KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Imperiex vs. Lifebringer

Imperiex vs. Lifebringer
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheHulkster

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Was pre, I believe. Logos gave him his hunger back, didn't it?

Galactus loses his hunger again in April, the same month he appears in Slott's issue. Logos gives him his hunger back in February. Plus, in Slott's issue, Galactus doesn't have his Herald of Life. His Herald of Life dies in April's issue and had been with Galactus since October of 2016.

Slott has expressed in interviews and shown in writing that his Surfer run in in step with the current goings on in the MU. I doubt that he is seven months behind the rest of the MU.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 11:57 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by TheHulkster
Your entire argument is based on character hype.
The hell are you talking about..?

I haven't made any 'arguments' here at all, lol. Maybe get your facts straight before you respond to me next time? smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 20th, 2017 01:56 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by Galan007
The hell are you talking about..?

I haven't made any 'arguments' here at all, lol. Maybe get your facts straight before you respond to me next time? smile

Youre right. You haven't made any arguments. You just based your conclusions on hype. I stand corrected.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 02:03 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lol, what conclusions did I make? That Imperiex is the embodiment of entropy/destruction? He is; we saw him destroy a universe on panel. That Imperiex is also the force of rebirth/recreation? He is; we saw him release a universal big bang on panel.

Moreover, explicit statements made by the likes of Fortress Mode Eradicator, Rip Hunter, and the Quintessence regarding Imperiex's purpose on a fundamental/conceptual/cosmic level, hardly qualify as general 'hype', lol.

...And I only mentioned those facts in the first place because carver specifically ASKED about the aspects of Imperiex's power, lol.

As I said: get your facts straight if you're going to try and randomly pick an argument with me. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on May 20th, 2017 at 02:47 AM

Old Post May 20th, 2017 02:37 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Is that a fact?

You have scans of Galactus containing a big bang handy?

Kyle doesn't contain a Big Bang. Know what your talking about before you comment.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 02:43 AM
TheHulkster

Lol, what conclusions did I make? That Imperiex is the embodiment of entropy/destruction? He is; we saw him destroy a universe on panel. That Imperiex is also the force of rebirth/recreation? He is; we saw him release a big bang on panel.

Moreover, explicit statements made by the likes of Fortress Mode Eradicator, Rip Hunter, and the Quintessence regarding Imperiex's purpose on a fundamental/conceptual/cosmic level, hardly qualify as general 'hype', lol.

...And I only mentioned those facts in the first place because carver specifically ASKED about that aspect of Imperiex's power, lol.

As I said: get your facts straight if you're going to try and randomly pick an argument with me. smile

You cite statements of hype as evidence of what Galactus is incapable of doing to Imperiex as opposed to citing actual performance, which is weak.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 02:50 AM
carver9

Imperiex doesn't have any fts. Don't know why this thread is still going on.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 20th, 2017 04:06 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by carver9

Shut up you idiot!

Old Post May 20th, 2017 04:30 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Lol. Don't even respond to him. He's just trolling at this point.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 04:37 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Kyle doesn't contain a Big Bang. Know what your talking about before you comment.
You cite statements of hype as evidence of what Galactus is incapable of doing to Imperiex as opposed to citing actual performance, which is weak.
laughing out loud

Trolls will be trolls. thumb up

Annnnyyyywayyy... If anyone else would like to discuss Imperiex, I'm game. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on May 20th, 2017 at 04:54 AM

Old Post May 20th, 2017 04:41 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Damnit Galan, git gud, know you're talking about.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post May 20th, 2017 06:03 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

LOL at playing the troll card.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 10:31 AM
carver9

Originally posted by SquallX
Shut up you idiot!

Nope. Add to the thread.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 20th, 2017 12:34 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by carver9

Superman beats Goku.

Anyone else think Superman beats Goku?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 01:27 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think that Batman has a chance.

However he will have to take all of his prep and put it waaaaaay up Imperiex and Galactus butts.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 06:57 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

the teleportation thing happened during a time when Galactus was severely weakened, yeah. Heck, in Ultimates #7, he's still recovering from the affair.

That said, I'm not entirely sure who wins this fight, but just my 2 cents:

1. When Galactus was reverted to his devourer form, it was noted by Rodstvow that Galactus would devour all time and space until all that would be left is the First Firmament, (though how long this would take was undefined).

2. Devourer Galactus also has a potential multiversal feat during his battle with Scrier + Other.

3. Lifebringer Galactus is shown/implied to be far more powerful than devourer Galactus.

I'm not necessarily trying to say Galactus is multiversal + (there's far more evidence indicating otherwise,) just showing that in the context of the Ultimates series, this is meant to be the most powerful Galactus yet. Would he defeat Imperiex? No idea. So far the only forces confirmed/shown to be capable of defeating Lifebringer Galactus are Molecule Man (who is by far the most powerful character in Marvel currently, Imperiex is less than an ant to him,) and Logos, (the much more assertive/dominant stand-in for the Living Tribunal that stomped 8 celestials instantly and is the ultimate law within the Omniverse). Also the First Firmament, (the being who corrupted Chaos/Order in the first place).

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 06:26 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He is going to fight Ego next month. That should clarify his power level.

And Slott didn't mention that Lifebringer was weakened.

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 06:50 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

You're probably right. We haven't seen enough quantifiable showings from Galactus yet, (which we probably will next issue). That said, I won't claim to be any sort of expert regarding Imperiex, so I'll defer to the posters in this thread such as yourself and Galan. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 07:03 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by abhilegend
He is going to fight Ego next month. That should clarify his power level.

Ewing has already stated that Galactus will still be recovering from what Logos does to him and will be below peak condition while Ego is more powerful than ever.

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 04:13 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Ewing has already stated that Galactus will still be recovering from what Logos does to him and will be below peak condition while Ego is more powerful than ever.

Maybe. We'll have to see if that's how the story is shown.

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 04:15 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote