KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How the hell can Superman beat Silver Surfer?

How the hell can Superman beat Silver Surfer?
Started by: RadZoa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smurph
You really helped clear up that Surfer generated a black hole... as a secondary effect to his energy discharge.

Except it was stated as his main goal.

It didn't say he discharged energy in honor of Airwalker. It says he "generated " a black hole.

Let me know if you want to understand what the bolded part means.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 07:52 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Pretty good! You?

It has been... I was gone for a bit, and I wasn't sure if you were still lurking here or not. Happy birthday... don't party too late, old man.

Yup I still like to lurk, me going back to actually bothing to chime in my 2 cents is still a relatively recent even though. Most of the time it's not worth the trouble.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 07:53 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Someone want to post actual scans of the entire black hole incident?

Not that it really matters as Superman has held a black hole in his hands.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 07:56 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

The black hole was an accompanying, consequential effect of an energy blast. It's worth specifying that the black hole was an accompanying, consequential effect of a different action that Surfer took because, intended or otherwise, it emphasizes that the black hole was created indirectly, and therefore with greater ease.

Man, if only we had a word for that....
The Surfer wanted to create a blackhole, and the energy blast was specifically for that purpose. If the sole purpose of the energy discharge is to create a black hole, that is its primary effect, and not a side-effect.

I'll ask you the question again, try not to dodge it this time, smurphy:
If I wanted to give you a black eye and punched you in it, is the black eye a side effect, or the primary effect of what I wanted?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just wanted to wish an happy birthday to Leonidas. embarrasment

RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by darthgoober
You refusing to acknowledge the validity isn't the same as "debunking".

I don't do you. There is literally nothing that indicates Morg had WOL.

Roldz being a silver surfer fanboy latched to an imaginary argument and then ran away.

In hindsight he is your colleague after all.
quote:

Not on KMC. On KMC feats matter and since this is the place where the debates are taking place that's just the way is whether you like it or not.

Oh I like it. That's why I know Superman can not be even hurt by Surfer because he tanked a multiversal black hole.

But wait, that does not matters, right? Only surfer gets the high end feats. All others are done by averages? Right?

abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

@abhi..

Here is a couple energy blast use by Surfer In defeating his opponents.

(please log in to view the image)

And yes that's Morg with WOL, the same Morg that survive the ultimate Nullifier.

The same Champion that walk through Thanos blast, should be how he is written.

Then there is also this, the same guy that survive said so black hole.

My Artwork

Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by abhilegend

It didn't say he discharged energy in honor of Airwalker. It says he "generated " a black hole.

Surfer generates a black hole to honor his friend's passing...that obviously means he didn't intend it, and it was just a side effect!

~ Smurph

Since we're on birthday theme, it's like saying somebody lighting the candles of Leo's cake would be a side-effect of the fire.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 07:58 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Cogito

Here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...=1#post16177954

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 07:59 PM
darthgoober

Roldz being a silver surfer fanboy latched to an imaginary argument and then ran away.

Oh I like it. That's why I know Superman can not be even hurt by Surfer because he tanked a multiversal black hole.

But wait, that does not matters, right? Only surfer gets the high end feats. All others are done by averages? Right?

Again, I haven't even mentioned Supes's feats. I'm simply pointing out that feats matter on KMC despite your desire to say that they don't.

darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Nothing imaginary about it bru, I posted a scan about it a while back and it was in the Annihilation story and also in Morgs annihilation bio.

My Artwork

Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Well, I've been helping Phil with definitions, so I got you covered on this one: generated does not mean 'main goal'.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/generated

And also, a main goal can be an "accompanying, consequential effect".

Originally posted by Philosophía
The Surfer wanted to create a blackhole, and the energy blast was specifically for that purpose. If the sole purpose of the energy discharge is to create a black hole, that is its primary effect, and not a side-effect.

I'll ask you the question again, try not to dodge it this time, smurphy:
If I wanted to give you a black eye and punched you in it, is the black eye a side effect, or the primary effect of what I wanted?

If you punched me in the face, no, I don't think that I would describe the black eye as the primary effect of the punch, even if it was your priority, or the only effect you cared about causing.

I would tell you that the primary effect would probably be pain.

Obviously this is all a matter of perspective, which brings us back the point: it's worth specifying that the black hole was an "accompanying, consequential effect", because it underlines that Surfer created it in a roundabout way, which emphasizes the ease with which he did it. It offers that perspective.

There are more particular ways that you could describe the feat, I just don't think this way is wrong, and I think it better emphasizes the important part of the feat (imo) than simply saying that Surfer created a black hole.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 08:03 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Philosophía
Surfer generates a black hole to honor his friend's passing...that obviously means he didn't intend it, and it was just a side effect!

~ Smurph

Since we're on birthday theme, it's like saying somebody lighting the candles of Leo's cake would be a side-effect of the fire.

Are you really still railing against the term? You offered to get a mod ruling on it and I said I was totally cool with that. Go ahead and get their input on the matter.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 08:05 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Ambient
@abhi..

Here is a couple energy blast use by Surfer In defeating his opponents.

And yes that's Morg with WOL, the same Morg that survive the ultimate Nullifier.

Hahaha, what? Thing and Spider-Man have survived Ultimate Nullifier as well.

Surfer and Morg's combined blast defeated Morg as Morg was already dazed when he crash landed on the planet.
quote:

The same Champion that walk through Thanos blast, should be how he is written.

LMAO, what? Are you back for your yearly ass whooping?

That's Champion before he got the power gem. In fact he got the gem at the end of the arc in SS v3 18. Are you really that desperate?
quote:

Then there is also this, the same guy that survive said so black hole.

Surfer didn't even ko Ravenous AFTER he killed his curr.

Don't send a surfer to do a ronan's job.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

That's some black hole level attack right there.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 08:05 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Again, I haven't even mentioned Supes's feats. I'm simply pointing out that feats matter on KMC despite your desire to say that they don't.

Except when they suit your agenda, they don't.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 08:07 PM
Philosophía

If you punched me in the face, no, I don't think that I would describe the black eye as the primary effect of the punch, even if it was your priority, or the only effect you cared about causing.

I would tell you that the primary effect would probably be pain.

Why is it a side-effect, when the intent of my action is specifically for that effect?

Tell me, smurphy, what is the primary effect of Silver Surfer's blast, so that the side-effect is the black hole?

Obviously this is all a matter of perspective, which brings us back the point: it's worth specifying that the black hole was an "accompanying, consequential effect", because it underlines that Surfer created it in a roundabout way, which emphasizes the ease with which he did it. It offers that perspective.

How would he do it in a non-roundabout way?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 08:08 PM
Smurph
------

Yup I still like to lurk, me going back to actually bothing to chime in my 2 cents is still a relatively recent even though. Most of the time it's not worth the trouble.
thumb up

I'm not around super often anymore but I visit sometimes. Probably whenever I get a break between school or work projects.

Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Cogito

Don't reopen that Pandora's can of worms

psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Except when they suit your agenda, they don't.

thumb up

No they always matter to some degree, just like character comparisons. I freely acknowledge that basically everything in comics has to be taken with a grain of salt, but that's far different than suggesting that either category isn't worth considering.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 08:10 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Well, I've been helping Phil with definitions, so I got you covered on this one: generated does not mean 'main goal'.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/generated

Except when it's the only thing mentioned as a product.

Surfer didn't "generate" an energy blast, he "generated" a black hole.

If you want, I can make it even simpler smurphy.
quote:

And also, a main goal can be an "accompanying, consequential effect".

Except that's just contradictory. But at least you amended that the creation of the black hole was main goal.

It's a start.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 08:11 PM