KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thragg VERSUS World War Hulk

Thragg or World War Hulk
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thragg KO'S World War Hulk 2 12.50%
World War Hulk KO's Thragg 2 12.50%
Thragg Beats World War Hulk To Death 6 37.50%
World War Hulk Beats Thragg To Death 6 37.50%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thragg VERSUS World War Hulk
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deathslash
Warlord and Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
He outreacted a being who has shown 100 times the speed of light. Hope that helps.
and that being is? What was the context of the showing? May I see some scans? Does Hulk normally react at that level of speed (we both know the answer to that)? I'm gonna need a bit more to go off of, so please back that statement up with proof.

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 04:56 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
Forever Unworthy

Gladiator I assume. Not that Gladiator was moving that fast when they fought.

"Gods are vain and vengeful creatures. The mortals who worshiped us for centuries...would be better off without us."
Thanks Galan

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 05:09 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

He fought Hercules, Namor, Wonderman, Ironman, along with a group of others at the same time while dying. He also recently temp fought Thor, Hyperion, Ms Marvel, etc... at once. There's another fight against the Avengers where he fought a slew of heavy hitters. I'll find it for ya.

? Issue # ?

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 05:51 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Omni-Lord|

Originally posted by deathslash
and that being is? What was the context of the showing? May I see some scans? Does Hulk normally react at that level of speed (we both know the answer to that)? I'm gonna need a bit more to go off of, so please back that statement up with proof.
Originally posted by Sin I AM
? Issue # ?

Posted the scan before. Don't feel like going through my photobucket.

全王

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 07:35 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Damborgson

Yep. He asked me if Hulk has outreacted a super fast being and he has outreacted one of the fastest beings in comics.

On ignore list: Darksaint

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 08:38 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Damborgson

This particular Hulk was able to hit a speeding Sentry without much of a problem. Would that be enough proof that he would be able to hit Thragg? Carver was mentioning a Hulk that was separated from Banner and dying in the process of taking on Wonder Man, Hercules, Doc Samson, Iron Man, and Namor, and beating up on them. According to canon, that Hulk was inferior to the Hulk that appeared in WW Hulk who was known as the Green Scar. Keep in mind that the Hulk of WW Hulk era held back drastically the entire time. This in effect lowered his speed, durability, healing, and several of his other innate abilities. All of the Hulks abilities increase as he grows stronger, which was mentioned, and which was taken note of by Wolverine, and later still witnessed when Bi-Beast, and Wendigo hit him with all of their might only to realize that he didn't feel the impacts. An event that was later proven during the Heart of the Monster story, which is something that most people should know, unless they want to ignore the fact that he held back the entire time while on Earth.

In my honest opinion, Thragg would beat the hell out of this particular Hulk if he (the Hulk) was actively holding back while Thragg went all out. doesn't seem fair to limit one while allowing the other to go for broke does it? On the other hand, I think that this particular Hulk would destroy Thragg if he went all out, and since this fight is taking place on neutral ground with no threat of harming innocent life, the Hulk should tear Thragg apart. This is after all the reason why the Hulk at the very end of the WW Hulk series, screamed and begged for someone to please stop him while he fought against releasing enough force that would have killed all life on Earth.

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 08:50 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

? Issue # ?

Which one?

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 08:58 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So why are we using ALL of Hulk's feats, when thread clearly states WWH?

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 09:04 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Stoic
This particular Hulk was able to hit a speeding Sentry without much of a problem. Would that be enough proof that he would be able to hit Thragg? Carver was mentioning a Hulk that was separated from Banner and dying in the process of taking on Wonder Man, Hercules, Doc Samson, Iron Man, and Namor, and beating up on them. According to canon, that Hulk was inferior to the Hulk that appeared in WW Hulk who was known as the Green Scar. Keep in mind that the Hulk of WW Hulk era held back drastically the entire time. This in effect lowered his speed, durability, healing, and several of his other innate abilities. All of the Hulks abilities increase as he grows stronger, which was mentioned, and which was taken note of by Wolverine, and later still witnessed when Bi-Beast, and Wendigo hit him with all of their might only to realize that he didn't feel the impacts. An event that was later proven during the Heart of the Monster story, which is something that most people should know, unless they want to ignore the fact that he held back the entire time while on Earth.

In my honest opinion, Thragg would beat the hell out of this particular Hulk if he (the Hulk) was actively holding back while Thragg went all out. doesn't seem fair to limit one while allowing the other to go for broke does it? On the other hand, I think that this particular Hulk would destroy Thragg if he went all out, and since this fight is taking place on neutral ground with no threat of harming innocent life, the Hulk should tear Thragg apart. This is after all the reason why the Hulk at the very end of the WW Hulk series, screamed and begged for someone to please stop him while he fought against releasing enough force that would have killed all life on Earth.

