KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Dark Tower (2017)

The Dark Tower (2017)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm not hearing good things about this. A shame, looks like it probably won't turn into a tv show.

Lol, what were they thinking making this only 95 minutes long?

Sounds like there was heavy editing battles backstage.

Wait these many years for the adaptation...then they end up making up on the cheap in Eastern Europe with some no-name director, and butcher the final edit. Just great.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 12:12 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by roughrider
Sounds like there was heavy editing battles backstage.

Wait these many years for the adaptation...then they end up making up on the cheap in Eastern Europe with some no-name director, and butcher the final edit. Just great.

Yep, seems like it potentially might have all been for nothing. It's a shame if Idris Elba was squandered.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 6th, 2017 at 01:24 AM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 01:22 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

As someone who's never read the book. Can I go see this and enjoy it as just a fun movie etc.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 09:51 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Insane Titan
As someone who's never read the book. Can I go see this and enjoy it as just a fun movie etc.

yes...

i've never read any of the books either

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 07:50 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
yes...

i've never read any of the books either
cool, cheers

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 05:32 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this is a pretty good movie... haven't read the books but a friend told me that they used several parts of the 1st book and a couple others.

I enjoyed this.. unlike others I do not let critics sway me one way or the other, I go and judge for myself.. that being said again if this makes money I will laugh so damn hard at people..

8/10
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, you've convinced me not to see it. thumb up

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 05:38 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Lol at box office being indicative of the movie's quality. thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 05:51 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Insane Titan
cool, cheers

i will prolly read the novels when i get the chance...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 09:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Lol at box office being indicative of the movie's quality. thumb up

Then i guess other movies with a poor box office is dogshit too..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 06:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Watched this. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it on some level. Idris Elba and Matthew Mchanahey (**** I don't want to look up how to spell his name) are both somewhat interesting, and even the kid is pretty good. I was interested enough to see where it was going, but I found myself laughing at it on several occasions and it really didn't go anywhere interesting. It's a bad movie. I was actually cheering for the monsters and demons and whatnot to be unleashed. They aren't shown enough. Seems like the film could have easily had another 20 or 30 minutes to make it more interesting. Instead it feels like just a half-assed attempt at sci-fi/fantasy. To me there is a disconnect between the technology and modern worlds and the fantasy elements and more archaic realms (is that the right word?) and the Man in Black's sorcery. And it really felt like the mythology wasn't layed out well enough. I can totally see why critics slammed this. It's a bad movie.

Oh, did I mention the terrible Coca-Cola product placement?

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Oh, I just got more interest in this. I didn't realize Jackie Earle Haley is in it.

(please log in to view the image)

He's great on Preacher.

He is extremely underused and just sort of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: gets shot and hit by a car and dies... haha.. I laughed at that part.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 12:15 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote