KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Hellboy (2019)

Hellboy (2019)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sounds like they're using this character going by the title for the movie, Unless of course its something entirely new

http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Queen_of_Blood

Old Post May 9th, 2017 01:08 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Plus, if you don't operate within the system and it doesn't get made, then what's the point??!

Robert Rodriguez didn't like the regulations & broke away from the system to create his own production company.

I hate to say it but maybe Hollywood just doesn't like Mexican directors?

Old Post May 9th, 2017 01:23 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
That's pretty gay. Too soon for a reboot.

Never too soon for the money grabbers... remember The Amazing Spider-Man?

Old Post May 9th, 2017 01:55 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I hate to say it but maybe Hollywood just doesn't like Mexican directors?

Yeah, they're not Jewish, are they? So of course Hollywood doesn't like them... lol

Old Post May 9th, 2017 02:18 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by queeq
Never too soon for the money grabbers... remember The Amazing Spider-Man?

Which one? stick out tongue

Old Post May 9th, 2017 07:06 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Really wanted a 3rd film with del Taco and Pearlman, as I'm a fan of the previous two, but this isn't shit news as we're getting another Hellboy and it being R is a good thing, imo. So long as the studio isn't sacred to invest due to the R and opens up the checkbook for some proper SFX and story.

I can see Harbour doing a good Hellboy and the director shows promise for a horror/sci-fi flick

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 9th, 2017 at 07:33 PM

Old Post May 9th, 2017 07:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

A Hellboy movie without Del Toro is like Metal Gear without Kojima: you never realized you had something good until you gave it the boot.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 9th, 2017 at 07:59 PM

Old Post May 9th, 2017 07:47 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Robtard
Really wanted a 3rd film with del Taco and Pearlman, as I'm a fan of the previous two, but this isn't shit news as we're getting another Hellboy and it being R is a good thing, imo. So long as the studio isn't sacred to invest due to the R and opens up the checkbook for some proper SFX and story.

Personally i just don't think a Hellboy movie needs to be R rated, From the comics that i've read it didn't scream R rated

they're just jumping on the bandwagon.

Old Post May 10th, 2017 01:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

It really doesnt.
I can do without HB saying ****, or seeing vampire boobs.

Old Post May 10th, 2017 05:04 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I can see Harbour doing a good Hellboy and the director shows promise for a horror/sci-fi flick

"del Taco and Pearlman" laughing out loud

With "Hell" in the title it would seem that an R-rating would be good, but I think the success of this character probably will only survive on a PG-13 rating. Hell, look at del Toro's films... they didn't exactly blow-up the box office. I'm actually surprised it got a sequel in the first place, let alone with a higher budget...

Hellboy I
Hellboy II

Old Post May 10th, 2017 12:21 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Wanted to see a 3rd film by Del Toro and Pearlman. So im not really a fan of a new Hellboy movie made by a different director and Hellboy actor. Even though im a fan of Harbour. Will still check it out because im a fan of the character and material.

Whats frustrating is that it was already going to conclude in the 3rd film as Hellboy was going to wreck havoc to humanity as was prophesied. Now we are going to get a reboot and start all over from the beginning most likely.

Last edited by Inhuman on May 10th, 2017 at 04:39 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2017 04:28 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Kazenji
Personally i just don't think a Hellboy movie needs to be R rated, From the comics that i've read it didn't scream R rated

they're just jumping on the bandwagon.

Need? No, the previous two were fine with a P-13 rating. But the R opens up the possibility of it being a bit more gritty and adult themed, which I'm all for.

Really depends what they do with the R. If they just add extra gore and a few "bad" words, it will be wasted. I'm thinking a Noir twist to the film would be great.

For sure, I'm certain they've looked at the success of Deadpool and Logan and how long/profitable R-rated superhero flicks have come since Blade.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 10th, 2017 04:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

When you've been drinking it happens.

Normally I'd agree Kaz but I'm not so sure this time

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 10th, 2017 05:37 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Need? No, the previous two were fine with a P-13 rating. But the R opens up the possibility of it being a bit more gritty and adult themed, which I'm all for.

Really depends what they do with the R. If they just add extra gore and a few "bad" words, it will be wasted. I'm thinking a Noir twist to the film would be great.

For sure, I'm certain they've looked at the success of Deadpool and Logan and how long/profitable R-rated superhero flicks have come since Blade.

I agree, but with the success of Deadpool and his pseudo-comedy they'll probably turn Hellboy into an annoying, unfunny smartass, too.

Old Post May 10th, 2017 06:10 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

First poster from cannes, Pretty good that they got Mike Mignola to do it

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...les-art-cannes/

Old Post May 17th, 2017 01:26 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote:
"Based on what we’ve heard so far, it’s going to be darker and more gruesome than Guillermo del Toro’s films..."

thumb up

Old Post May 17th, 2017 02:05 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Not that it needs to be darker more gruesome......... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 17th, 2017 02:34 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Not that it needs to be darker more gruesome......... roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, and I enjoy del Toro's first Hellboy film quite a lot, but darker and more gruesome could be cool for a character named HELLBOY.

Old Post May 17th, 2017 02:46 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Its got nothing to do with del Toro other films, The comics themselves aren't that gruesome to begin with.

Old Post May 17th, 2017 02:56 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Its got nothing to do with del Toro other films, The comics themselves aren't that gruesome to begin with.

Regardless, a new take on it is better than the same thing.

Old Post May 17th, 2017 03:02 PM