KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dumbest comic book character costume

Dumbest comic book character costume
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

That was... the thing that turned out to be a deformed Doombot in disguise right?

Old Post May 20th, 2017 02:14 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Well he's credited as Victor Von Doom but that is false advertisement

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 20th, 2017 02:38 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Imposing to a point, but it was mixed with the silliness of having to always turn his body since he couldn't turn his head... Perfect Bat costume for the time, but it's aged imo.

Regarding Bale's, I will admit it didn't stick with me as a top preferred design like I thought it would long run. When rewatching a bit of TDK by a certain point (might've been before Rises even came out, don't remember now), I just further noticed how the front shape of the cowl just looks off and kinda dumb. The rest of the suit I still like what with the details on the chest and stuff, but eh... After Batman Begins, the lack of gadgets he used didn't really complement the suit much, y'know?

What's wrong with J'onn in Supergirl again? I've seen the complaints about how he's treated in the show like combat-wise, but Martian Manhunter has always been a jobber, even in Justice League. One of the more high-end powerful heroes, but a jobber nonetheless since he's usually never had that main character status.

This, definitely. Even worse was how the first film took shots at the source material with the "Well what would you prefer? A yellow spandex?" line, implying their generic black leather was better. I should've known even back then as a kid to say **** you Fox. At least they've gotten kinda better with costumes in recent times though, like with Psylocke and such imo.

The body turning DID allow for some dramatic shots though.

And no, I personally meant how J'onn looks. I don't like it. His character's writing is up and down, but his look... It's not great.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 20th, 2017 02:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

What's wrong with J'onn in Supergirl again?

His appearance looks like cosplay. And not even particularly good cosplay.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 05:36 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by steverules_2
/thread

(please log in to view the image)

The best description I have heard for this version of "Doom" (I added quotes, because I do not consider that POS Doom) is a crash test dummy made out of melted plastic bags.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 05:38 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Yeah that wasn't Doom in the movie, I dunno what that was but a crash test dummy sounds pretty accurate

Is there an episode of super girl where J'onn doesn't get his ass handed to him? He's the worst hero I've ever seen, he loses every one of his fights, I dunno if it's changed since I last saw it though so maybe now he's kicking ass but I highly doubt it

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 20th, 2017 09:57 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Dr Doom
New Goblin
TDK Batsuit (hate the motorcycle look)
X Men
Original Superman
60s Batman
Howard the Duck
The Grandmaster
Two Face (Forever)
Galactus

Old Post May 20th, 2017 10:28 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Shaq. Steel. Thats gotta be top 5.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 10:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Before I forget, Diamondback.

Oh, I'd prolly give an honorable mention to the Stallone Dredd too minus the helmet which was cool looking, but the rest of the costume...

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on May 20th, 2017 at 10:56 AM

Old Post May 20th, 2017 10:51 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Actually I think Galactus could be the worst, I mean we got a storm cloud so he didn't even get a costume unless you count the silhouette through the cloud

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 20th, 2017 01:54 PM
riv6672

The Stallone Dredd was actually not a bad adaptation.

It was stylized, but fairly accurate.
A lot of the visuals were.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 05:06 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

That's one of the least worst ones actually

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 20th, 2017 05:31 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Didn't mind the shoulder pads either, considering. Guess my main problems was the silly cod piece and lack of some details here and there, but yeah, suppose is not one of the worst now that you mention it.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 06:38 PM
Darth Thor

Actually I think Galactus could be the worst,

This

Old Post May 20th, 2017 07:58 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Didn't mind the shoulder pads either, considering. Guess my main problems was the silly cod piece and lack of some details here and there, but yeah, suppose is not one of the worst now that you mention it.

Making the clothes Leather instead of Nylon would probably have helped.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 08:00 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

That's one of the least worst ones actually

Good deal, guys. thumb up

Old Post May 20th, 2017 09:14 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

That was... the thing that turned out to be a deformed Doombot in disguise right?

Anti-social computer programmer turned into a robot...

It's shocking that FOX still doesn't want to give the rights back to Marvel.

Old Post May 21st, 2017 12:31 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Before I forget, Diamondback.

If they got rid of the helmet the costume is spot on.

Old Post May 21st, 2017 12:40 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

The helmet really brings the costume together

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 21st, 2017 03:46 PM
ares834

I actually like Dimandback's suit. It may not look cool, but they absolutely nailed what they were going for there.

Originally posted by relentless1
Original Superman

thumb down

Old Post May 21st, 2017 05:05 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote