to view the image)

Also, it was during Robinson's run, well after Metzler's.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:30 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ugh, whoever let that guy near JL needs to go away.

Also, really not sure I should leave this open. Really don't think you can argue that Arthur is on Hal's level. Doesn't mean Aquaman can't do some real damage, but still.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:35 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by -Pr-
Ugh, whoever let that guy near JL needs to go away.

Also, really not sure I should leave this open. Really don't think you can argue that Arthur is on Hal's level. Doesn't mean Aquaman can't do some real damage, but still.

mad Keep it open or I'll steal your pot 'o gold!!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:38 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by -Pr-
Don't you dare.

People are arguing it, let it be.

"Bad ideas should be confronted, not silenced" ~ A wise guy, somewhere, somewhen

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 01:44 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I guess I just don't see the point.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 07:54 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

What are you talking about idiot? Aquaman only pierced Darkseid in the eye when he was thrown by Flash.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lx8LMrU5b.../s1600/p6_8.jpg

Before that Darkseid wasn't shown injured by his attacks.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BINUcqQDy.../s1600/p6_2.jpg

Did Aquaman take down Graves by himself then?

Because Parasite was draining his power.

Are you seriously this dense? And how is Cyborg relevant here?

Yeah, you're seriously this dense.

Let me make it clear it to you, Aquaman is nowhere near to Hal because he stabbed Darkseid in eyes after being thrown by Flash.

Because you're wrong. And your aquaman fetish is really making the board against him like fanboys make the board against any character.

No seriously? Could you know, prove this by any chance?

Your calling me dense and your not even looking at my post apparently.

Someone whose dense would start with a preset opinion that has no ability to be moved.

Aquaman stabbed Darkseid in the chest which is referenced in other comics outside of JL he also slashed at Darkseid's arm. And the chest and Arm thing didn't have Flash helping in any manner.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 08:58 PM