KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Man Vs Darth Vader

Iron Man Vs Darth Vader
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
The soul gem can't steal the souls of abstract types, Warlock specifically noted that the souls of beings like Galactus are beyond it's ability to manipulate. What's more, soul absorption is a tactic that Warlock rarely ever used because it's inherently perilous. He was always worried that a soul he absorbed might actually overwelm his own... that's why he always avoided using the tactic on Thanos.

He stole part of the soul of Star Thief, an abstract level being.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 11:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by cdtm
He stole part of the soul of Star Thief, an abstract level being.

See, can't absorb the souls of characters like Big G, can absorb PART of the soul of guys like Star Thief. Also has an issue with fortified Asgardian souls like Thor's. The ability is virtually impossible to nail down, that's why it needs more feats. Well it doesn't actually need more feats because Warlock stories are great BECAUSE they don't focus on feats... but to properly debate the tactic and Warlock in general on the forum more clear showings are definately necessary. As I said, he's my favorite even though he's tough as Hell to debate for, I was just expressing why I don't frequently debate for him even though he's my favorite character.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 11:31 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nevermind, was thinking Star Lord! laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 11:31 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by JayDaDon
The repulsors ko superhuman bricks and wreck pretty much all conventional weaponry/vehicles they touch. They're a lot more powerful than lasers or fire. Not saying Vader couldn't deflect them because I'm not sure, but it would be a lot more power coming at him.
Indeed it is entirely possible that one successful attack from Tony could incapacitate Vader.

That said, I am confident that Vader could block or deflect any of Tony's conventional weaponry/attacks(given the chance, of course.) Aside from what I have already mentioned, Vader can also use his TK to block the cumulative blasts/torpedoes of an entire damn Squadron of X-Wings:

(please log in to view the image)

And as Stilt mentioned, even his lightsaber can easily deflect blasts from tanks at pointblank range:

As for any smaller artillery fire at close range:

Like I said from the start: I believe this is a quick-draw scenario, plain and simple. Whoever lands the first *successful* attack likely wins. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 26th, 2017 at 01:59 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 01:47 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Those last couple scenes aren't a factor, but cool.
Not sure how his being in a ship is relevant to the first one.
Taken all together though, its impressive as **** for Vader. thumb up

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:24 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Galan007

This is such an impressive scene from both sides. Han not givin af and shooting on sight and Vaders casual blockage.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:41 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

A total classic!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:49 AM