KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How the hell can Superman beat Silver Surfer?

How the hell can Superman beat Silver Surfer?
Started by: RadZoa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
Enforced implies I wanted to silence you or your actions to have consequences.

This was us having a discussion in which you were wrong, and asking an objective opinion on the topic from a mod to chime in. You agreed, and once you got it, not going your way, you went all 'waaaah you're trying to silence me! oppression! SJW".

Stop playing the victim.

Next thing you'll tell me gender is a social construct [joke, btw]

No you were very specifically seeking to get a Mod RULING, not a mods opinion. At least that's what you told me here...

Side effect is defined as secondary to the primary intent. If the intent of the action is to reduce depression [or to create a blackhole, or to punch you in the face], then reducing depression is the direct effect [or creating a black hole, or getting your face punched]. If the intent of my action isn't to have the patient lose weight [or having your girlfriend cry], it's called a side effect.

side effect is an effect, whether therapeutic or adverse, that is secondary to the one intended;

What Surfer intended is to create a blackhole. There's nothing secondary about it.

Should we get a mod to rule on this stupid thing you can't understand?

It's not a side effect, and you don't know what that word means.

If I splash water on my face with the intent to clean it, my face being clean isn't the side effect.

How many example must I give you before you get it?

Now maybe when you talked to him you simply asked him for his opinion rather than a ruling on the matter, but what you led me to believe was that you were trying to get him to say that the phrase couldn't be used as a matter of law.

And because of that, I have no reason to be upset with what Pr said. To go back to my earlier example of "muslim aggression" and the SJW, if when the cop got there he said that he didn't personally like the phrase but I wasn't breaking any laws by using it I would have no real reason to be upset. After all, I was never trying to get him to force the SJW to use the phrase.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 01:46 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by darthgoober
No you were very specifically seeking to get a Mod RULING, not a mods opinion. At least that's what you told me here...

Now maybe when you talked to him you simply asked him for his opinion rather than a ruling on the matter, but what you led me to believe was that you were trying to get him to say that the phrase couldn't be used as a matter of law.

And because of that, I have no reason to be upset with what Pr said. To go back to my earlier example of "muslim aggression" and the SJW, if when the cop got there he said that he didn't personally like the phrase but I wasn't breaking any laws by using it I would have no real reason to be upset. After all, I was never trying to get him to force the SJW to use the phrase.

A mod can't get you to not use a certain expression, no matter how wrong it is. In this context, mod-ruling is synonymous with 'judge' of the discussion, not 'enforcer'. What is this, China?

You can go on calling it side-effect, and nobody is stopping you. Many people on the forum go on saying the same things they've been saying for half a decade, after being corrected dozens of times, people call them stupid, and they move on - there is no enforcing.

Like I said - stop playing the oppressed victim that I'm trying to silence.

You're quite literally wasting my time. Have the last word, if it helps your wounded ego.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 01:51 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I'm bumping this, because it got lost in the bullshit.

Originally posted by Pillow Biter
There's no doubt that the inter-Kryptonian power hierarchy at DC is riddled with inconsistencies.
What do you mean?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 01:54 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

A mod can't get you to not use a certain expression, no matter how wrong it is. In this context, mod-ruling is synonymous with 'judge' of the discussion, not 'enforcer'. What is this, China?

You can go on calling it side-effect, and nobody is stopping you. Many people on the forum go on saying the same things they've been saying for half a decade, after being corrected dozens of times, people call them stupid, and they move on - there is no enforcing.

Like I said - stop playing the oppressed victim that I'm trying to silence.

You're quite literally wasting my time. Have the last word, if it helps your wounded ego.

Yeah that's why it seemed strange to me that you would seek a mod ruling, because as you put it... this isn't China. But just askin for a mod's opinion seems a little strange because beyond their ability make actual rulings, a Mod's opinion doesn't mean any more than anyone elses opinion so why bother bringing one in to decide the discussion? What's more, even if you asked him for a ruling within that peculiar context, he outright said that he wasn't making a ruling so even within that context it's still not like I "lost" lol. And since Pr both expressed his opinion and said that he wasn't making a ruling, evidently he thought you meant the same thing by a ruling that I did so it evident wasn't as obvious you're now trying to project.

And I'm not playing the victim. Pr expressed confusion over why the issue even mattered and I gave him my assessment of the situation as it appeared from my perspective. I honestly don't know why you've turned that assessment into yet another thing to argue about. It's honestly as irrelevant a thing to turn into a fight as usage of the phrase "side effect" was in the first place.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 02:13 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Re: How the hell can Superman beat Silver Surfer?

Originally posted by RadZoa
How can a bloodlusted Superman beat a bloodlusted Silver Surfer?

He cant smile

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 02:20 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I already told you exactly what I see, what aren't you getting about it?

That's just nonsense. There are no speed lines going outwards.

Later we see the debris falling in the black hole as well.

And it was never stated as an explosion.
quote:

I didn't say anything about the destruction of the planet, I said that Surfer's energy overpowered Morg's and KO'd him.

Another nonsense. It's never shown that he overpowered Morg. Just that combined power of the energy koed Morg.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 03:01 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Naija boy
He cant smile

Of course he can.

Maybe not to the version of Surfer that Surfer fanboys masturbate but to claim he simply can't?

He can literally erase him from existence with a single word. Try your kryptonite, red sun and whatever nonsense but claiming he can't beat Silver Eunuch?

Sheer nonsense.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 03:04 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah but don't forget, by the time COIE happened, in general pre crisis Kryptonians had already lost a lot of their bluster. DC had been scailing back Supes powers for a while even before they rebooted the universe. That's not to say that they weren't still impressive, just that they weren't near the hight of their power. I mean don't forget, Post Crisis Powergirl was technically a Pre Crisis Kryptonian.

No she wasn't. She was retconned into being an Atlantean post Crisis and then was futher weakened. After getting surgery iirc. She only slowly regained Kryptonian power levels in Johns JSA, Superman Ending Battle storyline opener by Johns she's effected by Kryptonite, in Superman/Batman #4 by Loeb refers to that Ending Battle instance , and Supergirl 1-5 Loeb storyline while proximity to Post Birthright Kara as art of the Earth 2 reveal culminating in JSA Classified 1-3 and Infinite Crisis with the Return of Kal-L

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 03:07 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yeah but don't forget, by the time COIE happened, in general pre crisis Kryptonians had already lost a lot of their bluster. DC had been scailing back Supes powers for a while even before they rebooted the universe. That's not to say that they weren't still impressive, just that they weren't near the hight of their power. I mean don't forget, Post Crisis Powergirl was technically a Pre Crisis Kryptonian.

Seriously? This is how COIE literally ended.

(please log in to view the image)

"With a punch that could shatter stars".

Guess who stalemated that same version of Superman while bloodlusted?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 03:13 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by abhilegend

That's golden age Supes, which means an alternate universe version of the character. My point is that just a character is a "PC Kryptonian" it doesn't mean that they should automatically be considered equal to silver aged Supes at the height of his power. even Pre Crisis characters function on a broad range. Post Crisis Powergirl and Superboy Prime are both Pre Crisis Kryptonians after all.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 03:31 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by panthergod
No she wasn't. She was retconned into being an Atlantean post Crisis and then was futher weakened. After getting surgery iirc. She only slowly regained Kryptonian power levels in Johns JSA, Superman Ending Battle storyline opener by Johns she's effected by Kryptonite, in Superman/Batman #4 by Loeb refers to that Ending Battle instance , and Supergirl 1-5 Loeb storyline while proximity to Post Birthright Kara as art of the Earth 2 reveal culminating in JSA Classified 1-3 and Infinite Crisis with the Return of Kal-L

Yes retconned, but for a time she was officially a Pre Crisis Kryptonian and wasn't exactly portrayed as being close to the level of silver age Supes at the height of his portrayels.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 03:33 PM
h1a8

Superman has survived black holes and held them too. I don't think Surfers blasts are going to do a lot to Superman.
Both are fast, Superman has better reaction feats though. Superman has shown the ability to multitask his powers on multiple occasions.

Superman should win more often than not unless Surfer uses Red sun radiation. Then the fight goes slightly into his favor.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 03:41 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes retconned, but for a time she was officially a Pre Crisis Kryptonian and wasn't exactly portrayed as being close to the level of silver age Supes at the height of his portrayels.

Why would she? She's from Earth 2. She's Golden Age Kryptonian level. Roughly half as powerful as Earth 1 Kryptonian. And Even Pre Crisis Kryptonians ceased to be s ridiculous in he Bronze Age.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 03:45 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

One that I recall and those are direct comparisions to Byrne era Superman are

Pocket Superboy with the pre crisis legion and Andromeda. Maybe also Mon El.

But for sure Pocket Superboy was portrayed as a powerful pre crisis kryptonian and that was a direct comparison to Byrne Superman.

IIRC he was capable of withstand the energies to destroy the pocketverse and still had enough power to time travel before dying.

Pocketverse Superboy was a beast and even so Clark knew that the only way He will lose it will be by Pocket verse killing him.
So even Byrne era Superman on a direct comparision with pocket verse Superboy suggest that the only way a Pre crisis kryptonian will defeat Byrne Superman was only with the use of deadly force.

And this pre crisis kryptonian that was directly compared to Byrne Era Superman was capable to conduct the energies to destroy a pocket verse and still being able to time travel while deadly injured.

That is how powerfull they were exactly at the moment of the direct comparision with Byrne Superman.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 03:49 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by panthergod
Why would she? She's from Earth 2. She's Golden Age Kryptonian level. Roughly half as powerful as Earth 1 Kryptonian. And Even Pre Crisis Kryptonians ceased to be s ridiculous in he Bronze Age.

That's my point. People have a tendency to act like any showing that has a Pre Crisis Kryptonian on the other side is automatically uber in nature. I've simply been pointing out that by the time the Crisis rolled around such was not the case. That doesn't mean the showings aren't impressive, they're just not automatically staggering in nature. Mention the words "Pre Crisis Kryptonian" and a lot of people's minds immediately go to Silver Age Supes's best portrayals without acknowledging that fact.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 04:41 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
One that I recall and those are direct comparisions to Byrne era Superman are

Pocket Superboy with the pre crisis legion and Andromeda. Maybe also Mon El.

But for sure Pocket Superboy was portrayed as a powerful pre crisis kryptonian and that was a direct comparison to Byrne Superman.

IIRC he was capable of withstand the energies to destroy the pocketverse and still had enough power to time travel before dying.

Pocketverse Superboy was a beast and even so Clark knew that the only way He will lose it will be by Pocket verse killing him.
So even Byrne era Superman on a direct comparision with pocket verse Superboy suggest that the only way a Pre crisis kryptonian will defeat Byrne Superman was only with the use of deadly force.

And this pre crisis kryptonian that was directly compared to Byrne Era Superman was capable to conduct the energies to destroy a pocket verse and still being able to time travel while deadly injured.

That is how powerfull they were exactly at the moment of the direct comparision with Byrne Superman.

Pocketverse=Alternate universe=not directly comparible.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 04:44 PM
carver9

Originally posted by abhilegend

With hands that could juggle suns.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/196...04-002.jpg.html

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 05:00 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by carver9

That's not what that says.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 05:08 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

That's golden age Supes, which means an alternate universe version of the character. My point is that just a character is a "PC Kryptonian" it doesn't mean that they should automatically be considered equal to silver aged Supes at the height of his power. even Pre Crisis characters function on a broad range. Post Crisis Powergirl and Superboy Prime are both Pre Crisis Kryptonians after all.

Haha, WTF? Kal-L was actually weaker than Earth 1 Superman.

And Superboy Prime had some of the most insane showings out there.
Originally posted by carver9

Handfuls of the suns. Try to read sometimes.

erm

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 05:30 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Pocketverse=Alternate universe=not directly comparible.

Pocket verse Superboy was a direct comparasion to a PC Kryptonian in case you didn't knew.

He wasn't a PC Kryptonian from earth 1 universe but he was the equivalent according to Byrne of a Pre Crisis Kryptonian.

Also Jurgens pitted Byrne Superman vs Pre Crisis Kryptonians and by that time Superman was able to take on forces that disrupted space and time as he was charged with chronal energies from the linear men IIRC.

It doesn't look good for Surfer that even Byrne Superman was able to take on this guys portrayed at those power levels.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2017 05:45 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote