KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Hellboy (2019)

Hellboy (2019)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

Maybe not so much the Costume as the FACE. It makes Hellboy look like he was sucking on lemons when eh suddenly smelt a really bad Shit. Looks like it can only do Angry Old Man Emotion. Kind of like "Get off My Lawn You damn kids...OHH They Took a Shit on my Lawn!'

Movie looks like it could be good.

Still think the Blood Queen Story is not the best one to try and start a Franchise With.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 05:44 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
That's pretty gay. Too soon for a reboot. Why not let Del Toro and Perlman do their third movie rated R? It's even gained sort of a cult status.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:19 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Maybe not so much the Costume as the FACE. It makes Hellboy look like he was sucking on lemons when eh suddenly smelt a really bad Shit. Looks like it can only do Angry Old Man Emotion. Kind of like "Get off My Lawn You damn kids...OHH They Took a Shit on my Lawn!'

Movie looks like it could be good.

Still think the Blood Queen Story is not the best one to try and start a Franchise With.

Okay, yeah, sorry for the disconnect.
The face is something a few ppl have pointed out.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:33 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Course it might just be the weay David Harbor's face just is...

(please log in to view the image)

Grumpy seems to be his most used facial expression.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 06:38 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

[B]Wrong. I think it looks better than Perlman's did.

It's ever-so-slightly grittier.

Even the Right Hand of Doom looks better in the Del Toro's films and more in line with the description of it.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2018 02:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Agreed on the Right Hand. The redesign is NOT better.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2018 05:33 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Eon Blue
quote:
That's pretty gay. Too soon for a reboot. Why not let Del Toro and Perlman do their third movie rated R? It's even gained sort of a cult status.

I'm not sure what your point is. I still would like to see Del Toro's third film and I also like the way this new one looks now that we've seen some footage from it. I like the idea of a darker R-rated version that still maintains some humor. In fact that might even be ideal for me.

But apparently Del Toro is notorious for demanding a high budget, and Hellboy II wasn't successful enough in the studio's judgement to warrant it. But it seems to me that if Del Toro really wanted to make the film and please fans he would agree to drop the budget some (that is the game after all). He's probably got some stubbornness himself.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 12:54 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 11:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote:
“There’s really a sense that you’re actually killing things, even if they are giants and monsters," Harbour told Empire. “You’re chopping their heads off, you’re bathing in their blood and you’re feeling the complex feelings of actually cutting the heart out of another thing.”

Hellboy Will Chop Off Heads, Bathe in Blood, Says David Harbour

Now that's what I'm talking about. thumb up

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 01:03 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Apparently the actual movie is good, It's Lionsgate that has ****ed up putting together the trailer.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 11:42 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^
You've seen the film, Kaz?

If you're referring to an article why you no link to it?

The trailer was odd to me at first, but it grew on me. It's a good teaser. I probably won't watch a full trailer.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 11:59 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^
You've seen the film, Kaz?

Obviously not when i say "Apparently the actual movie is good"

a post i seen somewhere, The person must have went to one of those test screenings and liked it alot.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 12:08 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

From this poster, I'm not just sure how this can possibly fail. This just looks awesome...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 01:24 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

People are just hoping it bombs because of the trailer.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 01:11 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

But it seems to me that if Del Toro really wanted to make the film and please fans he would agree to drop the budget some (that is the game after all). He's probably got some stubbornness himself. [/QUOTE]

Yeah Del Toro did want a bigger budget but it was Perlman's reluctance to do HB3 that ultimately led to its demise.

Perlman apparently hated the 7 hour process of getting the costume on.
He said it was emotionally draining to have to sit still in a chair for 7 hours & then expect to act afterwards whilst feeling hot & claustrophobic.

Del Toro wasn't interested in re-casting & both agreed to walk away from HB3.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 02:22 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hm.. that's interesting. I'm sure it's true that it's draining. I guess he's gotten too old for it.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 05:05 PM
Flyattractor

The more I see the trailer the more this movie looks "Maybe not so Bad". I am hoping for it to be as good as HB2. The Costume still don't look all that good.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 08:09 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
...it was Perlman's reluctance to do HB3 that ultimately led to its demise.

Hmm.. that's not the story I'm getting here...

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...t-about-hellboy

Old Post Jan 4th, 2019 01:25 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Hmm.. that's not the story I'm getting here...

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...t-about-hellboy

Yeah that sounds pretty reasonable if it's straight from Perlman voicing his disappointment.

I came across a youtube clip of actors hating the long process of getting into their costumes that they were willing to walk away from the franchise. Bale & Perlman were mentioned.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2019 02:43 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm sure it's no fun sitting that long for full-body makeup... I'm sure no one likes it, but it doesn't sound like that's the reason it was canned.

Del Toro's stubbornness to drop the budget seems more likely because the films were only marginally successful. Actually, it's surprising to me that it got a sequel in the first place, because going by the standard doubling of production budget neither of the first two films made a profit. They must have been saved on home video or something for them to even consider a sequel...

Hellboy
Hellboy 2

And personally I think the first film is much better partially because of the lower budget, but that's just me.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Jan 4th, 2019 at 02:15 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2019 02:11 PM