KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman (DC Rebirth) vs Superman (Kingdom Come)

Superman (DC Rebirth) vs Superman (Kingdom Come)
Started by: Blockythe1guy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blockythe1guy

Superman (DC Rebirth) vs Superman (Kingdom Come)

With both New 52 and Post-Crisis Supermans fused into One Superman in DC Rebirth

Who is strongest superman out of the both now?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 11:19 PM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

KC is a lot stronger.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 01:46 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JBL
KC is a lot stronger.

How do you come out to that conclusion?

I mean I know you are not exactly a Superman reader. So how did you come out with that conclusion, specially if what ever you have seen of rebirth superman it was basically performed at half power

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 02:17 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
How do you come out to that conclusion?

I mean I know you are not exactly a Superman reader. So how did you come out with that conclusion, specially if what ever you have seen of rebirth superman it was basically performed at half power
Because unlike you, I don't make believe that he was at half power. That was never stated anywhere except your mind. It was stated that he was split to KEEP him weak not weaken him, but as always, any time you superfriends see a false chance to elevate superman ( trans lol ) you try and vote it on him ( didn't work) to suit your fantasy. Epic fail.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 03:47 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by JBL
Because unlike you, I don't make believe that he was at half power. That was never stated anywhere except your mind. It was stated that he was split to KEEP him weak not weaken him, but as always, any time you superfriends see a false chance to elevate superman ( trans lol ) you try and vote it on him ( didn't work) to suit your fantasy. Epic fail.

I was trying to engage in a serious talk with you but sadly I see your idiocy keeps bringing you down.

So you don't have anything but pure wishful thinking as always. Because oh yes, you don't read Superman comics therefore your opinion is a baseless uninformed one.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 03:53 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by JBL
It was stated that he was split to KEEP him weak not weaken him

Please make some sense. Was he weak? Was he at full power?

If he was separated into two beigns that show pretty much to be equals does that somehow translates that one was at 20% percent power and the other one at 80%?

How do you guess those numbers?

So the split keep him weak not weaken him? Please make some sense.

So the split keep him at 80% weak not weaken him 20%? Make some sense dude.

When do you decide that he was working at 30% and the other Superman at 70% percent.

Your argument is as bad as they have always been.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 04:04 AM
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Please make some sense. Was he weak? Was he at full power?

If he was separated into two beigns that show pretty much to be equals does that somehow translates that one was at 20% percent power and the other one at 80%?

How do you guess those numbers?

So the split keep him weak not weaken him? Please make some sense.

So the split keep him at 80% weak not weaken him 20%? Make some sense dude.

When do you decide that he was working at 30% and the other Superman at 70% percent.

Your argument is as bad as they have always been.
You're the one claiming he was at half power. I know your fanboy track record about superman, so do yourself a favor, stop making it so obvious and maybe, just maybe, someone might fall for you little " superman is the greatest thing since electricity fantasy.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 04:26 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by JBL
You're the one claiming he was at half power. I know your fanboy track record about superman, so do yourself a favor, stop making it so obvious and maybe, just maybe, someone might fall for you little " superman is the greatest thing since electricity fantasy.

So Superman was split into two halves, both were equally strong but combined they are as strong as before?

1+1=1?

How exactly does that works?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 04:35 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by JBL

Seriously stop it, you already are looking bad in here. Your argument makes no sense.

What proof you have to give the win to KC Superman?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 04:38 AM
Pillow Biter

I see no solid evidence that the Rebirth Superman is much more powerful, and certainly not twice as powerful. A doubling of a character's power would be a huge deal--and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. When Superman said that Mxy had made his "weaker", it could have meant many things other than physically weaker. And in that context, I acknowledge the possibility that he meant physically weaker, but don't see it as the most likely interpretation. After all, against the Imp, being stronger means nothing--but losing some of your memories and identity and even sense of purpose--THAT could make you "weaker" against Mxy.

And the mathematicians don't understand comics. Things don't always add up in the comics. When Energy Superman was "divided" into Blue and Red, each was equally powerful to the original. Not half as powerful.

I can see Rebirth Superman--in fact, just Post-Crisis Superman from the time of Lois and Clark--being a bit more powerful than New 52 on account of being older. But nowhere near double.

And finally, also remember that in comics, most powerups don't stick. Even when they get acknowledged time and again in the narrative, over time they rarely move a character's relative position in the hero hierarchy. I think of this as Iron Man syndrome: Tony got constant upgrades, but rarely if ever moved up in the rankings. Byrne Superman is said to be much weaker than the current model. And in some ways this is true. Yet if you look at Superman's relative ranking, he's always been the contested top dog, typically by just a bit. He was usually first among equals. But periodically he'd have showings that put him well above his supposed peers. This pattern has never really changed despite all of Superman's power ups. The explanations for why he's usually barely able to beat his peers and sometimes able to outperform whole groups of them have changed: psionic powers, drawing in more solar energy, mental blocks, holds back more than others, etc. But in the end, his relative performance--the only true measure of a hero's power--has remained fairly constant.

So given all of the above, I'm highly skeptical that Superman is really going to consistently start performing at double power. (And what would double power even mean for a character whose performance already swings so wildly in exhibited power levels?) That said, his showings in the latest JLA have been very good.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:18 AM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by abhilegend
So Superman was split into two halves, both were equally strong but combined they are as strong as before?

1+1=1?

How exactly does that works?

Because it's more like:

1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4 actually he is now much weaker but weakness makes him strong.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:19 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Because it's more like:

1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4 actually he is now much weaker but weakness makes him strong.

Except in comics, math doesn't always add up. Red and Blue Superman were each as powerful as the original Energy Superman. Math won't help us here.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:23 AM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Not too familiar with the electro Superman but as far as I remember he was barely capable of moving a moon and that was by using electromagnetism, when at solid stated he can easily stop flat a moon sized ship comming out of hyperspace. Or just fight against the weight of the moon easily in solid form.

Narration might said something but if the display of power is different I think it's easy to assume the display of power is the one that is correct and that the narration was wrong.

Now I just noticed that you said blue and red were as powerfulnas the original electro blue. That might work as like I said I am not familiar with red and blue. But electro and solid are def not = powerful. But yes I see point.

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Apr 25th, 2017 at 09:59 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 09:54 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by JBL
KC is a lot stronger.

^^^This.
Originally posted by JBL

^^^Because this.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 09:57 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

No point on talking to trolls

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 10:01 AM
riv6672

^^^having read whats been quoted, i see putting you on ignore ages ago was a great move.
Aaaanyhow, done here, and getting the last word in. Again. smile

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 10:14 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Lol how is that "putting me on ignore working" out for you?

Seems you read plenty of what I say laughing poor riv, Rao is a bad hombre.

Nothing makes me happier than making a troll like you putting me on "ignore"

Poor troll.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 10:56 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Rebirth is superior, obviously.

The fact that you guys don't have JBL on ignore is shocking, tbh.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 03:57 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Pillow Biter
I see no solid evidence that the Rebirth Superman is much more powerful, and certainly not twice as powerful. A doubling of a character's power would be a huge deal--and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. When Superman said that Mxy had made his "weaker", it could have meant many things other than physically weaker. And in that context, I acknowledge the possibility that he meant physically weaker, but don't see it as the most likely interpretation. After all, against the Imp, being stronger means nothing--but losing some of your memories and identity and even sense of purpose--THAT could make you "weaker" against Mxy.

And the mathematicians don't understand comics. Things don't always add up in the comics. When Energy Superman was "divided" into Blue and Red, each was equally powerful to the original. Not half as powerful.

I can see Rebirth Superman--in fact, just Post-Crisis Superman from the time of Lois and Clark--being a bit more powerful than New 52 on account of being older. But nowhere near double.

And finally, also remember that in comics, most powerups don't stick. Even when they get acknowledged time and again in the narrative, over time they rarely move a character's relative position in the hero hierarchy. I think of this as Iron Man syndrome: Tony got constant upgrades, but rarely if ever moved up in the rankings. Byrne Superman is said to be much weaker than the current model. And in some ways this is true. Yet if you look at Superman's relative ranking, he's always been the contested top dog, typically by just a bit. He was usually first among equals. But periodically he'd have showings that put him well above his supposed peers. This pattern has never really changed despite all of Superman's power ups. The explanations for why he's usually barely able to beat his peers and sometimes able to outperform whole groups of them have changed: psionic powers, drawing in more solar energy, mental blocks, holds back more than others, etc. But in the end, his relative performance--the only true measure of a hero's power--has remained fairly constant.

So given all of the above, I'm highly skeptical that Superman is really going to consistently start performing at double power. (And what would double power even mean for a character whose performance already swings so wildly in exhibited power levels?) That said, his showings in the latest JLA have been very good.
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Except in comics, math doesn't always add up. Red and Blue Superman were each as powerful as the original Energy Superman. Math won't help us here.

Still an idiot?

Prove Superman red and Blue were as powerful as original electric Superman.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 04:09 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Galan007
Rebirth is superior, obviously.

The fact that you guys don't have JBL on ignore is shocking, tbh.
honestly wondering, does rebirth have the feats to prove that he's superior?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 05:50 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote