KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Gifted (FOX XMEN)

The Gifted (FOX XMEN)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This show irritated me, because I genuinely feel like it had a ton of potential (especially showing us some things from the one human agent's perspective). But, in the end, it still just felt like a knock-off of one of the countless other young people with powers shows that's come and gone.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 03:11 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Agent Turner wasn’t really that interesting for me, though he had potential, yeah.

Meh. At the end of the day this was mainly just something to enjoy on the side while waiting for the X-Men to come back to their former glory after the Disney/Fox deal.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 03:27 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Eh, I am not too bothered about looking too far into the future. What I am personally keen for is Legion season 2, which is dropping in April.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 06:39 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TxG
Evil Genius

anyone got to watching the second season yet?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2018 02:25 PM
TxG is currently offline Click here to Send TxG a Private Message Find more posts by TxG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I watch it and like it.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 27th, 2018 04:52 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, am still enjoying it so far, and seems to be a decent improvement from the first season, although is not saying too much.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2018 01:00 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This is one of those shows that I put on as background filler a lot of the time. It's not bad. Just not really great either. At least to me, personally. And they often have to write a lot of PIS into the story for certain dramatic moments. Like the whole [SPOILER - highlight to read]: standoff with the Purifiers would have been more impactful if there wasn't a member of the Underground that could produce literally blinding flares of light to obscure people's vision/cause a distraction, but who instead chooses to attack with laser beams that hit nothing.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 01:37 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Reed having his powers remanifest has been the most interesting part for me as of late, and hope they go somewhere good with him once he gets a better handle of controlling his powers. Most of the characters at this point in the show have been fairly likable for me too surprisingly.

**** Rebecca though. The Mutant Uprising/Inner Circle made a mistake recruiting her.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 09:59 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The Purifiers are going to love her though lol. Great PR for them.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 05:47 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This show has actually been getting better in some regards IMO. It is actually managing to address topics relevant to the real world, but doing so in a relatively fair manner and showing the good and the ugly parts of both sides, which is something a lot of other shows fail to do.

Still don't care much for some of the personal drama stuff but, as a veteran of several CW DC shows, it doesn't bother me as much anymore.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 07:53 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The massacre this episode... ****ing depressing, but I guess was bound to happen eventually.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 04:17 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The idea that these mutants would lose to humans with guns is laughably pathetic

But then again the Underground is composed of total retards

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 01:16 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It's an adaption of the Mutant Massacre storyline in the comics, where the same shit pretty much happened once the Morlocks started getting targeted despite others trying to help.

The Underground's in a fractured divided state to the point they can't really do much at the moment. I feel for John/Thunderbird.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 01:30 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I was actually thinking while I was watching, "Huh, they could really do with some actual X-Men. Most of these guys are weak as shit." I could legitimately see a large number of the movie X-men characters laughably easily solo'ing the same crew that basically destroyed the Morlocks.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 02:24 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Erg (or Bishop standin) was pretty much the only strong one out of the Morlocks, but most of the other mutants in the show have strong powers, just only those with Reeva got to have actual training with their power, so is kind of unbalanced, in that the Underground doesnt have the X-Men kind of training or team experience. I like most of the individual members though, but there is only so much John or someone can do on their own. Them losing this much raises the stakes at least, but as long as the good guys still win in the end somehow, is all good I guess. Been enjoying this season unexpectedly well.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 03:22 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I was rooting when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Reed killed that one Purifier, and while the show doesn't have much of them, I did like the feelgood moment the end of the episode brought with the whole family reunion. Looking forward to the season finale next week, the bar has been set. Reeva was a needed villain for this show, who they've made me love to hate to the very end.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 03:25 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Season ended on a shitty note

We still know next to nothing about Reeva, the scenes were remarkably low budget, and most of the finale was nothing but flashbacks. There was hardly any massive war to speak of between the Underground and Reevas group, and Lorna and others jumped ship so many times it’s clear they can’t be trusted

Not looking forward to season 3

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 02:32 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Came to see if this was worth watching but it mostly seems to be negative impressions. I'll probably avoid this one.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 02:52 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I felt we knew enough about Reeva from her trauma flashback episode to get an idea of her motivations. Tho yeah, the ending was rushed which didn't surprise me too much, but glad at least the episode left me with a sense of closure unlike season 1 and its finale. The flashbacks of this episode were meant to tie in with the climax but it didn't mesh together too well, though I don't blame so-and-so for jumping ships with some of the extenuating circumstances there were.

Thunderbird knocking Erg around so that the latter could unleash his power on the Purifiers around the corner might've been my favorite part. lol Some of the characters have grown on me enough to at least give season 3 a chance, though don't know how to feel about the leadup to it with the cliffhanger.

But I mean again, wasn't expecting some masterpiece out of this series; just some enjoyable substitute to watch on the side while waiting for the eventual resurrection of the X-Men brand, and The Gifted's been okay for what it is, unless you're of the "If it's not great, it's shit" kind of mindset I guess.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 03:29 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Season ended on a shitty note

We still know next to nothing about Reeva, the scenes were remarkably low budget, and most of the finale was nothing but flashbacks. There was hardly any massive war to speak of between the Underground and Reevas group, and Lorna and others jumped ship so many times it’s clear they can’t be trusted

Not looking forward to season 3

there might not be a season 3

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 04:23 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote