KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How the hell can Superman beat Silver Surfer?

How the hell can Superman beat Silver Surfer?
Started by: RadZoa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RadZoa

How the hell can Superman beat Silver Surfer?

How can a bloodlusted Superman beat a bloodlusted Silver Surfer?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:01 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

By punching I'm guessing.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:02 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

The same way that Thor can, by going in close-combat and putting the shit out of Silver Surfer ! >_<

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:02 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Punching blasting, finger flicking.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:05 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why wouldn't a bloodlusted Surfer just create kryptonite? Or red sun radiation? Or both?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Because he's been punched?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:10 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

All-out, but abiding typical levels of comic realism, Superman would simply beat the hell out of Surfer.

But in any fight where powers are used a lot more realistically than is the comics norm, Surfer annihilates Superman and all-out or not matters not.

Not sure what you mean by bloodlusted.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:14 PM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Surfer has surprisingly weak blasting power. Nothing Superman couldnt rush through to knock him out.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:17 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
All-out, but abiding typical levels of comic realism, Superman would simply beat the hell out of Surfer.

But in any fight where powers are used a lot more realistically than is the comics norm, Surfer annihilates Superman and all-out or not matters not.

Not sure what you mean by bloodlusted.
In a fight where powers would be used realistically, Surfer wouldn't even know the fight had started before Superman caves his head in.

Originally posted by Damborgson
Surfer has surprisingly weak blasting power. Nothing Superman couldnt rush through to knock him out.
This is surprisingly overlooked on the forum.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:23 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

His blasts have been powerful enough to leave behind singularities as a side effect. Doesn't sound that weak to me.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Surtur
His blasts have been powerful enough to leave behind singularities as a side effect. Doesn't sound that weak to me.

He hasn't done that every time though has he to be fair. Otherwise he would walk up to Thanos just blast him and walk off. Blast Odin and walk off.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:52 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Surtur
If you mean in Annihilation, he purposely left that there to simultaneously mark Airwalkers passing and keep Ravenous from taking his power.
That wasn't a side effect of a random blast.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 05:07 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by Juntai
If you mean in Annihilation, he purposely left that there to simultaneously mark Airwalkers passing and keep Ravenous from taking his power.
He's a troll, pay him no attention. Ignore list is the way to go.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 05:09 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

He can't. Unless Surfer let's him.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 05:10 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Of course he can. Surfer can't even beat Henshaw let alone Superman.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 05:20 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Juntai

Whether or not he did it on purpose doesn't take away from the feat. If he can unleash that much energy, then he can unleash that much energy. That's like trying to downplay a feat where Supes lifts something by saying that he intended to lift it. It would actually be more damning if he DIDN'T mean to do such a thing. Like the time he evolved a planet billion years in moments by trying to put all his energy into healing the planet. Him doing that on accident doesn't mean that he could do such a thing and actually control the process.

It being intentional doesn't take away from the fact that the large black hole was a side effect of his energy discharge. He wanted to release that much energy... and he did it successfully.

Last edited by darthgoober on Apr 26th, 2017 at 06:27 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 06:24 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by darthgoober
side effect of his energy discharge.
I don't think you know what side effect means.

You mean intended effect.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 06:27 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Philosophía
I don't think you know what side effect means.

You mean intended effect.

No I mean side effect. And intended/planned side effect, but side effect.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 06:28 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by darthgoober
No I mean side effect. And intended/planned side effect, but side effect.
If it's the main intent, it's not a side effect. What is this shit, goober?

quote:
side effect is an effect, whether therapeutic or adverse, that is secondary to the one intended;

Creating a black hole wasn't a secondary - it was the whole purpose of his discharge.

If I intend punch you in the face, you getting punched in the face is not a side effect, because that's what I wanted to do.

Your girlfriend crying would be a side effect.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 06:34 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Philosophía
If it's the main intent, it's not a side effect. What is this shit, goober?

Creating a black hole wasn't a secondary - it was the whole purpose of his discharge.

If I intend punch you in the face, you getting punched in the face is not a side effect, because that's what I wanted to do.

Your girlfriend crying would be a side effect.

Surfer didn't shoot a black hole out of his hand, his action was to release a butt load of energy. The formation of the blackhole was a secondary effect of that energy discharge.

By the same token, a doctor can prescibe a drug that treats depression and causes weightloss as a side effect of the medication to someone who's overweight with the intended effect of causing the patient to lose weight and the weightloss still be considered a side effect of the medication.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 06:40 PM