KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Gifted (FOX XMEN)

The Gifted (FOX XMEN)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I'm out

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 02:00 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Not many comments on this one.

Sure, it's only on episode 2, but still..

I liked episode 2 better than the pilot, but it was just kinda there; not too much to say about it.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 03:25 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The issue I have with this show so far is that it's just more of the same of what we've already gotten from the Fox X-verse. We've had similar territory covered in the original X-Men trilogy, as well as Logan.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 03:50 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The issue I have with this show so far is that it's just more of the same of what we've already gotten from the Fox X-verse. We've had similar territory covered in the original X-Men trilogy, as well as Logan.

It still has that Heroes feel to me. The blonde cheerleader, the dad that works for the government, the (relatively) young heroes learning how to use their powers, the government that wants to catch them...

But, I suppose that is unavoidable. That's basically the Marvel mutant blueprint and since Heroes was so popular there will inevitably be similarities, consciously or not. So far, for me, it has a pretty solid feel and at least the heroes aren't given too much time to sit around and feel sorry for themselves.

I try to give a new series at least 3 episodes before I make up my mind but so far it's a 7/10 on my entertainment scale, in other words I'm looking for forward to the next episode. What might spoil it for me is the writing, as so far it's been fairly predictable. Will see if I still think so after the next episode...

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 04:29 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Okay just saw the pilot, because why not.

Was shocked when I found myself actually enjoying it by the end.

If the show does well I’m sure we’ll get proper sentinels eventually.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 08:56 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Watched the first two episodes. Found it highly enjoyable

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 08:42 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The Strucker twins seem like Mutants with high potential

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 03:14 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Are they twins? He seems a couple of years younger than his sister. Perhaps I'm projecting Clare Bennett and her brother Lyle onto them, lol.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 05:25 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

In the comics they're like Northstsar and Aurora. Their powers activate when they touch and they're twins. In the comics though he shoots plasma blasts and she shoots disintegration beams.

They're not twins on this and have totally different powers.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 05:35 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Watched the first three, not a shit show like "Inhumnas" which I've bailed on already, but not sure I'm sticking with it. Going to give it a few more eps, hopefully it turns out to be another "Legion", a slow start but a good show by the end

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 05:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

how dare you make that comparison, tart.

'Legion' may have lacked tons of action in the beginning, but it was never boring and was a much higher quality show. This is show is basic af, very paint-by-numbers. I didn't watch third episode, but i doubt there was a bump in quality high enough to justify that comparison.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:22 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This show absolutely pales in comparison to Legion (at least IMO), even just comparing the first three episodes. Even in stages where Legion wasn't going very hard on the action, they were always doing interesting things with the story, visuals, cinematography etc. In comparison, as I have already said in previous posts, this show just feels like the same generic thing we've seen done more than once before.

And the actors in Legion really delivered too (Aubrey Plaza in particular). The actors on The Gifted do a fine enough job, but not quite on the level of people like Stevens or Plaza IMO.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 03:59 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

I personally can't get enough of the traditional X-Men/mutant stuff so I'm finding this show really enjoyable, and each episode has been slightly better than the last.

But 100% agreed that Legion is simply a far more quality show - I mean it's on par with the most artful, sophisticated stuff that TV has to offer. This is more in line with the quality of a show like Arrow - not bad but not great either. Or more aptly, something like Heroes post season 1.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 12:19 PM
GM_Nebaris is currently offline Click here to Send GM_Nebaris a Private Message Find more posts by GM_Nebaris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The one thing that I give the show props for is the setting. It's mostly present day, but mutants are still being rounded up and put in to camps. Shame that Sentinel Services doesn't have ACTUAL Sentinels, but otherwise I like it.

They really need to have a more main X-Man guest star though. Even one would be something.

Also, Esme needs to die.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 01:50 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Those little spiderbots are supposed to be the current Sentinels. The timeline change from DoFP gave them a serious shaft.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 07:39 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

This week's episode was cuckoos.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 02:25 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Those little spiderbots are supposed to be the current Sentinels. The timeline change from DoFP gave them a serious shaft.

Thought that. I don't like them either way.

Originally posted by Dreampanther
This week's episode was cuckoos.

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 07:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Am glad I ended up sticking through the season. The last few or couple episodes were damn solid. Kinda peeved at the ending though, even if I saw it coming.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 05:21 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Honestly, I'm barely hanging on with this. The story line is very meh/repetitive. The acting, no one really stands out. They're all basically just there. The twins are goddamn awful/annoying. I know they're teenagers and teenagers by nature are lame retards, but its getting too much. Even some of the adults at like lame retarded teenagers with their 24/7 angst.

Going to give the next season 2 (maybe 3) eps, if it doesn't improve I'm bailing.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 08:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Andy was the only one that was really annoyingly repetitive for me far as angst, and Polaris it was obvious they were building up to be a fem Magneto, who has a similar enough power-set anyway. Still, I see where you’re coming from.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 11:17 PM