KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Gifted (FOX XMEN)

The Gifted (FOX XMEN)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
Decent start, reminds me a lot of Heroes but considering Heroes was X-Men without the costumes and names that's understandable.

That's exactly what I thought. It's got a serious Heroes vibe - which is no bad thing.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 02:19 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

that's interesting.

I didn't think of Heroes once.

I get the similarities, specifically the angle of Primatech hunting criminal supers, but literally nothing about this show has the "vibe" of 'Heroes'.

Tim Kring's other show 'Touch' has way more of a 'Heroes' vibe than this... hell, 'Sense8' had WAY more of a 'Heroes' vibe than this show.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 02:32 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

pretty decent season premiere last night

this show has promise

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 09:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just watched the first ep... It was all right. Only 2 complaints: Making a new character instead of using an existing one? Bad form. Second, Sage should be hotter.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 02:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Finally saw the first episode and Í thought it was alright though not really that exciting either. Still there's potential for good especially if Polaris and Blink get more stuff to do.

Or maybe in this ongoing pissing contest between Disney and Fox, this will just rest on simply not being a gigantic dumpster fire the Inhumans show is.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 03:50 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Boring as ****.
I can follow a lackluster show if at least one character, or actor/actress interests me.
This show didnt have any of that.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 04:58 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i agree. none of the characters stood out.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 05:06 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Blink was the only one I liked on first impression. The others were meh but more or less serviceable.

Not sure how long I'll follow this show. Nothing too exciting since it's kinda been there done that with the general premise, but I'm just happy to have a more team-based show for the mutant brand, even if it's average and not X-Men.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 05:12 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Loved it

Can't wait to see more of Polaris and how the kids and family escape the government

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 12:25 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I thought the pilot was okay. The problem for this show is that it starts with somewhat of a handicap, as the whole young people with powers persecuted by some shadow organisation shtick is hardly new territory. So, they are going to have to bring some fresh ideas to the table to keep the interest going.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:15 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^i'll be surprised if they bring those fresh ideas.
And like tou said, its nothing premise-wise. I've seen it done, with more appealing actors/characters.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This is also why I am wondering how The Runaways is going to go, and how closely they plan on following the source material there. Because that's also not that far off anymore (21th of November on Hulu, 26th of the same month on Showcase), yet I am not aware of any trailers or footage being released as of yet.

Also, not sure if anyone else has pointed this out anywhere yet, but it looks like a New Warriors sitcom-type show is in the works for 2018.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Oct 5th, 2017 at 04:53 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:50 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Best part of the episode was the X-Men TAS ringtone, for me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Also, not sure if anyone else has pointed this out anywhere yet, but it looks like a New Warriors sitcom-type show is in the works for 2018.

^^^this one i'll watch simply for the actress they cast as Squirrel Girl, Milana Vayntrub.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:21 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by -Pr-
Best part of the episode was the X-Men TAS ringtone, for me.

Yeah, that was golden.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:31 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^this one i'll watch simply for the actress they cast as Squirrel Girl, Milana Vayntrub.

I remember there was some complaining among a few SJW-types about how she was supposedly too attractive to play the role.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 07:39 AM
riv6672

Poor SJWs. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 09:29 AM
cdtm

Not many comments on this one.

Sure, it's only on episode 2, but still..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 01:11 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

this is shaping up to be trash.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 01:28 AM
cdtm

You know a shows bad, when your first thought is "I could be watching S.T.D."

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 01:32 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote