KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thragg VERSUS World War Hulk

Thragg or World War Hulk
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thragg KO'S World War Hulk 2 12.50%
World War Hulk KO's Thragg 2 12.50%
Thragg Beats World War Hulk To Death 6 37.50%
World War Hulk Beats Thragg To Death 6 37.50%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thragg VERSUS World War Hulk
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
Actually, I believe that in the default neutral location has spectators present so Hulk WOULD have reason to hold back for fear of harming innocents. Unless his opponent did something to wipe them out himself course. I'm not 100% sure about that though, I just think I remember it being mentioned at some point by the mods.

Well actually in all fairness this is the Hulk vs Thragg on neutral ground. True neutrality would work in favor of both and not become a hindrance or detriment to one of the characters involved.

In order for us to glean which character was truly the mightiest in said contest, placing spectators on the sidelines would become a hindrance to one while aiding the other. No bi-standers present would be the fair way to see things.

Or, Thragg would and could do a number of things like trying to kill them while the Hulk tried to protect them, which would also mean that the Hulk would have to actively dial back his own power to within the range that we saw during the WW Hulk series. Not at all fair. Do you see my point? Bi-standers being present nullifies the question in its truest form, and allows for one combatant to operate under optimal capacity, while crippling the other. Again not at all fair.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 12:58 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Badabing
Hulk thunderclaps and Thragg drops to a fetal position crying. Like LOB before Raptor Bada. thumb up

JURASSIC LIES!!!

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 01:49 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuleecat

Originally posted by cdtm
Battlebeast would stomp Hulk, let alone Thragg.

No, no, no...nobody from the Invincible-verse is 'stomping' WWH, least of all Battlebeast. He's a great character, but that's ridiculous.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 01:52 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Stoic
Well actually in all fairness this is the Hulk vs Thragg on neutral ground. True neutrality would work in favor of both and not become a hindrance or detriment to one of the characters involved.

In order for us to glean which character was truly the mightiest in said contest, placing spectators on the sidelines would become a hindrance to one while aiding the other. No bi-standers present would be the fair way to see things.

Or, Thragg would and could do a number of things like trying to kill them while the Hulk tried to protect them, which would also mean that the Hulk would have to actively dial back his own power to within the range that we saw during the WW Hulk series. Not at all fair. Do you see my point? Bi-standers being present nullifies the question in its truest form, and allows for one combatant to operate under optimal capacity, while crippling the other. Again not at all fair.

Hey I totally understand what you're saying, I was just pointing out that I think I remember one of the mods saying at some point that there were spectators present. Probably as a way to discourage out of character tactics for heroes like blowing up the entire area. And as I said, it's entirely possible that I'm remembering wrongly about the spectators so feel free to ask one of them for clarification.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 02:32 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
JURASSIC LIES!!!
Dog of Jor El...KNEEL before LiZod!

(please log in to view the image)

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 03:47 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

laughing out loud

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 03:48 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by carver9
Look at the comic again. Gave You what you asked for.

Ok. IH 314. We have a new kind of Hulk. A more grim/dire character which is illustrated by his new savageness in the opening pages

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

^^This is not the dumb Hulk were are accustomed to up until this point. Who would have relished a chance to chill in the forest communing with woodland creatures. A more savage persona. The fact that hed one shot kill a deer shows he means business.

Anyway he bounds around and happens chance to stumble into Doc Samson at a desert base. The old Doc making a run for the worst psychiatrist in comics (Harley Quinn who?) decides to deride the green behemoth by pleading with Banner to calm down/take control.

As you can see Samson gets wrecked.

At this point Doc is koed. Banner in an attempt to regain control over the beast projects phantom enemies to Hulks mind (odd since up until this point its been established that they are one and the same. Hulk has a fight with ghosts (Juggs, Rhino, Modok, etc) until Samson wakes back up.

Samson being out of his league and knowing Hulk thinks hes fake takes a golden opportunity to get a feat for his respect thread.

Jeez look at the size diff.

Anyway he one shots the mook.

This is our intro to Byrnes Hulk.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 05:07 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Look at the comic again. Gave You what you asked for.

Now. In my previous post i tried to give a little background to Byrnes Hulk. Show you a new persona and what was going on with him. Any 315 pushes the plot forward. Samson initiates a nutrino-bath (classic Hulk theme) to seperate the man from the monster. As usual its successful and as usual without Bruce to rein him in our jolly jade giant runs amuk: cue Avengers.

Or atleast two of them. Tony and Simon (not Belmont the cool one but the lame ionic one) decide to engage. If you notice the dialogue Stark tells the WM to fall back "hes got this".

He obviously doesnt and besides a nice uppercut and a few repulser blasts he only serves to piss him off. Lucky for him WM had the assist.

They proceed to get wrecked. Until Herc saves their collective asses. He is a big gun after all.

Hulk isnt taking this disrespect lying down so he responds in kind. Pushing herc off and no selling Namor.

Up till now the Avengers havent put him down. And herc is the only one who can truly face him. As as you see from this point on its no longer a Hulk vs Avengers fight but a Hulk vs Herc one

Samson comes to Hulks aid (sorta) and fights the remaining avengers. While herc deals with Hulk. Its weird because according to Herc, Samson is the larger threat and he leaves his raging partner to go help his buds.

And thats it..hulk walks off panel..and samson berates the avengers for causing destruction. Ironic since its his fault they (hulk/banner) are seperated to begin with. Its a non fight imo. I mean yes he handled Tony/Simon rather easy and he no selled Namor but it wasnt really a drawn out brawl. Plus Herc atleast had him stalemated until Herc lost interest. The rest kinda hung back/dealt with Samson from that point.

So like I said. This fight is nothing like the Thragg vs Battle Beast/Invincible/Omni-Man fight were he one shot BB and raped the father/son duo.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 05:07 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

That fight is such a great showing for herc and hulk

Thanks Estacado

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 10:03 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Bump

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 07:21 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Hulk still loses.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 08:04 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Sin did some major misleading with those scans.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 08:31 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

No she didn't

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 08:40 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by deathslash
Hulk still loses.

👍

Lol

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
No she didn't

😙

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 10:51 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Real life Misdirection!!! eek!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 11:41 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
No she didn't

Yes, she did.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 12:07 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by "Id"
Real life Misdirection!!! eek!

He insulted me today.

Said he once thought I was one of the best posters. From him, there is no greater insult.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 12:16 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Yes, she did.

how so carver? y are u sullying my reputation

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 02:25 AM
carver9

Lol...im not trying to make you look bad, you just forgot a comic full of pages in your scans.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 02:51 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Lol...im not trying to make you look bad, you just forgot a comic full of pages in your scans.

oh go for it...i honestly cant remember. it wont hurt my feelings, what did i leave out?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 03:06 AM