Hulk doesn't kill. Even when at his worst, when he found out one of his own Warbound brothers had killed his wife and child, and that he had become a monster like the Red King - FOR NO REASON - and said Warbound brother had hurt one of his oldest friends - he still did not tear him apart.

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 09:07 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Which one?

Either. I can find the issue myself. I just need the number.

And i asked for a scan of him owning two elites like mark and his pops who were getting casually ragdolled thragg (iirc battlebeast was also there and got one shot). Im looking for a similar scene

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 09:13 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

Originally posted by Galan007

laughing out loud

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 09:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Either. I can find the issue myself. I just need the number.

And i asked for a scan of him owning two elites like mark and his pops who were getting casually ragdolled thragg (iirc battlebeast was also there and got one shot). Im looking for a similar scene

Incredible Hulk 314-319. Also check out Incredible Hulk annual #14.

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 10:14 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Incredible Hulk 314-319. Also check out Incredible Hulk annual #14.

Carver. Byrne Hulk isnt impressive. Weve been over this.

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 11:00 PM
carver9

Carver. Byrne Hulk isnt impressive. Weve been over this.

You asked for a showing so I gave it to you

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 11:04 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

You asked for a showing so I gave it to you

He didnt do anything. He got one shot by samsom, bounced around by tony/simon, he swatted away namor and stalemated herc...who felt Hulk was beneath him and left him

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 11:09 PM
carver9

He didnt do anything. He got one shot by samsom, bounced around by tony/simon, he swatted away namor and stalemated herc...who felt Hulk was beneath him and left him

Look at the comic again. Gave You what you asked for.

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 11:18 PM
cdtm
@#$%

Battlebeast would stomp Hulk, let alone Thragg.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 12:10 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Well there was a mod ruling stating that WWH gets access to the feats of less powerful versions...

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 12:35 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Hulk doesn't kill. Even when at his worst, when he found out one of his own Warbound brothers had killed his wife and child, and that he had become a monster like the Red King - FOR NO REASON - and said Warbound brother had hurt one of his oldest friends - he still did not tear him apart.

He'd have the power to beat him up in neutral space. The reason that he held back on Earth was because of the risk of innocent lives. In this scenario, he wouldn't have to pull his punches.

It occurred to me that in a neutral setting this particular Hulk wouldn't have to hold back, and while attempting to limit him on the feats that were solely seen within the WW Hulk series is fine, we can't forget that he held back the entire time because he didn't want to kill any innocents. Thragg is hardly innocent and shouldn't be treated as such in this particular scenario. Like I stated in my above post, if the Hulk actively held back against Thragg like he did when he was on Earth, he'd get trashed, but the complexion of things change drastically when you remove innocent bi-standers from the equation.

You can choose to believe one or two things in this instance.

1. Knowing what type of threat Thragg poses to him, he willingly chooses to dial back the bulk of his power, and take a beating rivaling the one that Zeus handed to him.

-----------------Or.--------------------

2. He realizes that there are no innocent lives at stake (this is the most important piece), and decides to unleash the bulk of his power that he held firmly in check during the WW Hulk series for fear of killing the innocent. Without ignoring character, we have clear proof that he was capable of unleashing more power than it would take to remove Thragg from play in this instance, and possibly do so without actually killing Thragg.

On neutral ground, I firmly believe that this particular Hulk would win unless he actively attempted to hold back.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 12:39 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Stoic
It occurred to me that in a neutral setting this particular Hulk wouldn't have to hold back, and while attempting to limit him on the feats that were solely seen within the WW Hulk series is fine, we can't forget that he held back the entire time because he didn't want to kill any innocents. Thragg is hardly innocent and shouldn't be treated as such in this particular scenario. Like I stated in my above post, if the Hulk actively held back against Thragg like he did when he was on Earth, he'd get trashed, but the complexion of things change drastically when you remove innocent bi-standers from the equation.

You can choose to believe one or two things in this instance.

1. Knowing what type of threat Thragg poses to him, he willingly chooses to dial back the bulk of his power, and take a beating rivaling the one that Zeus handed to him.

-----------------Or.--------------------

2. He realizes that there are no innocent lives at stake (this is the most important piece), and decides to unleash the bulk of his power that he held firmly in check during the WW Hulk series for fear of killing the innocent. Without ignoring character, we have clear proof that he was capable of unleashing more power than it would take to remove Thragg from play in this instance, and possibly do so without actually killing Thragg.

On neutral ground, I firmly believe that this particular Hulk would win unless he actively attempted to hold back.

Actually, I believe that in the default neutral location has spectators present so Hulk WOULD have reason to hold back for fear of harming innocents. Unless his opponent did something to wipe them out himself course. I'm not 100% sure about that though, I just think I remember it being mentioned at some point by the mods.

Last edited by darthgoober on May 3rd, 2017 at 12:46 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 12:42 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote