KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rank these supermen

Rank these supermen
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Rank these supermen

Sundipped Superman
Normal Superman
DCnU Superman
Current Superman
Superboy
Superboy Prime
Superman Prime W/Guardian amp
Superman Prime 1 Million
Quantum Superman
Superman W/Cosmic Armor
Bizzaro
Cyborg Superman
Eradicator
PC Superman

evil face

Last edited by Braniac 5.0 on Apr 24th, 2017 at 04:14 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 04:11 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Superman W/Cosmic Armor
Quantum Superman
Superman Prime 1 Million
Sundipped Superman
Superboy Prime
Current Superman
Normal Superman/DCnU Superman
Cyborg Superman
Eradicator
Bizzaro
Superboy

I think I got them all aside from PC Superman, who varies too greatly to rank. CA Superman and Quantum are both meta characters and basically impossible to rank against one another but I'm making assumptions. Eradicator and Bizarro could be interchangeable.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 04:21 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Re: Rank these supermen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Sundipped Superman
Normal Superman
DCnU Superman
Current Superman
Superboy
Superboy Prime
Superman Prime 1 Million
Quantum Superman
Superman W/Cosmic Armor
Bizzaro
Cyborg Superman
Eradicator
PC Superman

evil face

Superman w/CA
Superman Prime 1Mil
Sundipped Superman
PC Superman
Superboy Prime w/Guardian Amp
Superman 1Mil
Superman [merged]/Superboy Prime
DCnu Superman/Pre-Flashpoint Superman
Cyborg Superman
Eradicator
Bizarro
Superboy

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 04:28 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Why the evil face smilie?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 05:25 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by riv6672
Why the evil face smilie?

Perhaps trolling JBL?

Originally posted by JBL
You didn't see this coming carver? The dynamic strength craps, all the different names his fans gave him?? Regular superman, non-holding back superman, unrestrained superman, owaw superman, normal superman??? Just be glad they are not trying to claim he's Abstract. YET!!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 05:29 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Oh! Nice catch...thumb up

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 07:11 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Superman W/Cosmic Armor
Sundipped Superman (from OWAW)/Quantum Superman/PC Superman
Current Superman/Superman Prime W/Guardian amp/Superman Prime 1 Million
Superboy Prime
Normal Superman
DCnU Superman
Cyborg Superman
Eradicator
Bizzaro
Superboy

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 07:19 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by Philosophía
Superman w/CA
Superman Prime 1Mil
Sundipped Superman
PC Superman
Superboy Prime w/Guardian Amp
Superman 1Mil
Superman [merged]/Superboy Prime
DCnu Superman/Pre-Flashpoint Superman
Cyborg Superman
Eradicator
Bizarro
Superboy

Ok, I'm going to attempt to hijack this thread because let's be honest it's a CBC thread so it's not going anywhere anyways.

I want to talk about Superman 1 Million since you included him in your list. Some, including Galan (and I apologize in advance if I'm misrepresenting opinions), believe that 1 Million is nigh-unstoppable (my own exaggeration added) under the Super Sun because he appears to have instant regeneration from near-death injuries (see example )

I feel like this rationale is misrepresented. Recovering from low energy levels and/or energy drain is not typically treated the same way as say, a broken bone. Superman himself has almost identical energy-drain regeneration feats (see after effects of a Parasite energy drain ). And that's just regular Superman under our regular Sun (albeit very, very close). Still, we wouldn't ever argue that Superman could regenerate from any damage instantly under a yellow sun because he can regenerate from low energy levels, so I don't quite understand that argument with 1 Million.

Not trying to put down 1 Million in any way, because he's still beastly. Punching through time in a near-death state is ridiculous, but his best feat I think is still slowing (and, with help, stopping) a charging galaxy with his TK. Think about how ridiculous that is. Some wankers here fawn over Hyperion stopping a single planet moving at whatever really fast speed, but Kal did it to a motherfucking galaxy of planets and stars moving at what was unquestionably FTL speeds. (Note: I say "unquestionably" because the comic didn't specify a speed, but galaxies are massive and the space between them even more so. The Ape Galaxy was going to collide with the Milky Way in 2 hours. For comparison, IRL the Andromeda Galaxy, our closest neighbor, will collide with the Milky way in about four billion years @ 400,000 kilometers per hour.)

So anyways, back to my point, I don't think Kal can insta-heal under the Super-Sun.

Discuss.

'Be.'

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 07:40 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Cogito
Ok, I'm going to attempt to hijack this thread because let's be honest it's a CBC thread so it's not going anywhere anyways.

I want to talk about Superman 1 Million since you included him in your list. Some, including Galan (and I apologize in advance if I'm misrepresenting opinions), believe that 1 Million is nigh-unstoppable (my own exaggeration added) under the Super Sun because he appears to have instant regeneration from near-death injuries (see example )

I feel like this rationale is misrepresented. Recovering from low energy levels and/or energy drain is not typically treated the same way as say, a broken bone. Superman himself has almost identical energy-drain regeneration feats (see after effects of a Parasite energy drain ). And that's just regular Superman under our regular Sun (albeit very, very close). Still, we wouldn't ever argue that Superman could regenerate from any damage instantly under a yellow sun because he can regenerate from low energy levels, so I don't quite understand that argument with 1 Million.

Not trying to put down 1 Million in any way, because he's still beastly. Punching through time in a near-death state is ridiculous, but his best feat I think is still slowing (and, with help, stopping) a charging galaxy with his TK. Think about how ridiculous that is. Some wankers here fawn over Hyperion stopping a single planet moving at whatever really fast speed, but Kal did it to a motherfucking galaxy of planets and stars moving at what was unquestionably FTL speeds. (Note: I say "unquestionably" because the comic didn't specify a speed, but galaxies are massive and the space between them even more so. The Ape Galaxy was going to collide with the Milky Way in 2 hours. For comparison, IRL the Andromeda Galaxy, our closest neighbor, will collide with the Milky way in about four billion years @ 400,000 kilometers per hour.)

So anyways, back to my point, I don't think Kal can insta-heal under the Super-Sun.

Discuss.
I think you're making a distinction that isn't exclusive - them getting charged by power IS what both heals and powers them up. In the Parasite scan, he heals internal damage instantly. In the S1M scan, we can see him damaged by his actions - he is getting old, sick:

WW:
"He's dying, hourman! No one can shatter the time barrier with bare hands!"
---
Supes: "feel so old..so sick.."

And we have it flat-out stated that he regenerates from old age/near death:
"flooding in...from the Super-Sun...regenerating the celular damage"

And it's not without precedent, normal Superman has grown his entire heart in moments when near the sun:
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/Ph...ation1.jpg.html
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/Ph...ation2.jpg.html

Now imagine a Super-Sun...and a super-Superman, and you get the DC 1Mil scene. The difference is that future Supes doesn't need to get dropped into the sun/hug it for that level of regeneration, due to the aforementioned factors.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Apr 25th, 2017 at 08:28 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:25 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Cogito

Discuss.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:33 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Who from those versions are actually Kal-El?

Last edited by Inedian on Apr 25th, 2017 at 08:47 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:40 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^not even sure any more.

I'll stick with the Byrne version, its never let me down.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 09:55 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

I like the dabate going on in here.

Superman is awesome anyway.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 10:08 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Sundipped Superman
Normal Superman
DCnU Superman
Current Superman
Superboy
Superboy Prime
Superman Prime 1 Million
Quantum Superman
Superman W/Cosmic Armor
Bizzaro
Cyborg Superman
Eradicator
PC Superman

evil face

I copy pasted this list into the Google search engine and the only thing to really come up was this thread.
Its surprising no one else seems to be debating this.
Anyhow, i like the debates going on here (LoBs poll that didnt really go anywhere, blocky's thread where JBL put things in perspective by pointing out no actual proof's been given about half power, and this ranking thread itself) for the most part.
Superman's a great character, and DCs bound to get things right sooner or later.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 11:22 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Every superman is the same. All feats apply

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 11:43 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nah, thats not right.
SDSupes' feats dont apply to Superboy, Bizarro's feats dont apply to Eradicator...

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 11:56 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Nah superman exists on every platform, in every medium concurrently. Hes a singular entity occuring simultaneously thru out time and space. Get with the program

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 12:01 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nah, i'd rather be right, thanks, boo. laughing

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 12:21 PM
Cogito

Originally posted by Inedian
Who from those versions are actually Kal-El?

Sundipped Superman
Normal Superman
DCnU Superman
Current Superman
Superman Prime 1 Million
Superman W/Cosmic Armor
PC Superman

Technically Superman w/ Cosmic Armor is a fusion of Superman and Ultraman's essences powering Monitor tech.

Originally posted by Philosophía
I think you're making a distinction that isn't exclusive - them getting charged by power IS what both heals and powers them up. In the Parasite scan, he heals internal damage instantly. In the S1M scan, we can see him damaged by his actions - he is getting old, sick:

WW:
"He's dying, hourman! No one can shatter the time barrier with bare hands!"
---
Supes: "feel so old..so sick.."

And we have it flat-out stated that he regenerates from old age/near death:
"flooding in...from the Super-Sun...regenerating the celular damage"

And it's not without precedent, normal Superman has grown his entire heart in moments when near the sun:
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/Ph...ation1.jpg.html
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/Ph...ation2.jpg.html

Now imagine a Super-Sun...and a super-Superman, and you get the DC 1Mil scene. The difference is that future Supes doesn't need to get dropped into the sun/hug it for that level of regeneration, due to the aforementioned factors.

Interesting, I didn't remember that example. I'm still not sure that it's enough to convince me, as the EJ arc was a whole basket of ridiculousness. Good stuff though thumb up

'Be.'

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 12:42 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Someone needs butt hurt cream starts with riv and ends with 6672

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 02:10 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote