KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman (DC Rebirth) vs Superman (Kingdom Come)

Superman (DC Rebirth) vs Superman (Kingdom Come)
Started by: Blockythe1guy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Given that everything DCnU Superman has done up to this point has been accomplished in a weakened state(his cumulative essence was literally split in two halves), I would definitely have to say so.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 05:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

quote: (post)
Originally posted by deathslash
honestly wondering, does rebirth have the feats to prove that he's superior?
Hell no.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 06:00 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Galan007
Given that everything DCnU Superman has done up to this point has been accomplished in a weakened state(his cumulative essence was literally split in two halves), I would definitely have to say so.
Not saying you're wrong, but does that actually prove anything? We've already seen post crisis Superman do stuff on a similar and occasionally far superior level to what new 52 has done. We also have an outright instance of post crisis Superman clearly being inferior to KC Superman (Hercules didn't even make him flinch). Maybe I'm missing something, but both of the Supermen that merged into rebirth Superman had massive fluctuations in their power and kc supes has never (to my knowledge) gotten knocked out/hurt by something drastically beneath him. You're one of the more knowledgeable (and non biased) posters on KMC, so I'd appreciate hearing your honest answer to this.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 07:12 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not saying you're wrong, but does that actually prove anything? We've already seen post crisis Superman do stuff on a similar and occasionally far superior level to what new 52 has done. We also have an outright instance of post crisis Superman clearly being inferior to KC Superman (Hercules didn't even make him flinch). Maybe I'm missing something, but both of the Supermen that merged into rebirth Superman had massive fluctuations in their power and kc supes has never (to my knowledge) gotten knocked out/hurt by something drastically beneath him. You're one of the more knowledgeable (and non biased) posters on KMC, so I'd appreciate hearing your honest answer to this.
Thing is, KC Superman was superior to pre-Flashpoint Superman. Personally, I believe that DCnU Superman's 'average' outclasses even his pre-Flashpoint counterpart(abhi and Phil might kill me for saying that, lol.) I mean, in just a few years time, DCnU Supes racked up a plethora of laughably high-end feats -- he has such a great frequency of these extremely uber showings, in fact, that it would honestly be very difficult to *intelligibly*(key word) restrict his 'average' to the herald-tier... Pressing earth-weight for dayS on end w/o the presence of sunlight, and moving a ship that was dozenS of times larger than earth, is just the tip of the iceberg really. Just before the merger, for example, Supes shattered through the numerous...dare I say infinite...dimensional walls/barriers of Mxy's 'Infinite Planet', like cheap tissue paper... And just recently he tanked repeated blasts/attacks from, and proceeded to contend evenly with, Molly -- a being who was channeling the combined powers of: the Speed Force, the magics of ancient Atlantis, the Green Lantern CPB, and f*cking time itself. So yeah...

Tbh, the fact that DCnU Supes did all of that(and SO much more), in a significantly weakened state, is mind-boggling. So in answer to your question: is KC Supes > post-Rebirth Supes..? My overwhelming surge of deductive reasoning simply will not allow me to believe that(even though KC Supes is one of my all-time favs.) I believe post-Rebirth Superman is about the most powerful [unamped] iteration of the character we've ever seen.

Again, this is all just my opinion -- though it is certainly not without logic/reason, even if you disagree. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 25th, 2017 at 08:11 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:03 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I believe that DCnU Superman's 'average' outclasses even his pre-Flashpoint counterpart(abhi and Phil might kill me for saying that, lol.)
I'm one of the few Superman fans who thinks New 52 Superman is stronger than Pre-Flashpoint stick out tongue

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:10 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Pre-Flashpoint had a HARD time moving the earth with Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter.

DCnU Superman bench pressed the weight earth for 5 days straight, with no problem at all. That wasn't even his limit.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:17 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Remember how much Carver and others straight up argue with Superman pulling the Earth feat against Star breaker?

It's a shared feat with GL etcetcetc.

New 52 just did it for five days without sun.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:26 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Zack M
Pre-Flashpoint had a HARD time moving the earth with Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter.

DCnU Superman bench pressed the weight earth for 5 days straight, with no problem at all. That wasn't even his limit.

Lowballing doesn't help.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

I'd rather there isn't in-fighting among Supes fans, since trolls will try to cherry-pick what's talked about here and spam the forum with it.

The Superman we have right now is more powerful than ever - and a merger of Supermen who have both sets of feats [New 52 and Pre-Flashpoint]. At this point, it's irrelevant whether or not one part of him was stronger than the other.

That said..
Originally posted by -Pr-
Lowballing doesn't help.
It's not lowballing, though, Pre-FP was consistently portrayed as needing help to move/stop celestial bodies (Terror Incognita, Starbreaker, Obsidian Age, New Krypton etc.). That's different than saying that he doesn't have better feats of strength [lifting infinity is literally the limit of strength], but when we compare Supermen and planet moving [intrinsically linked], and New 52 does it for 5 days without literally breaking a sweat, the intent is clear of which is stronger, imo.

Last edited by Philosophía on Apr 25th, 2017 at 08:41 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:33 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Philosophía
I'd rather there isn't in-fighting among Supes fans, since trolls will try to cherry-pick what's talked about here and spam the forum with it.

The Superman we have right now is more powerful than ever - and a merger of Supermen who have both sets of feats [New 52 and Pre-Flashpoint]. At this point, it's irrelevant whether or not one part of him was stronger than the other.

That said..
It's not lowballing, though, Pre-FP was consistently portrayed as needing help to move/stop celestial bodies (Terror Incognita, Starbreaker, Obsidian Age, New Krypton etc.). That's different than saying that he doesn't have better feats of strength [lifting infinity is literally the limit of strength], but when we compare Supermen and planet moving [intrinsically linked], and New 52 does it for 5 days without literally breaking a sweat, the intent is clear of which is stronger, imo.

I just thought it was a poor example to pick as a point of comparison, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

I just thought it was a poor example to pick as a point of comparison, tbh.
Eh, he could have picked any 'Pre-FP Superman vs planet/moon' instance and it would have still stood.

We've both read enough Superman to know that pre-FP wasn't portrayed as easily benching the Earth for 5 days without breaking a sweat.

But, like I said, it's quite irrelevant now - current Supes is > both of them.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:44 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I guess. Did they say where current Superman was this entire time?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:45 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Thing is, KC Superman was superior to pre-Flashpoint Superman. Personally, I believe that DCnU Superman's 'average' outclasses even his pre-Flashpoint counterpart(abhi and Phil might kill me for saying that, lol.) I mean, in just a few years time, DCnU Supes racked up a plethora of laughably high-end feats -- he has such a great frequency of these extremely uber showings, in fact, that it would honestly be very difficult to *intelligibly*(key word) restrict his 'average' to the herald-tier... Pressing earth-weight for dayS on end w/o the presence of sunlight, and moving a ship that was dozenS of times larger than earth, is just the tip of the iceberg really. Just before the merger, for example, Supes shattered through the numerous...dare I say infinite...dimensional walls/barriers of Mxy's 'Infinite Planet', like cheap tissue paper... And just recently he tanked repeated blasts/attacks from, and proceeded to contend evenly with, Molly -- a being who was channeling the combined powers of: the Speed Force, the magics of ancient Atlantis, the Green Lantern CPB, and f*cking time itself. So yeah...

Tbh, the fact that DCnU Supes did all of that(and SO much more), in a significantly weakened state, is mind-boggling. So in answer to your question: is KC Supes > post-Rebirth Supes..? My overwhelming surge of deductive reasoning simply will not allow me to believe that(even though KC Supes is one of my all-time favs.) I believe post-Rebirth Superman is about the most powerful [unamped] iteration of the character we've ever seen.

Again, this is all just my opinion -- though it is certainly not without logic/reason, even if you disagree. smile

N52 Clark had some high end feats. Virtual earth weight, DD In half, and Brainiac ship w/jonn top the list, but he did have a bunch of not so great showings. I read the mxy feat a little diff. I think it's bring overstated. The abstract nature kinda lessens it I think.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 09:18 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

I guess. Did they say where current Superman was this entire time?
Current Supes is now both New 52 and Pre-FP in one being, after previously being split apart [presumably by Manhattan]. So he was technically present, but with a part of him being in the N52 adventures, while the other was raising his family. But now that they merged, the Universe was re-stabilized to have them as one being all along the timeline.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 09:37 PM
carver9

If pre flash point Superman is a 100 and he was split and it took him to a 85 or 90. He then merge back with himself and become a 100 again and was weaker than KC Superman when he was a 100, how is he more powerful now. I honestly don't think people get it. The Superman we seen before the reboot was whole, DCNU Superman was a part of Pre Superman. Now that he is whole again, he is back at his previous power level which was weaker than than KC Superman. He didn't receive an amp folks.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 09:45 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Philosophía
Current Supes is now both New 52 and Pre-FP in one being, after previously being split apart [presumably by Manhattan]. So he was technically present, but with a part of him being in the N52 adventures, while the other was raising his family. But now that they merged, the Universe was re-stabilized to have them as one being all along the timeline.

How did they not cross paths?

Originally posted by carver9
If pre flash point Superman is a 100 and he was split and it took him to a 85 or 90. He then merge back with himself and become a 100 again and was weaker than KC Superman when he was a 100, how is he more powerful now. I honestly don't think people get it. The Superman we seen before the reboot was whole, DCNU Superman was a part of Pre Superman. Now that he is whole again, he is back at his previous power level which was weaker than than KC Superman. He didn't receive an amp folks.

LMAO. Any excuse, eh Carter?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 09:51 PM
Philosophía

How did they not cross paths?
Pre-FP kept a low profile, changed his name, and intervened only low-key. He was even there when the JLA first confronted Darkseid, but chose not to intervene.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 09:57 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's so ****ing weird.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 09:59 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
N52 Clark had some high end feats. Virtual earth weight, DD In half, and Brainiac ship w/jonn top the list, but he did have a bunch of not so great showings. I read the mxy feat a little diff. I think it's bring overstated. The abstract nature kinda lessens it I think.
Of course he has low showings. Every character does. This doesn't change the staggering frequency of his not just high-end...but ridiculously high-end...feats, however. Point being: KC Superman may have been superior to pre-Flashpoint Supes, but so was DCnU Supes(and by a significant margin), imo... Again, this is important because we now know that DCnU Supes has always been significantly weakened -- his cumulative essence(and therefore power) was literally split in two.

-Ripping Doomsday in half? Weakened.
-Combating Phantom Stranger? Weakened.
-Contending with Darkseid and forcing him back? Weakened.
-Easily pressing earth weight for days on end, w/o any sunlight replenishing him? Weakened.
-Pushing half of a ship that was dozens of times larger than earth? Weakened.
-Tanking attacks from a universal+ being(and fighting evenly with her)? Weakened.

...And the list goes on...and on...and on.

Now that he's merged(ie. Post-Rebirth), I think my opinion that he is superior to KC Superman is rather self-explanatory. Imho: post-Rebirth Supes >> DCnU Supes ~/> KC Supes > pre-Flashpoint Supes. /shrug

As for the Mxy feat: I am not overstating it at all. Mxy's Infinite Planet was literally tailor made to fcuk with Superman -- each one of the endless scenarios represented an entirely different universe. To escape this 'life trap' of Mxy's, Superman literally had to break out of it -- he literally had to punch out of the universal boundaries/walls within the Infinite Planet... We actually SAW him do this.

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 25th, 2017 at 10:03 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 10:00 PM
Philosophía

That's so ****ing weird.
Yeah, many people have a problem with it. It's one thing to 'trust the current heroes', and it's another to stand aside while the world is going to shit (see the CSA arc of JLA). And then he's like 'I'm going to take this dead Superman's place, who's been busting his ass off'. Needless to say, many didn't take it well.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 10:01 PM