KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Man Vs Darth Vader

Iron Man Vs Darth Vader
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
And has done so through shielding and ship plating before.

As for repulsors....could he deflect them? Would the AI in Tony's suit then take over?

Deflect? Maybe.

Block? Definitely.

Even if saber fails to redirect energy attacks, it still absorbs them fine.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 10:03 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

What if Tony uses a wide setting?

Never seen a lightsaber absorb a flamethrower..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 12:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Not a SW expert, has a LS absorbed repulsor ray level stuff?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 12:43 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by cdtm

He can deflect it. Theres a respect thread on comicvine/reddit if you want to see it.

Does anyone know if tonys armor provide protection from telepathy?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 01:07 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tony's armor has countermeasures for just about everything now, from TP to magnetism..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 01:18 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sin I AM
He can deflect it. Theres a respect thread on comicvine/reddit if you want to see it.

Does anyone know if tonys armor provide protection from telepathy?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 01:20 PM
riv6672

Tony's armor has countermeasures for just about everything now, from TP to magnetism..

One thing i'm curious about is how things relate back & forth.
Has the LS dealt with repulsor level energy attacks, how's Vader telepathy rate against MU telepathy Tony's dealt with, things like that.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 01:21 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, if we could use EU legacy feats, then Luke used the force to manipulate virus's one by one out of Mon Mothma's body.. I'd imagine that's proof enough Vader could just tk destroy the nanites in this scan. (Even if they tased him, being Vader he could probably just power through and crush them all at once..)

Now? No idea.. They're nanites, so not even certain the suit would keep them out.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 01:25 PM
riv6672

Your pic's not showing for me...sad

Anyhow, i'd rather stick to this comics version, as i dont want to break forum rules/have this moved to a forum no one ever goes to.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 01:28 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Your pic's not showing for me...sad

Anyhow, i'd rather stick to this comics version, as i dont want to break forum rules/have this moved to a forum no one ever goes to.

It's on a googleplus account:

https://plus.google.com/10334380002...sts/U1iRbw9Vg8h

Trying to download the image and reupload it to my photobucket, but the download keeps failing for some reason. sad

Maybe someone else can grab it?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 01:35 PM
riv6672

Done & done; thanks!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 01:40 PM
basilisk

Interesting fight. My first thoughts were that Vader would probably take it via deflecting repulsors, force choke/crush, messing with Tony's mind, lightsaber attack etc. Also because in character Vader is more likely to stop messing around and go for the kill. Vader has pretty impressive stuff in recent SW appearances.

But I'm really thinking classic Iron Man. More recent Iron Man does seem to have a lot more stuff in his solos, although he doesn't often seem to pull out some of his more dangerous tricks in Avengers team situations or Civil War fights and so on.

Hate to say it, but yes a quickdraw is probably what it comes down to, maybe with a slight edge to Vader because of his willingness to kill and because Tony sometimes dicks around and quips at the start of fights.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 02:16 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Yeah I doubt he could block a flamethrower or a similar attack with his saber, but with a tk shield no problem.

Attachment: unnamed.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 03:31 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 25th, 2017 at 03:49 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 03:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Is Vader Sieg Heiling? Tsk.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 03:45 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's a force-sieg heil, and he's in black armor... So it's okay. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 03:54 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

thumb up

But yeah, there's a reason the mighty DS said deflect, rather than block.

I wasn't talking about the saber blocking a repulsor blast, but Vader deflecting it.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 03:57 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Avx? This seems really pis-y. I will hand wave that away if so plus he was prepped. I recall 2 other instances of him having tp resist (against red skull/defusing mind controlled hulk)but they required time or prep

Someone more knowledgable in the force would have to explain vaders version of tp. I think its more like empathy manip than traditional telepathy.

Originally posted by basilisk
Interesting fight. My first thoughts were that Vader would probably take it via deflecting repulsors, force choke/crush, messing with Tony's mind, lightsaber attack etc. Also because in character Vader is more likely to stop messing around and go for the kill. Vader has pretty impressive stuff in recent SW appearances.

But I'm really thinking classic Iron Man. More recent Iron Man does seem to have a lot more stuff in his solos, although he doesn't often seem to pull out some of his more dangerous tricks in Avengers team situations or Civil War fights and so on.

Hate to say it, but yes a quickdraw is probably what it comes down to, maybe with a slight edge to Vader because of his willingness to kill and because Tony sometimes dicks around and quips at the start of fights.

👍👍. Pretty much, i think Galan called it earlier.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 05:09 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
thumb up

But yeah, there's a reason the mighty DS said deflect, rather than block.

I wasn't talking about the saber blocking a repulsor blast, but Vader deflecting it.

The mighty DS?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 05:12 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

The repulsors ko superhuman bricks and wreck pretty much all conventional weaponry/vehicles they touch. They're a lot more powerful than lasers or fire. Not saying Vader couldn't deflect them because I'm not sure, but it would be a lot more power coming at him.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 07:41 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote