KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC's Doomsday Clock

DC's Doomsday Clock
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Issue 11 was ho-hum.

This final issue had better knock my socks off, but I sincerely doubt that it will.

Two years in the making and this is simply a mediocre story and fails massively to reach the standards of Watchmen.
Agree.

Some of the individual issues have been good, and I like some of the concepts introduced in the series, but the event has been very lackluster as a whole. The final issue will probably just flesh out the dynamic between Superman and Manhattan, which I am looking forward to, tbh... Mainly because that is what this ENTIRE event has been leading up to.

I'm also curious what long term ramifications(to cosmology) there will be when this is wrapped up..? Manhattan has done a LOT of tampering to the universe/Metaverse, after all.

There's also Ozy to consider. Seems like he's masterminded pretty much everything.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 8th, 2019 at 09:13 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2019 09:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

My favorite issues have been the ones prominently featuring the stories of DC characters and cosmology rather than the Watchmen verse characters. Johns has a much better voice for DCs heroes. The Manhattan centered issue was cool though.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Sep 14th, 2019 02:28 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Jogga

Doomsday Clock had no business being as boring as it turned out to be. Putin, Trump, Joker, Batman, Luthor, Black Adam, and such? Nobody asked for this. I wanted to read this for Superman and Manhattan’s conflicting ideologies. Not for Batman, Joker, and Geoff John’s Joker OCs to hog the spotlight so uselessly for 11/12th of the run.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2019 02:24 PM
Mr. Jogga is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Jogga a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Jogga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Picked up the first issue of DOOMSDAY CLOCK just now.
It just seems like one of those books ppl are going to be talking about, and i'm going to wish i'd read/end up reading after the fact, so i'm just gonna go ahead and do it.
The Johns/Frank combo doesnt hurt either.

Well I was right in that ppl are talking about it.
About how bad it was, mostly.

While I enjoyed the art throughout, I wish it would have been a book filled w. things worth seeing.

The [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Crises predictions were fun, but that was about the only real fun I had in the entire series.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 01:02 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Issue 12 was a let down. This wasn’t worth waiting two years to finish.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 06:16 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^No, it really wasn’t.
I never expected this to be great, but, I really didn’t expect it to be boring.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2020 10:01 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

This series was proof DC do not understand Watchmen. Almost as sacrilegious as the TV show. Reconstructing a basic Superhero plot from a deconstructionist story wasn't clever... It was retarded.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 07:52 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

So now I'm wondering, if the DC universe gets rebooted, what does that mean for the Watchmen characters and the event? Does everything they did in the main DC world gets erased and they're restored back to their own universe after the events of the Watchmen like nothing happened? Or did the Doomsday Clock event still happen?

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Sep 16th, 2022 03:47 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote